[SHIP][AE] The Tardis (Re-Mastered) [v014]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
assistancerobot

Re: [SHIP][AE] The Tardis (Re-Mastered) [v014]

Postby assistancerobot » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:27 am

stylesrj wrote:
assistancerobot wrote:weapons with 0 power requirements don't work properly , so to fix sonic issue , you need to make it require power
:D :geek: :D

They work just fine. You just need to activate a gun that uses power to make it function.

yes but gencool mentions at the starting beacon that there are issues with the sonic screwdriver , I am saying how to fix it

this mod here has the same problem :
viewtopic.php?t=14896

BTW , I like how you made the spikes on the anti-hull troclafane extend and retract
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:34 am

assistancerobot wrote:They work just fine. You just need to activate a gun that uses power to make it function.

yes but gencool mentions at the starting beacon that there are issues with the sonic screwdriver , I am saying how to fix it[/quote]

The Screwdriver is supposed to not use any reactor power so it doesn't hinder the flow of combat as you have to swap between support and combat weapons.

this mod here has the same problem :
viewtopic.php?t=14896

That problem was done out of uncertainty (who knew 0-power weapons could do that?) and I don't think Metzelmax is going to fix it any time soon.
The Screwdriver is deliberate.
assistancerobot

Postby assistancerobot » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:39 pm

are yo sre the screwdriver is deliberate?
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:16 pm

Figured I'd weigh in here:

The 0 power consumption is deliberate - I wanted the Screwdriver to feel more like a tool or a power up than a standard weapon

The fact that it is buggy and requires other weapons to be active is not deliberate - if I had the choice it would always be active and usable

Hopefully you enjoyed the mod through the bugs, though?
I know a lot of people don't seem to get the gameplay I was going for, but then i never really commented on playstyles.
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
assistancerobot

Postby assistancerobot » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:53 am

Gencool wrote:Figured I'd weigh in here:

The 0 power consumption is deliberate - I wanted the Screwdriver to feel more like a tool or a power up than a standard weapon

The fact that it is buggy and requires other weapons to be active is not deliberate - if I had the choice it would always be active and usable

Hopefully you enjoyed the mod through the bugs, though?
I know a lot of people don't seem to get the gameplay I was going for, but then i never really commented on playstyles.

Okay , then please yell at FTL developers!

BTW needs more ships!!!

Like :
Gravity Bubble Spitfire (ive made a ship for that I will give it to you if you want)

Note :
I will not be able to update ftl , so fix wont apply to me
CaveGlow

Postby CaveGlow » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:10 pm

Hey ive noticed this mod is compatible with almost no other mods especially ones where the ships are affected, i know its probably difficult but is there maybe some code or something for custom ships that doesnt get overwritten by other mods? thanks