[SHIP][AE] The Tardis (Re-Mastered) [v014]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Gencool

Re: [SHIP][AE] The Tardis (Re-Mastered) [v011]

Postby Gencool » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:25 am

Oh man, that was as great to watch as it was painful! You even pointed out the regenerative teleport at the start...

Did you attempt a second run? I think you came up with a whole bunch of good strategies that you just didn't get a chance to use.

Bio- That doesn't sound good... Still, I'm looking forward to watching!
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:01 pm

Gencool wrote:Oh man, that was as great to watch as it was painful! You even pointed out the regenerative teleport at the start...

Did you attempt a second run? I think you came up with a whole bunch of good strategies that you just didn't get a chance to use.

Yeah I did forget about the regen teleport, though I don't see the wisdom in abandoning your ship to run around on the enemy ship while your teleporter recharges and your ship takes fire all the time, so you can teleport back (assuming your teleporter doesn't take damage) and THEN start the actual battling.

I did not attempt a 2nd run. I may try again off-camera, on Normal mode, to see how it plays. I did enjoy it and it's very original, though!
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:23 pm

Ah, but that's what makes it Doctor-Whoish!
Running around on enemy ships, locking down rooms, trying to keep several plates spinning...
The Sonic's also basically a targetable repair drone, and the Tardis starts with a load of self defense stuff, so you don't have to worry so much about taking your crew off-ship.

Thankyou, though! Glad you liked it, and the video was great fun to watch. It's been added to the playlist.

(If you don't do another run with the Tardis, maybe try the Paradox? It's like the challenge-mode of the Tardis and I'd love to see it attempted on hard ^^)
ImageImageImage
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:20 pm

Gencool wrote:Bio- That doesn't sound good... Still, I'm looking forward to watching!

Let's just say it points out the weakness of not having a medbay/clonebay in a niche situation. And how disastrous 1 miss can be.
CE was all but happy to provide that situation.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:11 am

Hey Gencool, you know how bugged Civilian sectors are?
Well I encountered another one! As the Master, I entered a civvie sector and instead of the usual TARDIS regeneration stuff, I got a shipwright asking me if I'd like to upgrade my reactor.

I thought the next jump might crash my game (as it usually does when loading a random event in lack of an event) but so far it hasn't. So yeah, Civilian sectors are still bugged.
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:17 am

Well that's annoying.
It's difficult to test, especially since on my rare excursions into civvy tertitory I haven't had issues myself...

This game, man.
ImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:43 am

You won't believe this, but...

So far my sector map has been like this:

Start -> Nebula -> Civvie -> Engi -> Civvie -> Civvie...

Then my game crashed upon entering that sector because, well it's either that or Slug Zone. So many Civilian sectors :(

EDIT: Now I can't continue. The last beacon was blank and added a quest beacon to the next sector. So now I hit Continue... game crashes. It was such a good run too. Got a BL.II in Sector 1, followed by a Pre-igniter...

EDIT 2: I picked up Advanced Fire Suppression in an Abandoned Sector after giving some Lanius some Scrap. I'm pretty sure that was not intended.
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:54 pm

Ok, I can't figure it out, so I've just removed civilian sectors entirely. Really sorry man!

The fire extinguishers have a rarity of 0, and there's no events that seem to call it. Honestly. What?
ImageImageImage
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:02 pm

Gencool wrote:The fire extinguishers have a rarity of 0, and there's no events that seem to call it. Honestly. What?

There is a Lanius event, as described by stylesrj, that gives items from blueprintLists. Rarity has no effect on the event.

dlcBlueprints.xml.append

Code: Select all

<mod:findName type="blueprintList" name="DLC_AUGMENTS">
   <mod:findLike type="name"> <mod:selector>FIRE_EXTINGUISHERS</mod:selector> <mod:removeTag/> </mod:findlike>
</mod:findName>

That code should remove the fire suppression from the list. Duplicate the findlike section and rename the selector for any other dlc augments you altered and don't want found by this event.
edit: Downloaded, it seems that is the only augment that changed.
Last edited by RAD-82 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:13 pm

Gencool wrote:Ok, I can't figure it out, so I've just removed civilian sectors entirely.
You can consider adding a carbon copy of the civ sector with nothing changed but its ID and its starting event. That will have the sector behave normally. I used that to get around a lot of problems caused by how the game start event behaves.