[Taking Requests] Mod showcase videos

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
WhiteWeasel

Re: [Taking Requests] Mod showcase videos

Postby WhiteWeasel » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:52 am

Alright, the mods I made that wish to show you are the F5 Mercury - The Starfighter. It's actually two mods rolled into one. I made a standalone weapons pack. (You can look at it to see weapon details) and then created a ship mod with the weapons pack rolled into it. The ship is from my one favorite indie games Ring Runner. Note that both mods should not be run together as they are designed to be fully functional on their own. They are AE compatible, and are balanced towards vanilla FTL gameplay. I'm sure they will play nice with most other mods, but I know I didn't make it with Captains Edition in mind.

The F5 itself from the ship version of the mod is somewhat unique (at least from the ship mods that I have seen) in that the ship has a small weapons bay, but makes up for it with a powerful fixed artillery system and a large (3 slot) drone bay (4 slot on the stealth version). As well as making engines cheaper to upgrade but capping the shields at 3 layers instead of four to play up the ships glass cannon theme. The weapons added spice things up as the enemies can use (most of) them as well! A thing to note is that due to the ships small weapon slots, it's going to be hard to try out the new items with your small weapons bay. So I would suggest if you can, to try out the standalone weapons pack before you try out the new ships (+weapons) mod.

Important notes about the starfighter mod:
-The two weapon slots means there is no autofire button. This can be resolved by left ctrl+ targeting with a desired weapon.
-The Layouts B and C do not support mind control due to room constraints.
-The layout A has a issue where the oxygen is de-powered when the zoltan is returning to the engines from the medbay. This can be fixed to assigning him to a different power consuming station like weapons or shields.
Biohazard063

Re: [Taking Requests] Mod showcase videos

Postby Biohazard063 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:47 am

WhiteWeasel wrote:Snip...

Alright, keep in mind I work with a backlog though. So it might be a bit. This showcase should come after the Spotter ship.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.