[MOD][AE] Custom Repeated Fleet Delay [Game Balance]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
earlyraven

[MOD][AE] Custom Repeated Fleet Delay [Game Balance]

Postby earlyraven » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:18 pm

Greetings FTL players and mod-seekers!

This is my first FTL mod, so please go easy on me.
Download Link:
Custom Repeated Fleet Delay-v1.3.2.doc3
Direct Download:

Summary:
This is a very simple mod that will repeatedly cause the rebel fleet to be delayed by a choosable amount once at the start and again for jumps to other sectors. Alternately, if you wish for a slightly more challenging experience, you may also speed up the rebel fleet.

At every sector's start you may:
    Speed up the rebel fleet (1-4 turns).
    Slow down the rebel fleet (1-14, 20, 50, 1,000, or 10,000 turns).

It also includes an option to give yourself lots of supplies and scrap.

Menu Pics:

History/Inspiration:
I know there's already several Disable Rebel Fleet mods posted by others, but I didn't want to completely disable it, I just wanted a small delay. I tried just changing the numbers on one of the available DIsable Rebel Fleet mods, but noticed it was only working in civilian sectors. So, I decided to make one that works in all sectors. As I was working on it, I thought it would be nice to be able to choose the delay amount, and so I did. Basically, I liked the idea of the rebel fleet pursueing me, pushing me forward, but I felt I was being a little too rushed. This mod lets me choose how much time I can spend in each sector.

I created this mod mostly for myself, but I figure I might as well share it with the FTL community.... so here it is.
Direct Download:

Compatibility:
Is compatible with:....Mods that DO NOT OVERWRITE start beacon events.
Should be compatible with any mod that does not overwrite start beacons mentioned below.

Is NOT compatible with:...Mods that OVERWRITE start beacon events.
This mod overwrites START_BEACON from events.xml as well as (START_BEACON_ENGI, START_BEACON_MANTIS, START_BEACON_NEBULA, etc. from their corresponding events file)

Somewhat compatible with:...Mods that add new sectors.

Credits:
Thanks to AirRevenant's Disable Rebel Pursuit - Advanced Edition mod from http://www.reddit.com/r/ftlgame/comment ... d_edition/ -- the two lines of code were the basis for this mod.

Closing Comments:
Thanks for taking the time to check out this mod. If you like it, please let me know. If you have a suggestion for improvement, please let me know as well.
MOMO

Re: [MOD][AE] Custom Repeated Fleet Delay [Game Balance]

Postby MOMO » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi let me be the first to say wonderful performance this mod looks very well polished and thought out from what I can tell good job hope you have fun being a modder :D
MlemandPurrs

Re: [MOD][AE] Custom Repeated Fleet Delay [Game Balance]

Postby MlemandPurrs » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:34 pm

why does the link to download show an .doc3 extension ? everything else seems to show as .ftl