FTL : SUPREMACY

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ApexMods

Re: FTL : SUPREMACY

Postby ApexMods » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:07 pm

Wow, thanks a ton for your feedback and efforts, Biohazard et al!

Sorry for the late reply guys, but I'm busy almost 24/7 with some very(!) unfortunate stuff IRL. Hopefully, I'll get through this serious #%%$ somehow and will once again find the time to get back to this (keeping my fingers crossed here). There's still loads of stuff I would like to do with this mod.

Again, thanks for the feedback and support! Talk to you soon (hopefully)!
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:18 pm

Sure thing,

Did a few more runs and some other (rather small) stuff came up. Mostly stuff I mentioned earlier, like a lot of weapons having additional amounts of special damage (crew/system) where I assume you actually mean to lower those...
But if you ever need some assistance (other than creating images...) just let me know, I'll see what I can do.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
saneenoughtogame

Postby saneenoughtogame » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:08 pm

So far I love the mod except I'm having problems with the ship customization portion of the mod. For example, I'll use the Kruous which has no oxygen then get a free crewmember that needs oxygen, and then can't buy an oxygen system. Is there any way to turn off the customization?
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:25 am

I didn't know what to expect when I installed this mod.

"Use the force" it said - It will be fun, they said... until I reached the Rebel Flagship, which brutally tore me apart in < 20 seconds (without considering the stealth period). :shock:

The general idea is very good, but you should really consider releasing side-mods to have an harder, or even much harder, final boss. I agree that if you have more firepower it is reasonable that some enemies have more HP; I even agree that breaches should appear more frequently than now, but that last enemy... no... *bad memories*.

I hope you can resume working on SUPREMACY as soon as possible! ;)
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:27 pm

Auron1 wrote:I didn't know what to expect when I installed this mod.

"Use the force" it said - It will be fun, they said... until I reached the Rebel Flagship, which brutally tore me apart in < 20 seconds (without considering the stealth period). :shock: \

I didn't feel like cheesing it, so I didn't go with that cookie gimme gimme blue option, and I expected something harder than usual at the end. I had what I would call a game-winner in vanilla, and I had beaten other harder flagships. I was pretty proud of what I had at the end, all loaded up on stuff that could hurt the flagship. IIRC I recorded it, and then I found out that this flagship was a behemoth of a ship...
...there were... so many... why...

anyways, when you get what looks like an OP mod, what with having the double the hull points, you expect there to be a counterbalance. well get ready folks, 'cause the end boss is one hell of a counterbalance.

I don't want to say anything about the actual fight, partly because I don't remember it (though I think I have a recording), but mainly because I don't think it should be spoiled. you prepare for what? you don't know, expecting the regular flagship. when it hits you what the heck the flagship you know it's too late. so it's almost as if the creator of this mod was able to recreate that initial wth? moment when you find out what the flagship is in vanilla.

also, this mod gives you a highscore too high. I went on normal and ended with 6441 :o
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:41 pm

My first period may have been misunderstood: I really downloaded your Mod among the very first ones, and I had little knowledge on what mods could do (or could not).
Since there were so many times the "use the force" option, once I decided to give it a try and see what happened, so I discovered those special weapons, which I realized only much later that they can't be replicated.
When I encountered the Final Boss, I was vaporized really in a short period of time, without ever realizing what was happening.

So the next times I avoided using X-weapons, thinking that picking them resulted in a much stronger last battle. But I was wrong...
If you ask if I liked your Mod: yes, absolutely. It's just I was not prepared yet! :!:
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!