FTL : SUPREMACY

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ApexMods

Re: FTL : SUPREMACY

Postby ApexMods » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:07 pm

Wow, thanks a ton for your feedback and efforts, Biohazard et al!

Sorry for the late reply guys, but I'm busy almost 24/7 with some very(!) unfortunate stuff IRL. Hopefully, I'll get through this serious #%%$ somehow and will once again find the time to get back to this (keeping my fingers crossed here). There's still loads of stuff I would like to do with this mod.

Again, thanks for the feedback and support! Talk to you soon (hopefully)!
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:18 pm

Sure thing,

Did a few more runs and some other (rather small) stuff came up. Mostly stuff I mentioned earlier, like a lot of weapons having additional amounts of special damage (crew/system) where I assume you actually mean to lower those...
But if you ever need some assistance (other than creating images...) just let me know, I'll see what I can do.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
saneenoughtogame

Postby saneenoughtogame » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:08 pm

So far I love the mod except I'm having problems with the ship customization portion of the mod. For example, I'll use the Kruous which has no oxygen then get a free crewmember that needs oxygen, and then can't buy an oxygen system. Is there any way to turn off the customization?
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:25 am

I didn't know what to expect when I installed this mod.

"Use the force" it said - It will be fun, they said... until I reached the Rebel Flagship, which brutally tore me apart in < 20 seconds (without considering the stealth period). :shock:

The general idea is very good, but you should really consider releasing side-mods to have an harder, or even much harder, final boss. I agree that if you have more firepower it is reasonable that some enemies have more HP; I even agree that breaches should appear more frequently than now, but that last enemy... no... *bad memories*.

I hope you can resume working on SUPREMACY as soon as possible! ;)
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:27 pm

Auron1 wrote:I didn't know what to expect when I installed this mod.

"Use the force" it said - It will be fun, they said... until I reached the Rebel Flagship, which brutally tore me apart in < 20 seconds (without considering the stealth period). :shock: \

I didn't feel like cheesing it, so I didn't go with that cookie gimme gimme blue option, and I expected something harder than usual at the end. I had what I would call a game-winner in vanilla, and I had beaten other harder flagships. I was pretty proud of what I had at the end, all loaded up on stuff that could hurt the flagship. IIRC I recorded it, and then I found out that this flagship was a behemoth of a ship...
...there were... so many... why...

anyways, when you get what looks like an OP mod, what with having the double the hull points, you expect there to be a counterbalance. well get ready folks, 'cause the end boss is one hell of a counterbalance.

I don't want to say anything about the actual fight, partly because I don't remember it (though I think I have a recording), but mainly because I don't think it should be spoiled. you prepare for what? you don't know, expecting the regular flagship. when it hits you what the heck the flagship you know it's too late. so it's almost as if the creator of this mod was able to recreate that initial wth? moment when you find out what the flagship is in vanilla.

also, this mod gives you a highscore too high. I went on normal and ended with 6441 :o
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:41 pm

My first period may have been misunderstood: I really downloaded your Mod among the very first ones, and I had little knowledge on what mods could do (or could not).
Since there were so many times the "use the force" option, once I decided to give it a try and see what happened, so I discovered those special weapons, which I realized only much later that they can't be replicated.
When I encountered the Final Boss, I was vaporized really in a short period of time, without ever realizing what was happening.

So the next times I avoided using X-weapons, thinking that picking them resulted in a much stronger last battle. But I was wrong...
If you ask if I liked your Mod: yes, absolutely. It's just I was not prepared yet! :!:
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:31 am

FTL : Supremacy has some UI issues with the latest versions of FTL. This patched version fixes said issues, as well as implement a few balance changes and fixes.

Download FTL : Supremacy for FTL 1.6.X Here

Code: Select all

Full Changelog from V0.2 to V0.2.1:

UI Fixes, including:
   - The Loading Bar
   - Tooltips
   - Oxygen and Evasion metres
   - Other HUD things, including cooldown timers.

Minor Balance Changes:
   - Tweaked hull weapons to work as intended. I can't speak for ApexMods, but in V0.2, 'Hull-Buster' weapons would deal high damage on top of extra system damage, when it would seem to be high damage with a reduction in system damage. Its possible ApexMods didn't understand how system damage is calculated, and set it accordingly.
   - Extra hull weapon balancing so they're not just worse versions of their standard counterparts, particularly with regards to hull lasers.
   - Made the Zoltan Energy Shield rarity 0, except in zoltan sectors. In my opinion its too powerful to just be avaliable in stores and random encounters everywhere.
   - Freight Container sell value decreased. (750 -> 300)
   - Starting event re-worked to reduce RNG and to allow more meaningful choices at the start of the game.
   - System upgrade and crew prices increased (still less than Vanilla)
   - Changed Crystal Ships slightly

The Final Boss:
   - Increased reactor power to allow it to power all systems, but the systems are limited so not all of them are used.
      - This makes artillery powered in phase 1, but limits the avaliability of drones, teleporter, etc..
   - Easy mode boss has decreased cloaking power level from '8' to '6'
   - Drone control power level increased from '8' to '10' (9 in easy mode)

Other Tweaks:
   - The 'Turbo Ion' Mark I and II weapons were renamed to 'Power Ion' to better reflect their functionality.

Any feedback on above changes is appreciated.
ApexMods

Postby ApexMods » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:41 pm

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:FTL : Supremacy has some UI issues with the latest versions of FTL. This patched version fixes said issues, as well as implement a few balance changes and fixes.

Many thanks for your efforts, jumbocarrot0! Very much appreciated! :thumbsup:

As it happens, I've been quite busy with a major update to FTL:SUPREMACY myself, and I will be posting the new version shortly. It's a complete do-over I started from scratch for FTL 1.6.9 and up, so for people looking for 1.6.x compatibility but with the old feature set, your version 0.2.1 will offer a nice solution.

EDIT: New version is out, OP updated https://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27464#p92710. Hope you guys like it.
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:07 am

I was fairly surprised to see a new update for this mod, especially since according to the download page, the last update was from 2016.

Truth be told, I was not willing to play the mod for a multitude of reasons, but in the short examination I made of both the mod and its contents, I see some very major things that I feel are major concerns. I don't believe in tearing apart mods, but there are some things that need major attention to in this mod.

First and biggest concern:
When opening the mod, I was shocked to see the size of the mod files that I was copying over. Turns out, that's because you included all of the vanilla assets in the mod. You really really really shouldn't do this, its completely unnecessary, drastically increases the size of the mod, and it makes it hard to navigate the mod files. You can get rid of a massive chunk of those files. Of course, this doesn't hinder game-play, but its still something I highly recommend fixing.

Second concern:
You include the slisptream files in the download file. I also strongly dont recommend doing this, at the very most provide the link to the slipstream download in the readme file, and even then I still dont recommend including a readme at all. The readme was also completely unformatted and appears to be the entire contents of the forum post.

Third concern:
The next thing that really stuck out from the moment I opened the hangar was that uh... all of the player ships are insanely overpowered and the equipment provided has no real sense of rhyme or reason in relation to the ship. A vast majority, if not all of the ships, have 4 crew as well. In all honesty, it gives the mod a sort of "lazily put together ship pack" feel. I strongly recommend playtesting each of the playerships and not making them all god ships. God ships can be fun to play with, but typically you don't want every ship in your overhaul to be one.

Fourth Concern:
I do see that there are some new hulls in this mod, but I also notice that a very large portion of them are simply stretched out versions of vanilla ships, or in a few cases, either a zoltan or rebel ship with grey stripes/spots. Sprite work can be hard, and I do see you've taken a few ships from VV, which is fine, but its just a bit disconcerting when the rebel assault looks like a rebel fighter that ate some poisonous berries and had an allergic reaction to a bee sting simultaneously. This is merely a suggestion, but I recommend changing the stretchy ships, if you keep them in the long run, to perhaps a special variant similar to that of elites of their non-stretched vanilla counterpart. For instance, making the rebel bomber a "super-rigger" or something like that.

Fifth Concern:
Browsing through your modified player ship hulls, I see some really cool sprites, and some not so great ones. Having all recolors in my opinion is perfectly fine, but some of the changes feel very odd. For instance, Lanius B is no longer the objectively awesomeness that it was before, but rather a rusty red-tinted lanius type A, a change that in my opinion feels very unnecessary, and is too similar to the type A. I experienced a similar feeling with Crystal B as well. Additionally, on a smaller note, some of the names of the player cruisers no longer make sense with their new hulls. Crystal B's new sprite is now blue, but it's still named the Carnelian, which is a type of red stone. The Fregatidae is now bearing of the standard purple pirate paint, but yet Fregatidae is a genus of bird with a red underbelly, hence the red pirate paint on the vanilla cruiser. The new mantis cruiser sprites are all eyebleedingly bright neon colors that appear to have no relation with their equipment.
On another note, a few of the new hulls, such as Zoltan C, Fed B, and Slug B, I like a lot, especially Fed B.

Overall, the mod isn't horrible, but its got a lot of improvements to be made. I see a lot of potential in the project, and I wish y'all best of luck as you continue development.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:24 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WQSmq8 ... e=youtu.be pretty fun...up till that flag ship LOL
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269