[SHIP][AE] The ScrapBoat V2.0 (Type B released!)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
NarnKar

Re: [SHIP][AE] The ScrapBoat V1.2

Postby NarnKar » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:18 pm

@Fallen it's actually quite possible. The effect is hardcoded into the game to only appear on Kestrel/Osprey and I believe they have a hardcoded position; but if you have a recolored kestrel you can recolor the engine sprites and it will be perfectly aligned.
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:35 pm

I didn't know that this was possible. Does that mean that a modded Kestrel will have the engine affects, no matter what?
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:05 pm

It only works if the namespace of the images is renamed to "kestral". So if your custom ship has an image namespace of MYSHIP or something like that, engine glows won't appear.
256spam

Postby 256spam » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:50 am

NarnKar wrote:It only works if the namespace of the images is renamed to "kestral". So if your custom ship has an image namespace of MYSHIP or something like that, engine glows won't appear.

Yeah so it wont work. Yeah my ship replaces the osprey but i cannot get into the files correctly to modify the image i put in for it as of now. Ill work on it, but thanks for the heads up.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:13 am

I think the Osprey images have to be named after the default Osprey (SHIP_FEDERATION) imagespace.

Ah well. Unflared engines are not a problem.
256spam

Re: [SHIP][AE] The ScrapBoat V2.0 (Type B released!)

Postby 256spam » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:22 pm

TYPE B RELEASED! WOO!
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Nice superweapon on the Type B. The art for it looks familiar, but I can't place where it might've come from.
256spam

Postby 256spam » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:13 pm

NarnKar wrote:Nice superweapon on the Type B. The art for it looks familiar, but I can't place where it might've come from.

It is literally just the boss's superweapon. The black "core" of it some more parts of the boss, which looked cool and the core of sorts is the cockpit of a lanius ship. It was a pain in the ass to do, although easier by miles than just recolouring the damn thing. Still, i had fun making the type B, and i think that personally, more effort should be put into type B and C's, changing more than the paintjob you know?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:09 pm

Alright so now I've got to try that ship in a video or something.

Although here's an idea for your Type C:
Maybe it could be designed like an automated ship? Perhaps an automated scrap hauler used to deliver cargo between highly dangerous sectors (or maybe it's an automated minelayer). The Federation slapped on an FTL drive and a stolen Rebel AI and sent it off to face the Flagship. You can include the evil red eye from an automated scout, make it a friendlier blue.

If AI ships are too overpowered, have it designed like one but give it a crew of one Engi or something (or a ghost) so it's still a crewed ship.

The gun could be like the Flak Artillery except all it does is take down shields and do hull damage. Or it spits out slow-moving mines that go through shields and damage the hull. It'd keep with the whole "scrap hauler" theme as the ship was just carrying mines at the time of its flight.
256spam

Postby 256spam » Fri May 01, 2015 1:55 pm

stylesrj wrote:Alright so now I've got to try that ship in a video or something.

Although here's an idea for your Type C:
Maybe it could be designed like an automated ship? Perhaps an automated scrap hauler used to deliver cargo between highly dangerous sectors (or maybe it's an automated minelayer). The Federation slapped on an FTL drive and a stolen Rebel AI and sent it off to face the Flagship. You can include the evil red eye from an automated scout, make it a friendlier blue.

If AI ships are too overpowered, have it designed like one but give it a crew of one Engi or something (or a ghost) so it's still a crewed ship.

The gun could be like the Flak Artillery except all it does is take down shields and do hull damage. Or it spits out slow-moving mines that go through shields and damage the hull. It'd keep with the whole "scrap hauler" theme as the ship was just carrying mines at the time of its flight.

I already have an idea actually.... Now im not an advanced modder yet, so i dont know how to make a custom artillery as of now, although i will keep that idea in mind! If you noticed, both the type a and B have had a lanius on board, as they are my favorite race. My idea is that the lanius took one of said ships and repurposed it to rip apart other ships rather than to rip apart asteroids. Its been my plan since the beginning, infact before the turncoat came to be. I just wanted to save it for the end. Im doing underused playstyles, and boy is the last type underused. But i do like your idea! I will take that in mind... maybe my next ship will be automated hmm... =)