[SHIP] The Abductor

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
NarnKar

Re: [SHIP] The Abductor

Postby NarnKar » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:01 pm

Wait, here's an idea.

What about a 0-power system repair drone? That way, it always stays powered, no matter how damaged the drone system is, right?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:05 pm

NarnKar wrote:Wait, here's an idea.

What about a 0-power system repair drone? That way, it always stays powered, no matter how damaged the drone system is, right?

Well as you probably saw in the video, as long as one system stays intact, the other can be fixed (by a Repair Drone or by the very mind-controlled boarders who would want it destroyed). If both are destroyed, your run was probably doomed anyway. I got lucky with that Flak II smashing into the Drone Control. Also, if more than 1 Lanius boards your teleporter via event or something... you're going to lose a lot as well. You can't plan for everything...

I recommend doors in the Drone Control that lead into space though.
Although the 0-power Drone works too... I think? Actually I think the 0-power Drone needs another drone activated in order to work, just like 0-power weapons need a gun to be activated in order to do damage.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:00 pm

What about a nanobot bomb that repairs system damage and does crew damage? That way, it serves both of the purposes of the internal drones (anti-personnel and system repair), and no one will want to use it as a boarding support bomb because it restores system damage.
redlerred7

Postby redlerred7 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:08 pm

NarnKar wrote:What about a nanobot bomb that repairs system damage and does crew damage? That way, it serves both of the purposes of the internal drones (anti-personnel and system repair), and no one will want to use it as a boarding support bomb because it restores system damage.

That actually makes it even more viable. It also frees up a new system slot. I'm down with this idea
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:22 pm

Do system repair bombs repair the enemy ship as well? Has anyone been crazy enough to drop a nano-repair bomb on a damaged enemy ship?

I know healing bombs don't heal the enemy and if you put a gun to -1 on System Damage it doesn't do any damage to the system. So would it do anything to the enemy ship besides damage their crew?
Bruh

Postby Bruh » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:13 am

This mod is good and simple......I <3 It
SkyfoxGM

Postby SkyfoxGM » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:34 pm

I love this ship, It's not to weak but then not too power full.
(And you don't need to suffer from the Pesky A.I. Fight :roll: )
Who knew slamming your face into the keyboard made amazing stories?
BertTF2

Postby BertTF2 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:26 pm

I remember using this ship a while back, my drones and tele broke but I still won 8-)
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:38 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqwrnOl ... e=youtu.be gotta say I had a lot of fun with this one, gonna have to see some of your other stuff
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Squishybrick

Postby Squishybrick » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:19 am

Here's my take on the ship, having played it myself.

The gimmick of the abduction strategy is a great way to get free extra scrap early-game so long as you can tank or dodge incoming damage long term,
but eventually, inevitably, you will fight that one enemy that cheekily manages to bomb your drone system and destroy it.

It's simply not worth the scrap to upgrade it in some attempt to protect it from additional damage, when you have to focus on not dying
just for the abduction strat to work since the mind control takes so long to cool down.

So, what you're inevitably left with, is slightly lackluster gunship with two irreparable systems, and NO spare system slots, making what
should've been a "mess around for fun" ship, an actual "challenge" ship.

Now, playing it when considering it as a challenge ship, it's a actually a bit more interesting.. No spare system slots, a teleporter you can't
use to board with, and you start with the drone system and mind control, in a rock cruiser.

With the available systems at hand, it's still not too hard to find a setup that works, so it's only a basic challenge, at that.

If I had to suggest ways to balance it, there could be a few ways..

For the abduction gimmick: (One of any of these fixes could work)
1. Start with max-upgraded doors, and allow crew to access the teleporter room.
2. Start with a teleport-bomb weapon that can repair systems. (Reduces starting offense capability, but protects against unlucky missile fuckery)
3. Start with 1-3 extra slots for drones, so they aren't one-shottable by an unlucky heavy missile.
4. Replace Slug Repair Gel with Titanium Steel Casing (25% chance to not take system damage)
5. Add/Create a specific augment that reduces the cooldown of the mind control by half. (Making it a far-more viable strat late game)