Federation Destroyer Makarra [Ship] [Zuesman101]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
zuesman101

Federation Destroyer Makarra [Ship] [Zuesman101]

Postby zuesman101 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:17 pm

Federation Destroyer Makarra
Here is a new ship, The federation Makarra.
Its class is a federation destroyer.

It is made for boarding, the bane of its existence is missile launchers, etc.

It is the ship that the bay D9 escape pod came from! (Gotta love those connections!)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26794 (D9 thread)

I really do hope it is an improvement on my other mods. The hull is my first custom one. Here is that thread link
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26805

Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9OWBX ... sp=sharing

Update 1
There is no cloaking image. If someone could please help me with one i would be greatful. (I will also give you credit). Thanks!
NarnKar

Re: Federation Destroyer Makarra [Ship]

Postby NarnKar » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:36 pm

Seems kind of arrogant to put your name in the thread title.
19acomst

Re: Federation Destroyer Makarra [Ship] [Zuesman101]

Postby 19acomst » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:12 pm

I love the hull and layout on this ship. Might be a little on the easy side with the mantis, rock AND anti-bio beam, but it still looks really fun. I'll enjoy playing it.
R4V3-0N

Re: Federation Destroyer Makarra [Ship]

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:38 pm

NarnKar wrote:Seems kind of arrogant to put your name in the thread title.

Nah, It kind of help distinguishes from other ships.

We already have another "Federation Destroyer" I believe and putting the name as a tag does help.
It is kinda common in these forums. Kinda. Especially when it's a popular ship idea.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:49 pm

I can't help but think the ship is flying in reverse with the engine nacelles flipped like that. :lol:

Although Makarra doesn't seem like the name of a bird or genus of one either. :D

But I should test it out and probably make a video of it. Because videos are worth a thousand words? Or they have a thousand words?
zuesman101

Postby zuesman101 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:31 am

stylesrj wrote:I can't help but think the ship is flying in reverse with the engine nacelles flipped like that. :lol:

Although Makarra doesn't seem like the name of a bird or genus of one either. :D

But I should test it out and probably make a video of it. Because videos are worth a thousand words? Or they have a thousand words?

I know its not a bird name, but before i realized it was a thing to name them after birds i created the escape pod, so i felt obligated to name it the makarra so my mods were lore friendly. If it bothers you you could rename it the phoenix because that was the other name i considered :D .

It would be great if you wanted to make a video.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:24 pm

to be honest this is not really a normal federation human construct and the naming system is only for the federation human.

(you think alien species that have no idea about human culture or history or earth would name there ship after worlds that semi resemble what makes them unique or what a thing looks like? Not all aliens talk english good like the Lanius)

So yea... if say you are a rebel, the naming scheme would be very different, you could name fed ships after male human names. name engi ship after female human names. then name lanius ships after the roman alphabete. etc.

But yea... just name it what ever you want it to be.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:59 pm

I was all set to make a video about this ship when I loaded up my game and there appears to be no hull. The images are all there and accounted for but they won't show up in-game.

It's not an issue with my game as other ship mods work... any advice? Am I downloading it from Google Drive the wrong way?
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:52 am

stylesrj wrote:I was all set to make a video about this ship when I loaded up my game and there appears to be no hull. The images are all there and accounted for but they won't show up in-game.

It's not an issue with my game as other ship mods work... any advice? Am I downloading it from Google Drive the wrong way?

The images are the wrong format. They are 8-bit instead of 32-bit.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.