Rebellion & Federation Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
agigabyte

Re: Rebellion & Federation Revamped

Postby agigabyte » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:05 pm

Yeah, I don't even remember which one that was. Sorry.
Manters

Postby Manters » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:37 pm

First mod Update done.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:21 am

Alright, so as suggested, I tried out this mod and recorded a session using the OP Federation Gunship.

http://youtu.be/-PVB5g5BoDY

A few things need to be changed. For example, there are plenty of open spots on the Gunship but nothing seems to fit in them - Cloaking, Hacking, Mind Control... you know, the good systems.

Secondly, I got an ion drone from an event and my game crashed.

Third, either give the Gunship 3 Weapons Slots or assign a 4th weapon slot somewhere.

Also, the Rebel Battlecruiser is backwards. The Kestrel's piloting room is in the middle of the ship (while tactically sound, there's still the matter of the cockpit) and several rooms of the ships need to have their images fixed so they fit the room in question. And that their terminals also fit over a computer station rather than be some odd glowing hologram.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:12 am

I also think there is a tad of a balance problem with these ships as well as to many augments and odd ship room layouts. lots of rooms going off the ship and such...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:31 pm

Mostly problems from my old incomplete mod.
Manters

Postby Manters » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:30 pm

Yes, A lot of problems are from Agigabyte's old mod. I'm trying to fix his judgement cruiser ATM, so balancing is mostly secondary, and I will take this review into account when preparing the next update. So, thanks for the review!
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:34 pm

Yeah, I think I was 11 when I started making this.

For the Fed corvette, I think the hull should be increased and the Glaive be replaced with a Pike and laser. I also think the weapon pre-igniter should be removed if you do that.

The battlecruisers should probably have a disclaimer in the mod description saying that they start with low power.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:08 pm

I'm reminded of another mod I once tried where someone made the "Crappy Stealth B into a god-like machine of war."
That one had issues. Lots of them. So many that I didn't even make a video because I lost my pilot early on and couldn't get a replacement in there (they also had it so that the back half of the ship wasn't connected and the doors to piloting were actually airlocks on one side).

So yeah, this mod needs a lot of work. More than just porting the ships over. I don't know what exactly though. To be honest, the Gunship was quite fine with the pre-igniter and Glaive Beam. Sure it meant it couldn't be touched in early sectors but it doesn't mean a thing once you reach the Flagship (although I probably would have survived if I had cloaking)
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:11 pm

They already said they would do that?
Manters

Postby Manters » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:24 pm

Yet another update released! But this one lays the foundation for the custom events and the complete retooling of the game.

Also, now Slipstream reads it :D