Slug Interceptor

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
NarnKar

Re: Slug Interceptor

Postby NarnKar » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:42 pm

Kiku wrote:
Furthermore, I also wish to make the following changes:

1) Replace the O2 System in the port-side room with Sensors.
2) Add Hacking System to the vacant starboard-side room.

According to your specifications, your ship wouldn't have any oxygen system. Are you sure that's what you want?

What sort of starting crew are you looking for?

Anyway--the mod you're asking for most likely doesn't exist yet, since there's so many ways to arrange a ship, its weapons, system layout, starting crew, etc. If you want to make it, the best way to do so is to get Superluminal (ship editor). You could start by making a ship from scratch, or loading a preexisting slug interceptor and then modifying it--however, I think the difficulty of both options is about the same.

Vanguard of Valor has a Superluminal tutorial here. Though the video is a little outdated, it should still be relatively accurate.

Last, it wouldn't be too much trouble for an experienced modder to make those changes for you, especially if you ask nicely. Unfortunately, I've forgotten basically everything except a highly general overview of ship modding, and it would take me a while to relearn everything, whoops. :P
Kiku

Re: Slug Interceptor

Postby Kiku » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:49 am

NarnKar wrote:According to your specifications, your ship wouldn't have any oxygen system. Are you sure that's what you want?

What sort of starting crew are you looking for?

Starting crew = Laniu. They're anaerobic, so they don't require O2.
Having no atmosphere also means I don't have to deal with fires breaking out inside the ship.
Lanes can be added easily with FTL Profile Editor v25.

NarnKar wrote:You could start by making a ship from scratch, or loading a preexisting slug interceptor and then modifying it--however, I think the difficulty of both options is about the same.

The Pirate Interceptor layout already exists in-game as an AI ship. I just need to convert it to a playable ship with the two said rooms swapped out in functionality, something that should be very easy to do for experienced modders which I am not.

NarnKar wrote:Vanguard of Valor has a Superluminal tutorial here. Though the video is a little outdated, it should still be relatively accurate.

Last, it wouldn't be too much trouble for an experienced modder to make those changes for you, especially if you ask nicely. Unfortunately, I've forgotten basically everything except a highly general overview of ship modding, and it would take me a while to relearn everything, whoops. :P

Thank you for the link. I will check out the video now.