Superluminal custom ships (accepting requests)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Fergulous

Re: Superluminal custom ships (accepting requests)

Postby Fergulous » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:57 am

Could you perhaps make the basic federation ships, like the Federation Bomber and the Federation Scout?

I would prefer if they replaced the Slug ship and the Mantis ship. The crew should be 3 humans on either ship. The federation Bomber should have the same power and systems as the Kestrel, and the Scout should have cloaking, two dual lasers, and a pike beam or mini beam.
mracefish

Postby mracefish » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:40 pm

mracefish wrote:
Adhoc wrote:The download links seem to be removed.

Any chance for a fresh link?

Sure thing, I'll do that later tonight.
Thought this whole thread was dead to be honest...

finally got round to fixing the link, sorry it took me so long, just been busy with exams
mracefish

Postby mracefish » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:28 pm

stylesrj wrote:
race9000 wrote:Another Idea, do you think you could make the Monado 1 or 2 from Xenoblade?

Heh, I had the same idea for a custom ship. Because the Monado would make an awesome ship (Buster Artillery!)
Although nowadays I'm thinking of Melia's Empress Staff or something so I can shout "Summon Bolt!" constantly when I fire an ion cannon or "Star searing blaze of absolution!" for a firebomb.

DONE :)

Hope you like it guys. I had to compact it just because the blade was too long for the game, and I tried to make it as nostalgic as described by stylesrj because I haven't played the games.

LINK: http://www.filedropper.com/monado1

If you want me to make any alterations or tweaks, or hey if it's just a bit shit for your liking, let me know and I'll do what I can.
Fergulous

Postby Fergulous » Sun May 03, 2015 2:39 am

Also, could you perhaps make a kestrel with the same color scheme as the Federation B?
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Sun May 03, 2015 3:23 am

Are you available for making ships part/full-time? I would love if you could be a part of my mod team. Here's a list of hulls. If you're interested, just go wild with whatever you think fits.
L'cie

Postby L'cie » Fri May 15, 2015 6:41 am

Hi, I would like to make a request; the UNSC Forward Unto Dawn and/or Mantle's Approach (Didact's ship in halo 4). I don't care about them being overpowered (infact, mantles approach would probably be accurate if it were over powered), but could they be done in the ftl art style. If you do the Dawn could it have only missile weapons, and Mantles approach only lasers, also make it replace engi cruisers.
Here are halopedia entries if you need stats or anything
<http://www.halopedia.org/Mantles_Approach>
<http://www.halopedia.org/Forward_Unto_Dawn>
Thanks, L'cie
evitherator

Postby evitherator » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:38 pm

I have been thinking about a trading vessel. Very limited weapons and systems but starts with rare/moderate trade goods and perhaps a scrap recovery arm? The disadvantage would be early game. But you would no longer bypass stores when you have nothing to trade. Maybe a second system that eliminates the time spent offloading the goods? I'm picturing a cargo layout, everything smashed into a square. Not sure. Something to counteract the massive scrap advantage. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts...on this thought.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:05 pm

evitherator wrote:I have been thinking about a trading vessel. Very limited weapons and systems but starts with rare/moderate trade goods and perhaps a scrap recovery arm? The disadvantage would be early game. But you would no longer bypass stores when you have nothing to trade. Maybe a second system that eliminates the time spent offloading the goods? I'm picturing a cargo layout, everything smashed into a square. Not sure. Something to counteract the massive scrap advantage. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts...on this thought.

That sounds like a great idea for a ship. Clustered rooms, perhaps a Burst Laser or a Dual Laser for a weapon and it has a Scrap Recovery Arm, Cargo Teleporter and some CE Trade Goods. Of course it'd only work in Captain's Edition though.

I know A Strange New Galaxy has some interesting gimmick ships like a cargo vessel repurposed for war, a space research station with no guns and an FTL drive, etc.
evitherator

Postby evitherator » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:33 am

stylesrj wrote:That sounds like a great idea for a ship. Clustered rooms, perhaps a Burst Laser or a Dual Laser for a weapon and it has a Scrap Recovery Arm, Cargo Teleporter and some CE Trade Goods. Of course it'd only work in Captain's Edition though.

I know A Strange New Galaxy has some interesting gimmick ships like a cargo vessel repurposed for war, a space research station with no guns and an FTL drive, etc.

Yes! Thanks for the response! I know it would only be able to work in CE but I like the idea of gradually turning "The Cornucopia of Excellent Goods at Low Prices" into a tricked out war machine with the right run. I'm thinking at least one slug crewmember (or all of them) for cheating and mind control options. the only issue is that the layout of augmentations and cargo space is something that ?should? be messed with. It would fit for the theme to have 6 slots for the cargo hold but it wouldn't make sense from a players standpoint. Rarely have I ever been overloaded with cargo. The augmentations you listed would be perfect although it means you are full, unless there were 4 slots. But maybe that would be where the challenge/balance would lie. That you would give up your scrap makin stuff for something beneficial in combat as you go.

I have not messed with modding, but If someone were to make a preliminary ship (just a layout) I would be more than happy to test it. I put a lot of time into this game and I would be very interested to help create something lasting and memorable.
Turbo_Scrooge

Postby Turbo_Scrooge » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:05 pm

Id like a long rebel ship, black with teal pirate markings (like the one from CE but teal, not red)
I goof off on superluminal. If I make something cool, the I post it.