Superluminal custom ships (accepting requests)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Peejayyeh

Re: Superluminal custom ships (accepting requests)

Postby Peejayyeh » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:32 am

Hi! I am just new here! :D

I would like to request The Helicarrier from the movie Avengers by Marvel Studios. Or the much better version from Captain America the Winter Soldier.
That would be so awesome! ;)

Thanks! :)
deathslayer2481

Postby deathslayer2481 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:41 am

I am new to the forums and would like to make a request if I am allowed. My request is some sort of ship with its main gimmick is that it has only one slot for weapons, the weapons are not upgrade-able from the start, and you start with a gun that acts like a vulcan, takes longer to fire, but after firing the first time fires every once every second. This would cause a sort of play style with trying to survive until the weapon can actually fire, and then barraging the enemy until they are completely ripped apart. hacking would be your biggest danger because if your weapons system is hacked you will be completely and utterly doomed unless you can escape. a way to make this less of a threat is to use a defense drone, whether normal or customized. It could have artillery as a back up plan in case its weapon is completely eliminated from being able to be used, like if it was hacked. It most likely would need to be piloted by a combination of engi and mantis, or have easily accessible airlocks and powerful doors/crystal crew. I am not sure what the limitations of supernatural are, but this is just an idea, you certainly don't need to make a ship like this, I simply think it would be a cool ship to play. I hope you do consider my idea, even if it may be ludicrous.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:02 pm

deathslayer2481 wrote:I am new to the forums and would like to make a request if I am allowed. My request is some sort of ship with its main gimmick is that it has only one slot for weapons, the weapons are not upgrade-able from the start, and you start with a gun that acts like a vulcan, takes longer to fire, but after firing the first time fires every once every second. This would cause a sort of play style with trying to survive until the weapon can actually fire, and then barraging the enemy until they are completely ripped apart.

Definitely possible in Superluminal, though you'd have to do the weapon modding by hand, it's not that hard. One of my mods does something similar.
Kiku

Postby Kiku » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:42 am

Hi. I am really clueless when it comes to modding so I am wondering if one of you kind souls would be nice enough to make me a simple mod for me.

I am currently using a mod that allows me to pilot a slug interceptor (the 5 room version).
In-game, there is another version that looks similar, but with 6 rooms version instead of 5. It is this 6-room version I wish to pilot.

------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the image of interceptors:

The version I want is the ship on the right.
------------------------------------------------------------

The 6-room version layout is already in-game, but exists as an AI ship only. I just need someone to mod it into a playable ship and make the following changes:

1) Replace the O2 System in the port-side room with Sensors.
2) Add Hacking System to the vacant starboard-side room.

I wish I could do this myself. Unfortunately, my modding skill is ... practically nonexistent.
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:26 am

Kiku wrote:In-game, there is another version that looks similar, but with 6 rooms version instead of 5. It is this 6-room version I wish to pilot.

So, I've made a Slug Interceptor ship specifically for you, I have DM'ed you the download link, please check your private messages,

If anyone else wants this, here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fwd7hica9 ... ceptor.ftl
Discord: ATLAS#9226
Kiku

Postby Kiku » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:47 am

Wow, it works! And the custom Ion Laser II is awesome! Thank you, Arfy!!! I really appreciate this! :D
GoodGuy

Postby GoodGuy » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:56 pm

Is this thread closed? I noticed that no one has posted in years. I have a request, but don't know where to post it.
Gorai

Postby Gorai » Wed May 20, 2020 8:30 pm

Hi,

since the links seem to be dead for quite some time now: does anyone know where you can still get the "Balanced Pirate Flagship"? Or could somene who still has it upload it somewhere? Would be much appreciated. :)