[SHIP] The Apeirohedron

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3644
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [SHIP] The Apeirohedron

Postby stylesrj » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:10 am

I don't know if the gun is overpowered or just about right... but judging by how long this video I made about a run with the ship, I think it's awesome.

http://youtu.be/yizXsRjXql8
User avatar
NarnKar
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:24 pm
Location: this forum
Contact:

Re: [SHIP] The Apeirohedron

Postby NarnKar » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:01 am

DinosaurDino wrote:So is this a thing with this ship, that it gives you OP weapons by the end of the 4 sector?
It gave me a vulcan, charge inon, halberd beam, a flak mk 2, 1x def drone mk2 and 2x def drones mk 1 (I sold the mk 1).
I also had the opportunity to buy a hvy laser mk 2 (which i did) .


Interesting. I think it really is a thing. VoV got a Weapon Preigniter from a random event and bought a Halberd Beam to go with it, and at one point he did see a Charge Ion at a store.
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3644
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [SHIP] The Apeirohedron

Postby stylesrj » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:33 am

NarnKar wrote:
Interesting. I think it really is a thing. VoV got a Weapon Preigniter from a random event and bought a Halberd Beam to go with it, and at one point he did see a Charge Ion at a store.


My video says otherwise. I had a pretty terrible spread of weapons up until the Last Stand where I got my Flak I and a Small Bomb. And I don't normally use Bombs!

Either that or I didn't have the scrap to buy anything good as I was so dangerously low on hull for about 10 minutes midway through.
User avatar
DinosaurDino
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Re: [SHIP] The Apeirohedron

Postby DinosaurDino » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:33 am

stylesrj wrote:
DinosaurDino wrote:So is this a thing with this ship, that it gives you OP weapons by the end of the 4 sector?
It gave me a vulcan, charge inon, halberd beam, a flak mk 2, 1x def drone mk2 and 2x def drones mk 1 (I sold the mk 1).
I also had the opportunity to buy a hvy laser mk 2 (which i did) .


Obviously you had a good RNG. Although I question those weapons you say are OP (unless you got a pre-igniter)


The weapons were OP for me as I had lvl 1 shield and lvl 3 engines.
User avatar
NarnKar
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:24 pm
Location: this forum
Contact:

Re: [SHIP] The Apeirohedron

Postby NarnKar » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:04 am

@stylesrj added your playthrough to the original post. (I must say, I never expected to have a videos section on my mods...)
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3644
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [SHIP] The Apeirohedron

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:51 am

NarnKar wrote:@stylesrj added your playthrough to the original post. (I must say, I never expected to have a videos section on my mods...)


Well I never expected to make videos :lol:
User avatar
NarnKar
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:24 pm
Location: this forum
Contact:

Re: [SHIP] The Apeirohedron

Postby NarnKar » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Image

A Type-B hull!

...that is slightly less red than I intended it to be. Huh, oh well :/

I'll probably never use this. I made a mod for it, a Type-B of the Drone Artillery ships, with a Beam Drone for artillery. But I never found that interesting enough to release, so I just never bothered. It's sitting in my workbench, complete, but unseen.
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3644
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [SHIP] The Apeirohedron

Postby stylesrj » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:40 pm

Hey a quick-firing artillery might be quite good actually. So long as you have a means of taking down shields.

I like the hull design though either way.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests