[Ship/Conversion] Faster Than Christmas!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: [Ship/Conversion] Faster Than Christmas!

Postby stylesrj » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:12 am

BrenTenkage wrote:
Oh see I didn't know how the presents worked, it confused me

I was literally screaming on the inside "Take the presents!"
Just don't sell them or you'll lose scrap in the process. Or don't exactly know. If the selling price is half of buying, does that mean you'll still make a profit?

Gencool wrote:The new mod's designed to be as compatible as possible:- all events handled through crew rather than ship/equipment.
Just put the replacement ship after FTXmas in the load order (the Tinstrel uses the same ship slot as Sleigher)

I found the game likes to crash every time I use it with CE infinite. Maybe I haven't downloaded all the patches though as it clearly says in the OP if I am to use Captain's Edition.
It certainly wasn't Santa's Flagship that was causing the problem.

Speaking of presents, do you mind if I use your Christmas Presents (or just the sprites) as an option for Santa's Flagship? So instead of opening the presents and acquiring guns, you acquire presents... which are like guns but can be sold at stores for guns :lol:
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:17 am

stylesrj wrote:
BrenTenkage wrote:
Oh see I didn't know how the presents worked, it confused me

I was literally screaming on the inside "Take the presents!"
Just don't sell them or you'll lose scrap in the process. Or don't exactly know. If the selling price is half of buying, does that mean you'll still make a profit?

Gencool wrote:The new mod's designed to be as compatible as possible:- all events handled through crew rather than ship/equipment.
Just put the replacement ship after FTXmas in the load order (the Tinstrel uses the same ship slot as Sleigher)

I found the game likes to crash every time I use it with CE infinite. Maybe I haven't downloaded all the patches though as it clearly says in the OP if I am to use Captain's Edition.
It certainly wasn't Santa's Flagship that was causing the problem.

Speaking of presents, do you mind if I use your Christmas Presents (or just the sprites) as an option for Santa's Flagship? So instead of opening the presents and acquiring guns, you acquire presents... which are like guns but can be sold at stores for guns :lol:

If you are able let me know so I can play the latest version ok ^_^
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:41 am

FTXMas crashes infinite? Not sure why that would be (other than it picks up and edits every engi option which maaaay be a lot in 'infinite')
I'l double check when I'm next at the PC

Also sure, go ahead with the gifts.
They were originally a flack attack, so each present size uses one sheet for all colour variants, and the anims only call 1 frame of the sheet. They also have a minus charge time so they can never be fired.

The current gifts /do/ sell for half price so you make a net profit, plus when you have a full inventory they can be dumped for free if you find a new weapon/drone. I was working on some events that let you give them to people in distress rather than actual resources, too...
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:04 pm

Looked into it, I have no problem running infinite with FTXmas. I havn't tested it rigorously, though (pushed for time at the moment), so let me know where the bug's happening for you.

Also, v005 - put some more use in the gifts (I think they have to be equipped to be used in their events, and they're not *so8 useful that you should prioritize them, but if you've nothing better in your inventory they won't be such a hinderance)
ImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:23 pm

Looked into it, I have no problem running infinite with FTXmas. I havn't tested it rigorously, though (pushed for time at the moment), so let me know where the bug's happening for you.

I might be using an outdated version (002). When I watched Bren's video there were some Elf events I don't recall seeing before.
I guess I'm way behind on my updates since it's up to 005. :lol:
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:35 pm

Heh, there's actually not *much* difference between 2 and 5...

There were originally about 17 different outcomes for the ship thing (each with 5 or 6 different flavour texts) plus 2 options for each of the 3 stages of the Boss fight (each with 3-4 outcomes), and 4 or 5 additional outcomes to existing unique events. There's also about 15 different 'social' events if you use CE (some of which then go on to have multiple outcomes themselves), a few hidden 'easter eggs' scattered around the place, and the twenty-odd sound files.
Considering that the escape thing isn't always triggered, the rarity of the unique events, and the fact that my writing is so awfully confusing, I'm pretty sure you could go through a couple of play throughs and still not see it all (which is why having the Tinstrel is awesome!)

The updates since then have mostly been bug fixing, such as making sure certain events trigger propperly, correcting spelling mistakes or tweaking gameplay. I've only added about 8 new events/outcomes (inclduing the Clonebay's 50% revival rate) and one or two more easter-eggs, it's just that I prefer to update with new numbers rather than overwrite old files because it means you don't get conflicting files floating around.

So yeah, lots of stuff to explore. And I still havn't gotten around to putting Santa options yet, either =P
ImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:33 pm

I was just thinking about more Christmas sprites and I thought "Why not replace Rocks with Frosty the Snowman?" because we all know snowmen are good and evil.
Then I remembered that Rocks are immune to fire, and Snowmen... are not.
I then thought "What if the snowmen are so cold they take out fires while being immune" then I thought "Lanius."

So now I guess my crazy idea is this: The O2 system can be replaced with a picture of fire or a pile of coals to indicate heat and instead of "No O2" warning, the rooms can be light blue (if that's indeed possible) and have snowflakes indicating "Cold" when it's too frostbitingly chilly for anyone to be there.

Tis the season to enjoy all that warm goodness. :lol:
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:29 pm

All I have to say to that is - hehhehhehhehheh *bides time*

Also, loving Bren's vids, as he seems to have way more luck with running into bugged events than I do!
v006 is up, and hopefully the last one for a while (I'm currently ill which is my excuse for all the updates today)
ImageImageImage
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:01 pm

Gencool wrote:Awhhmaan did I misspell Flagship somewhere?

Flagship :
1. a ship carrying the flag officer or the commander of a fleet, squadron, or the like, and displaying the officer's flag.
2. the main vessel of a shipping line.
3. any of the best or largest ships or airplanes operated by a passenger line.
4. the best or most important one of a group or system: This store is the flagship of our retail chain.

Was making a pun referring to the meanings 1 and 4. :ugeek:
Maybe 1 and 2 or 2 and 4? I'm confused myself now...

Get well soon !
Battling a cold myself...
Makes for great content. Having to mute the mic every few minutes for a sneeze. :lol:
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:08 pm

I know this is a bit late, but ummm... Santa doesn't have a ranged attack. It looks like he's waving his lantern at the enemy and... no damage occurs? Bug or feature? Is he meant to be just close quarters?

Also, if you have an Elf on your team and the ship tries to escape, some of the events don't allow you to say "Nah, I'd rather keep my elf alive this time. I've got the ship handled!"

As in you're forced to use the elf and risk losing them. There needs to be a <choice hidden="true"><text>Continue</text> <event /></choice> option as well.