[VisualMod] Crew Diversity (Crew'D) v001

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
AugustDrake

Re: [VisualMod] Crew Diversity (CrewD) v001

Postby AugustDrake » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:44 am

I tried this and it's AMAZING. I would love a CE-compatible version. This is just great.

I wound up rooting around and saw the beta version of your vines. This is just fantastic.
Snow Job

Postby Snow Job » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:40 am

I really enjoy this mod, but wish the crew images in the upper left corner of the screen didn't have those yellow selection rings on them. They're very grating.
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:52 pm

Unfortunatly, that's part of the limitations of the engine; for whatever reason, the crew list uses the Idle animation rather than the portrait animation, meaning there's no way to get rid of the disc without it effecting the characters in the ship.

Even more annoyingly, the idle animation is hardcoded to be the first frame of the walk-down animation, which is why the Zoltan is completely static when stood still (given the chance, i'd have them bobbing up and down slightly).

Very glad you like it otherwise, though!

Also, regarding CE: I'm not 100% sure on how compatible it is, as I havn't tested it.
The mod overwrites the crew sprites, the crew blueprints, the crew animations, and nothing else as far as I can remember. Mostly this will effect anything else related to crew sprites/animations (i.e. crew portraits) and the cost/descriptions of races (so if there's been a cost/rarity, it will be re-set to vanilla values)

If people want to try it with CE (and any other mods) then please let me know your results.
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
Tycholarfero

Re: [VisualMod] Crew Diversity (Crew'D) v001

Postby Tycholarfero » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:45 am

Registered to let folks know that the mod is CE compatible. Everything seems to work as it should. To be on the safe side, found out that if you don't want the crew portrait sprites to look wonky, you have to activate the Vanilla Portraits patch that comes with CE. And most importantly, if you want this to work flawlessly, don't put it on the top of your load order, but rather at the very bottom. Found out this also works with the Extended Pursuit Indicator. So just set whatever UI overwriting mods you have at the bottom of your load order, and things will be good to go!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:03 pm

I feel like this mod is grossly undersold right now. The degree of detail the crew can have with this is astonishing and the OP does not really reflect this right now. Slugs alone can have an incredible range of appearances.

Some generall feedback:
- Slug suits are purely awsome.
- So are all the hair colors humans can have.
- Rock body variants: Big fan of those
- Rock plant growth seems like a great idea. Wonder if that will be completed at some point. I can see that it is tedious to make though.
- Colors are a little glaring sometimes
- Glowing Engi eyes, seems like the mist natural thing to me now, why did I never think of that?
- Mantis accessories (armor ?) looks a little off. If that is supposed to be armor it could maybe be bigger and get more jagged edges? Not sure if that works.
- You already mentioned the issues with the Zoltan, but the clothed ones still look fantastic. I had a purple ones with black clothes, it looked like the most dangerous Zoltan you can imagine

Edit
I actually wonder again if crew selection indicators are really necessary at all. The crew sprite gets tinted green upon selection anyway. And I think seeing that hostiles will always have differently colored health bars, which might be enough to distinguish them?
4DaDiamonds

Postby 4DaDiamonds » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:08 am

Although I tend to prefer the original styles for races and what-not, I absolutely LOVED the amount of customization of the hair, skin and clothing types for the humans in this mod! :D
I really liked this mod, but do you think you could have a separate release for just this feature? I'm not a big fan of your selection icon and the alternate styles for the races, as I tend to prefer the vanilla ones :)

Thanks in advance!
- 4DaDiamonds

[EDIT:] On second glance, I actually love the amount of colour options for the other races too! Would it be possible to make a pack without the differing bodytypes (They all use vanilla '_base' files?), rather than my previous request?
I'm not great at phrasing things, so if this seems a little weird, just say :)
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:21 pm

I have CE with Endless Loot running, and I installed Crew'D after it.

I think these guys are looking a little...off.
meev991

Postby meev991 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:07 pm

the human crew portraits are the only ones that are really wonky. Doesn't affect me a much as...I don't use human crew at all.
Dalenacio

Postby Dalenacio » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:26 pm

This is really cool! Not only does it let you keep track of fights (Thank God for that! Do you have any idea how confused fights can get when you use a 4-man teleporter!?), but now I can feel the amazing power emanating from the Zoltans as I send them to their death as my expendable cloned suicide bombers.
LoveAndKrieg

Postby LoveAndKrieg » Sat May 09, 2015 6:02 pm

A way you could make this completely CE compatible is if you made a patch where it removed the disks. Currently the different characters can be customized completely but the disks will disappear with certain species. I don't play FTL without Captain's Edition so it would be much appreciated if you could make a patch with no disks. :)