Extended Pursuit Indicator x2/x3/x5/x24

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Snow Job

Re: Extended Pursuit Indicator x2/x3/x5/x24

Postby Snow Job » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am

Welp, definitely using this. No more getting screwed out of a jump or caught by rebels when my estimates aren't pixel-perfect. Thanks a bunch!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:56 am

5thHorseman wrote:I made what I consider to be a big improvement to the "24" image. I'm not ready just yet to release but here's a taste:

Sweet! I'd consider using the FTL font for the numbers and coloring them like the rings.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:39 am

Sweet! I'd consider using the FTL font for the numbers and coloring them like the rings.[/quote]

I'll see if I can find a similar font but as for the color, the rings are way too dim. I couldn't actually read the numbers. :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:18 am

This one is pretty similar, but you can also extract the game font from the game itself. Its stored as usable font files.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:10 pm

Check out 5th Horseman's newest video. His numbers turned out really awesome. I don't care that their not in the FTL font, they look cool because they look like they're being generated by your holographic map... Or something like that. They look like they belong.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:16 am

Russian Rockman wrote:Check out 5th Horseman's newest video. His numbers turned out really awesome. I don't care that their not in the FTL font, they look cool because they look like they're being generated by your holographic map... Or something like that. They look like they belong.

Haha quit making me change my mind! :D

The big problem with that font is that I can't make the numbers smaller than they are or you lose the horizontal lines. Maybe I'll make a version with them anyway though.

I personally prefer the smaller, more "boring" numbers because that way there's no chance they'll cover a star or hide some important information.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:47 pm

I've got a fleet pursuit indicator with numbers, very similar to the image I posted but with the font from the game exe (Not included, just used in the image)

It only goes up to 20 (though the lines still go up to 24 as in the x24 image included in the first post). I just took that image and added the numbers.

As this is not a creation of mine and instead is an amalgamation of FTL's and Sleeper Service's original stuff, I don't know if it deserves its own thread. SS, if you'd like to put this in your first post feel free, otherwise I'll make a post about it later.

Fleet Pursuit Indicator With Numbers
NOTE: If you have trouble downloading this, right click and "save as" instead of just clicking!
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:53 pm

Sweet. I took the liberty of make some small modifications (number colors and transparency) and added it to the OP.
Download Extended Pursuit Indicator x24 with numbers v.1.0
Adds 25 very subliminal rings to the fleet pursuit indicator, showing you where the fleet will be after pretty much any amount of regular jumps unless you are using mods that heavily delay the fleet. Also features numbering added by 5thHorseman. Install with Slipstream Mod Manager. Best loaded after any other mods you might be using.
KarlssoNN

Postby KarlssoNN » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:45 am

Seems as though Extended Pursuit Indicator x24 with numbers is no longer working for me. Using game version 1.6.2.

Mod list:
Better Planets and Backgrounds
CE Resource Pack
FTL Captain's Edition
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch
CE Additional Music Addon
EL Texture Pack
CE Endless Loot Addon standard CE
CE Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon
Extended Pursuit Indicator x24 with numbers
Random Flagship
Rand-[trel/orus/asio/wark/a Monster/prey]
Expanded Enemy Window 1.2

Vhati had this to post when i mentioned it in his Slipstream thread:

"It sounds like you're saying a mod that had been made for FTL 1.5.13... isn't working on FTL 1.6.2?

*clickety-click*

Confirmed. That is the case.
SMM 1.9 can still successfully apply that mod to FTL 1.5.13.
SMM 1.9 w/ FTL 1.6.2 shows no visible changes.

That mod only contains one file ("img/ipad/map/map_warningcircle_point.png"). Vanilla FTL 1.6.2 no longer has such a file, so the result is you're modding something the game isn't paying attention to - hence no effect.

Not my fault. :D You should reply to the author's thread about releasing a variant specifically for FTL 1.6.2."

Thanks for your fine service!!! Having lots of fun with all your mods!!!
MantisManMike

Postby MantisManMike » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:09 pm

I made a version of this mod that works with FTL 1.6.1+.

I just changed the image file location. All credit to 5thHorseman & Sleeper Service.

Download: Extended Pursuit Indicator x24 v1.1 (for FTL 1.6.1+)