Twinge's Balance & Bugfix Mod

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Twinge

Re: Twinge's Balance & Bugfix Mod

Postby Twinge » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:10 am

bamalf wrote:
Twinge wrote:* FTL Jammer effect up to 300%.

It does not work anyway :roll:

This did inspire me to test it out. FTL Jammer DOES work - but it's hard-coded at doubling their FTL charge it would appear; the 'value' setting for it doesn't seem to actually do anything. Welp.

Guess that leaves me with the consideration of giving it some interesting blue options (or even strong-arming more than double escape timer via blue options) or possibly removing it from the game. Hmmm...
FTL Tips & Tricks Video Series

Catch my stream on Twitch

Improve game balance, fix bugs, and have more decisions: Twinge's Balance & Bugfix Mod
Twinge

Postby Twinge » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:00 pm

Suppose I should post that the mod's been updated a few times - we're on v2.6.4 now. As usual the best place to check for the current version is the wiki.

Most recently I gave the Easy-difficulty Flagship only Level 4 Engines during Phase 3 (instead of L6) and further reduced the prices of some of the weaker augments.

Improve game balance, fix bugs, and have more decisions: Twinge's Balance & Bugfix Mod
Twinge

Postby Twinge » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:06 am

Updated to 2.7.0.

Drones upgrades cheaper; Flak1 less accurate; Fewer dead jumps in Mantis & Abandoned; Stun Bomb, Heal B., & Repair B. cooldowns further reduced; Further reduced free crew; Hull Rep. -10; Mantis -5; LRS +5; Hermes -5; Adv. O2/Medical cheaper.

Probably won't be updated again until after official FTL update and I rewrite the mod to fit.

MantisManMike

Postby MantisManMike » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:00 pm

Good changes. :)

You didn't mention the biggest change though: hacking is now even more expensive (125 / 55 / 60)! This is painful but probably correct.

I'm starting a win streak with 2.7. Let's see how much the hacking price hurts. ;)