[Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.1.3

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:45 pm

Quick fix... Something I'll have to address on my next recording.
Still going to finish the run though ;)
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
rannl

Postby rannl » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:59 pm

Biohazard063 wrote:Quick fix... Something I'll have to address on my next recording.
Still going to finish the run though ;)

Enjoy you uber slow but heavy hitting arti gun :lol:
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:01 am

I am not sure if something has changed in the code or if I just got extremely lucky/unlucky, but today when I randomized all of my ships at least 2/3 of the ships had the same hull image for 2 of their types, which never happened to me before. :lol: For example, the Lanius ship had the exact same hull image for its A & B layout and the Zoltan ship had the same hull image for its A & C layout. You don't really need anything in place to prevent two ship types for choosing the same crew or weapon configuration because that is unlikely, but since the layout and hull image pools are a bit smaller maybe there does need to be something in place to make sure two types aren't the same.

EDIT: I also just realized that with v1.1.3 the file location is not getting saved. It will still say the right location when you open up the UI, but if you go back later and rebuild the flagship again the mod will be generated in the default location.

Also, today I was had the privilege of also playing a Lanius ship without oxygen, though I wasn't able to get mind control and pull off the reverse boarding/abduction strategy. However I did come across the event where a civilian ship is out of oxygen and you can dock and flood their ship with oxygen to help them out. :lol: Somehow I was still able to help the, without an actual oxygen system.

Anyway, I think for ACE the Lanius should probably have a high possibility of getting the Requisition License augment, I found it hard not to kill everyone mercilessly for their scrap as a Lanius ship with no oxygen.
rannl

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.2.0

Postby rannl » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:49 pm

You raised some good points there, RR. I took my time thinking about build uniqueness, and finally came to the conclusion that you are absolutly right.
Each ship build should be unique, with its own hull and layout, so I did just that in this release,
along with a few other bug fixes (like the save path bug).

I expect I'll also be done with the arti weapons for CE soon. Then I'll do some tweeking to the augments (along with that requested requisition license).
As for that O2 event, I'm not sure about manipulating CEs events. I'll think about it, maybe ask Sleepy what he thinks.

Changelog 1.2.0:
* Randomized hulls and layouts will be unique for each ship slot (A/B/C unique builds).
* Fixed bug in save path location, now sace path will be stored and used correctly.
* Fixed duplication in engi layouts (3 and 6 were the same layout, now they are different layouts).
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:44 am

Wow that was fast rannl! Thanks.

You don't have to manipulate CE events or any other events, that would make everything way to complicated and lead to possible compatibility problems. I was just pointing out the oxygen thing because it was funny. :lol: But it wasn't something that you need to change.

By the way, I hope you had a great holiday.
rannl

Postby rannl » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:07 am

Russian Rockman wrote:Wow that was fast rannl! Thanks.

You don't have to manipulate CE events or any other events, that would make everything way to complicated and lead to possible compatibility problems. I was just pointing out the oxygen thing because it was funny. :lol: But it wasn't something that you need to change.

By the way, I hope you had a great holiday.

It might seem like I only take the literal meaning of your comments RR, but that's only because after I'm done smiling I take the time to think if there might actually be some merit to your ideas. And in most cases there is.

If by a great holiday you mean going to work as usual, then yeah, my holiday was/is fantastic ;).
How was yours ?
rannl

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Postby rannl » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Released an update with full support of CE's arti weapons.
Note that for ships with several different arti weapons, a random arti weapon is selected for each random ship (so the rock ships, for example, can have either the plasma or the flak missile weapons).

I changed the arti weapon position for some ships, in order to support a single weapon hard point for all possible arti weapons (specifically the rock and mantis ships).

Enjoy!
FoldedDice

Postby FoldedDice » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:52 am

Maybe someone can help me with this. I've been struggling to get the randomizer to run alongside Captain's Edition, but nothing I try seems to work. Captain's Edition works just fine and if I run the randomizer with just vanilla and itself it works as well. However, if I try to combine both mods, all that happens is that the game hangs on the loading screen and then shuts down with a generic runtime error (with no text).

Does anyone know what might be happening? I have the most recent version of both mods and I followed the instructions about load order from over in the Captain's Edition thread, so I have no idea what the problem might be.
rannl

Postby rannl » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:03 am

I'm assuming you load the randtrel mod last ?
Can you send me the randtrel .ftl file you tried patching in ?
FoldedDice

Postby FoldedDice » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:43 pm

I'm on my iPad at the moment, but I should have a chance to send the file to you later on today. What's the best method to use for sending it?

And yes, I do have it set to load last. The only other mod I'm using besides Captain's Edition is the flagship randomizer (which isn't giving me this problem). I had that one disabled while I was trying to troubleshoot Randtrel, anyway.