[Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
rannl

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel/Randorus v0.5

Postby rannl » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:24 am

kartoFlane wrote:I've got a prototype ready, right now I'm working on adding rounded corners and indentations for where airlocks are supposed to go. The corner part is giving me some trouble -- I could use default function to draw rounded rectangles, but the results it produces are somewhat underwhelming... So for now I'm messing with graphs in order to construct the layout's outline and draw the corners semi-manually.

Good to hear KF. I'm impressed by Superluminal, it's very well done.

NarnKar wrote:I can't run EL consistently, and I know plenty of other people can't. Will your player ship randomizer require the EL library, or can it be operated independently of the standard EL mod?

Russian Rockman wrote:That sounds like a feature many people would like...

;) I would also VERY MUCH like access to that procedural generation tool that EL uses. I would like to try playing around with the prefixes myself... I thought it was going to be released to the public eventually. :roll:

Well, I was thinking that EL support would require installing the EL mod. It doesn't make any sense storing all the EL files (images + sounds) in the randomizing tool, just so it could select a few weapons and place their specific files in the random ship .ftl files.

I'll try to think of some solution to this issue, at best it seems like I could add a separate download for an asset directory for EL weapons, which would be copied into the randomizing tool asset directory.... but this will make usage a little more complicated....

RR, I'll PM you with a link to the weapon generation tool later today.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:13 am

rannl wrote:Well, I was thinking that EL support would require installing the EL mod. It doesn't make any sense storing all the EL files (images + sounds) in the randomizing tool, just so it could select a few weapons and place their specific files in the random ship .ftl files.

I'll try to think of some solution to this issue, at best it seems like I could add a separate download for an asset directory for EL weapons, which would be copied into the randomizing tool asset directory.... but this will make usage a little more complicated....

I think that in order to have EL support you would need to have EL installed separately. It really doesn't make any sense and...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG THANKS SO MUCH!!! :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :geek: :geek:
Pandemoneus

Postby Pandemoneus » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:43 am

Russian Rockman wrote:
rannl wrote:Well, I was thinking that EL support would require installing the EL mod. It doesn't make any sense storing all the EL files (images + sounds) in the randomizing tool, just so it could select a few weapons and place their specific files in the random ship .ftl files.

I think that in order to have EL support you would need to have EL installed separately. It really doesn't make any sense and...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG THANKS SO MUCH!!! :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :geek: :geek:

I am also interested. ;)
rannl

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel/Randorus v0.51

Postby rannl » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Released new version. I've added support for using different room images, and added a few more layouts.

I'm thinking of adding another ship to the pool, any ideas on which one should be next ?

Changelog 0.51:
* Added new layouts for the randtrel and randorus.
* Added supoort for using different images for rooms.
* Minor updates to randorus weapon pool.
* Added more system configurations for the randorus.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:00 pm

Stealth cruiser, perhaps?
Estel

Postby Estel » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:42 am

You guys are rolling mods so quickly, that I can't even test them all on time! How dare you? ;)

Thanks a lot. It's really amazing to see what FTL modding is starting to achieve. Mixed with CE, flagship randomizer, and now ship randomizer (which, as it seems, will cover all vanilla ships, at some point), it really looks like Community's next free expansion pack, even bigger than AE itself was.

/Estel
rannl

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel/Randorus/Randasio v0.6

Postby rannl » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Released version 0.6, with a new randomized ship - the Randasio, based on the stealth A.
(NarnKar, this is for you).

I've tried to use assets representing the B and C builds as well, along with an experimental build I think might be interesting - the fast strike build.
This is a stealth build without cloaking, with 4 weapon slots and 1 drone slot, based on fast charging weapons improved with 2 autoloaders. The idea is to hit the enemy before it gets a shot out.

Here are some examples of the possible ships you might get :

Estel wrote:You guys are rolling mods so quickly, that I can't even test them all on time! How dare you? ;)
/Estel

Thanks E. Hope you have fun ;)
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:19 pm

Interesting stuff! I chose the Stealth Cruiser because, out of the remaining ships, it seemed like the most interesting thing to randomize. I'm pleased to see Stealth A, B, and C all represented!

I notice that you've got CE weapons on all those Randasios, though. Does the randomizer tool require CE, or does it have an alternate "CE Build" option? [EDIT: reread OP. Question answered.]
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:21 pm

When you get to the... "Randwark," one of the possible augments you should let it start out with is Fire Suppression. :idea:

Sorry I haven't been able to help add to the pools, I've been really busy, you are pushing out all these ships so fast!!!

By the way, you also continue to impress me with your alternative layouts. It's amazing how many you can come up with, especially without changing the room images. I'm thankful you added the ability to change room images though. :)

Another suggestion, have you thought about messing with the hues of the ships hull images? I tried this before and came up with some cool color schemes.
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:16 pm

Some progress: I worked on floor generation again today, and figured out an algorithm that can reliably trace the outline of any ship, both inside and outside. Boring pictures that a way! (description is on the right hand side of the screen)

What remains now is figure out how to use this data to draw rounded corners and airlocks :roll:
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL