[Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
rannl

Re: please help

Postby rannl » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:57 pm

smashbro011 wrote:tried that, still nothing.

Did you manage to run the tool using the command line terminal ? Need your feedback in order to help you out.
smashbro011

Postby smashbro011 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:41 am

rannl wrote:

Did you manage to run the tool using the command line terminal ? Need your feedback in order to help you out.

found out it was the name of the file location that the .exe did not like; had to rename "Steam + Games" folder to "SteamGames"... -_-
why the simplest of details made the differance is beyond me.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:26 am

smashbro011 wrote:
rannl wrote:

found out it was the name of the file location that the .exe did not like; had to rename "Steam + Games" folder to "SteamGames"... -_-
why the simplest of details made the differance is beyond me.

Cuz Computers Bro... ;) :mrgreen:
FoldedDice

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Postby FoldedDice » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:52 pm

It's a generally bad practice to use non-alphanumeric characters in your folder names for exactly this reason. Many programs don't play nice with them and tend to become confused.

EDIT: Since this post is light on constructive content, I think I'll also use the space to make a development comment. Much earlier in the thread, I noticed that Rannl suggested the possibility that there might be some form of integration with CE's Endless Loot mod in the future. I'd like to express my interest in seeing that happen, if it's still being given consideration. It's a bit of a bother to me that the items on the starting ships don't mesh with the rest of the game when I've got both mods running.
rannl

Postby rannl » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Been somewhat busy lately, with work and all.
I will certainly add support for CE-EL in the future, since it will add a large amount of possible weapon combinations, and also because I had the pleasure of creating EL's generating tool.
In the immediate future, I'd like to brush up the random augment pools.

Keep on having fun!
FoldedDice

Postby FoldedDice » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:12 pm

Glad to hear it! Anything that adds more variety to playthroughs will be welcome on my install.
SgtFrog

Postby SgtFrog » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:49 am

Uh, how exactly do I randomize the Type B and C ships? Is it possible to do that currently?
rannl

Postby rannl » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:10 pm

SgtFrog wrote:Uh, how exactly do I randomize the Type B and C ships? Is it possible to do that currently?

The B and C ships are randomized by the tool. After patching a generated .ftl file and running the game, the hangar will contain only randomized ships.
SgtFrog

Postby SgtFrog » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:58 am

rannl wrote:
SgtFrog wrote:Uh, how exactly do I randomize the Type B and C ships? Is it possible to do that currently?

The B and C ships are randomized by the tool. After patching a generated .ftl file and running the game, the hangar will contain only randomized ships.

It's not randomizing my B and C ships and I'm not sure why. Neither AE or ACE option when I use the Random Ship Generator.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:45 am

SgtFrog wrote:
rannl wrote:It's not randomizing my B and C ships and I'm not sure why. Neither AE or ACE option when I use the Random Ship Generator.

Are you sure you have the latest version.... 1.3.0?