[Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Postby Biohazard063 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:52 am

Hey Rannl,

Been awhile, just got bashed on by sleeper for sh*t talking the artillery. (jk :) )

But it did end up with me planning on trying some of the artillery systems.
Seeing that I am using The Randtrel mod again, do ships that don't start with artillery have that randomized as well?
Eg. the Kestrel doesn't start with artillery, but buying it gives me the triple heavy laser.
You know, the one I just bought at a shop once as normal weapon :lol: good times...
Anyway, if I'm using the Randtrell, will I still get the triple heavy laser when I buy artillery or is it a "roll of the dice" as well? I might figure that out on myself by the time I get a response but still...

Grtz,
Biohazard063

EDIT : Nope, it doesn't. Artillery remains as it should be.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
rannl

Postby rannl » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:02 pm

Been a while since I posted, got a lot going on in real life, as well as some other projects I'm working on.

So sorry for the late reply.
Just to clarify artillery issues : The only ship which gets random arti weapons from a large pool is the Fed cruiser.
The rest of the ships get an arti weapon from the existing pool of arti weapons made for that ship type :
I.E. - the Mantis cruisers will get either the anti personal cannon or the hidden bomb teleporter as an arti system.
The arti weapon description will appear in the shop, so you'll know what arti weapon you got only when trying to buy the system.

The only action item for both the randtrel and the flagship randomizer is the seed. I'll add some support for seeding in the next few days, hopefully.
xCREEDKILERx

Postby xCREEDKILERx » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:04 pm

Rannl,
When I try to run the .jar on my Mac the program "runs" but nothing pops up or anything as well as this I don't understand what you mean by "The usage is simple : run the .exe file for windows or .sh for linux. Mac OS users should make sure the .sh has executable permissions on their system." So I was wondering if you could be so kind to clear up some of my confusion?
superarmandbros

Postby superarmandbros » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:49 pm

Use the Mac instructions (which I wrote) on this thread, replacing the folder and file names when appropriate :)

viewtopic.php?t=26241
xCREEDKILERx

Postby xCREEDKILERx » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:15 am

Thank you very much. It's working all fine now :D
superarmandbros

Postby superarmandbros » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:46 am

Good to hear :)
YoshiGaming

Postby YoshiGaming » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:10 pm

Hey, I was wondering if you could help? I'm trying to use the .exe file, but nothing pops up. So when I use the application (the one with command prompt, as I'm on windows), it says: Error: could not find or load main class flagshipgenerator.FlagshipGenerator. Does this mean I'll have to use the randomised flagship too, or is this just some kind of bug?
EDIT: I feel this is a bug, as even when I used the randomised flagship, it didn't work. Is there some form of way to get around this?

EDIT 2: I got it working now. I really like it, especially with the random flagship!
rannl

Postby rannl » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:30 pm

YoshiGaming wrote:Hey, I was wondering if you could help? I'm trying to use the .exe file, but nothing pops up. So when I use the application (the one with command prompt, as I'm on windows), it says: Error: could not find or load main class flagshipgenerator.FlagshipGenerator. Does this mean I'll have to use the randomised flagship too, or is this just some kind of bug?
EDIT: I feel this is a bug, as even when I used the randomised flagship, it didn't work. Is there some form of way to get around this?

EDIT 2: I got it working now. I really like it, especially with the random flagship!

Sorry for not helping you out earlier. I've been working this past year with Sleeper Service and KartoFlane on our Hyperspace Admirals game, so I haven't been to the forum.
Very happy to know that FTL fans are still enjoying this mod!
YoshiGaming

Postby YoshiGaming » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:22 pm

rannl wrote:
YoshiGaming wrote:Hey, I was wondering if you could help? I'm trying to use the .exe file, but nothing pops up. So when I use the application (the one with command prompt, as I'm on windows), it says: Error: could not find or load main class flagshipgenerator.FlagshipGenerator. Does this mean I'll have to use the randomised flagship too, or is this just some kind of bug?

Sorry for not helping you out earlier. I've been working this past year with Sleeper Service and KartoFlane on our Hyperspace Admirals game, so I haven't been to the forum.
Very happy to know that FTL fans are still enjoying this mod!

No need to apologise! I realised where I went wrong a little after redownloading it, but forgot to update my post. Thanks for creating this tool, it's helped keep me interested in the ships in-game that aren't really very fun for me, like the Zoltan B or the Slug cruisers (although I do like having the anti-bio from the slug cruiser at the start)! NB: Sorry for taking ages to reply, I've been playing the Division pretty much since release, so I haven't been on my PC at all.
Braxbro

Postby Braxbro » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:20 pm

I would enjoy seeing random assets created by various modders for their own modded ships.
Kestrel A,B,C - Engi A,B,C - Stealth A - Zoltan A,B

Mantis board your teleporter. "They definitely can't just teleport us back onto our ship... these fleshy meatsacks are too dumb..."

"If we have AI, why not artificial stupidity?"