[Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
rannl

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v0.41

Postby rannl » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:40 pm

Pandemoneus wrote:I generated a new Randtrel and it works.
Maybe some of the resulting configurations are bugged?

Nice catch, released new version with bug fix :

Changelog 0.42:
* Fixed bug in weapon generation causing crashes.

About your PATH and java executable set, did you set the entire path to the java.exe, including the java.exe file name, or just up to the bin folder, where java.exe is found ? If you map the path up to the bin directory, without the java.exe, I think the .exe should work and find your JVM directory.
Pandemoneus

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v0.41

Postby Pandemoneus » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:53 pm

rannl wrote:
Pandemoneus wrote:I generated a new Randtrel and it works.
Maybe some of the resulting configurations are bugged?

Nice catch, released new version with bug fix :

Changelog 0.42:
* Fixed bug in weapon generation causing crashes.

About your PATH and java executable set, did you set the entire path to the java.exe, including the java.exe file name, or just up to the bin folder, where java.exe is found ? If you map the path up to the bin directory, without the java.exe, I think the .exe should work and find your JVM directory.

Just up to the bin folder (and as I mentioned earlier, the exe still doesn't work :P)
I made a .bat file, it works aswell.

[edit]
I got a nice Randtrel on my second try. (Ignore the Oni Missiles, I got them on the second event in the starter sector)
http://imgur.com/6BI6jwH
rannl

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v0.42

Postby rannl » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:17 pm

Pandemoneus wrote:
rannl wrote:
Pandemoneus wrote:
Just up to the bin folder (and as I mentioned earlier, the exe still doesn't work :P)
I made a .bat file, it works aswell.

[edit]
I got a nice Randtrel on my second try. (Ignore the Oni Missiles, I got them on the second event in the starter sector)
http://imgur.com/6BI6jwH

Well, I'll try to find a solution to the JVM pathing issue. If by any chance you might restart your windows (the system registery will boot up and repath environements), then retry the .exe and have it work as expected give me a heads up.

Yeah, that looks like a solid build you got there. The dual lasers are probably the most efficient weapon power to damage to charge time - wise, and I thought it would be nice to let them get a little glory ;)
Pandemoneus

Postby Pandemoneus » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:27 pm

rannl wrote:Well, I'll try to find a solution to the JVM pathing issue. If by any chance you might restart your windows (the system registery will boot up and repath environements), then retry the .exe and have it work as expected give me a heads up.

I already did that before, sorry. It didn't work. Even updated to the latest Java 7 version and restarted.
Instead of the .exe, you could make a .bat file like I did.
rannl

Postby rannl » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:45 pm

Pandemoneus wrote:
rannl wrote:Well, I'll try to find a solution to the JVM pathing issue. If by any chance you might restart your windows (the system registery will boot up and repath environements), then retry the .exe and have it work as expected give me a heads up.

I already did that before, sorry. It didn't work. Even updated to the latest Java 7 version and restarted.
Instead of the .exe, you could make a .bat file like I did.

I wanted a general JVM handling environement build around the tool, which is why I decided to wrap the tool in a generated .exe file. If this issue continues to be a problem with no solution, I might just use a .bat file instead, with the precondition of having the user set the PATH for the jvm/jre directory
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:15 am

@rannl
Have you tried the launch4j configuration files from SMM? I've used them for Superluminal, and I haven't had any problems reported with them so far.
The config files & how-to
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
rannl

Postby rannl » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:35 am

kartoFlane wrote:@rannl
Have you tried the launch4j configuration files from SMM? I've used them for Superluminal, and I haven't had any problems reported with them so far.

Thanks for the tip KF!
I've created an .exe file using launch4j, I'll check with Pandemoneus to see if this solves his execution problem.
Pandemoneus

Postby Pandemoneus » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:44 am

rannl wrote:
kartoFlane wrote:@rannl

Thanks for the tip KF!
I've created an .exe file using launch4j, I'll check with Pandemoneus to see if this solves his execution problem.

It works, though Windows blocked the exe first. :P
I have to reply here because I can't send PMs yet.
rannl

Postby rannl » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Started working on a random buld for the Torus (engi cruiser).
So here are a few screenshots of the 'Randorus' :

Next release will include the Randorus, any comments/ideas/thoughts will be appreciated :)

Pandemoneus wrote:
rannl wrote:Thanks for the tip KF!

It works, though Windows blocked the exe first. :P

Next release will also include a fix for possible issues with JVM pathing, required by the tool.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:55 pm

The Randtrel did not change airlock positions that much, but here that problem that comes with it is getting a little more obvious: floor image and airlock positions don't match. Don't know how much this will bother people. Easiest fix would probably be removing the floor image altogether.