Sky_line125

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v0.13.0

Postby Sky_line125 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:44 pm

I have bug with zoltan cruiser
rannl

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v0.13.0

Postby rannl » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:16 pm

Sky_line125 wrote:I have bug with zoltan cruiser

I see you've found the secret Zoltan door to an extra-dimensional space-time pocket ;)

Will be fixed shortly, thanks for the update.
rannl

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v0.13.1

Postby rannl » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Released bug fix, thanks Sky_line125.
Sky_line125

Postby Sky_line125 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:14 pm

I have idea:
Ship with titanium system casing + 2 shields, but without connection to O2/Door/Sensor room(You cant repait room)
Leylite

Postby Leylite » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:17 pm

Sky_line125 wrote:I have idea:
Ship with titanium system casing + 2 shields, but without connection to O2/Door/Sensor room(You cant repait room)

That's no good - a single Small Bomb or artemis missile to those rooms and your goose is cooked. Even with a Repair Burst it's still probably not much fun since you'd then have to devote a weapons slot and missiles towards repairing those systems.
rannl

Postby rannl » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:41 pm

Leylite wrote:
Sky_line125 wrote:I have idea:

That's no good - a single Small Bomb or artemis missile to those rooms and your goose is cooked. Even with a Repair Burst it's still probably not much fun since you'd then have to devote a weapons slot and missiles towards repairing those systems.

This is an interesting concept, that could play into a 5 weapon slots/ 1 drone slot build (5th weapon slot dedicated to the repair burst, which I found most players tend to ignore as a non effective weapon).
As mentioned, this makes missile ammo a major issue, and is problematic with manned systems since you won't be able to get the manned station bonus - this build should be done only with rooms with systems which can't be manned.
Another issue is an interesting "piggy ride" situation, with boarders being stuck in unconnected rooms and constantly destroying their systems (requiring airlocks for all those rooms).
And finally, this is a significant change from the vanilla look and feel of the player ships....
sign1000

Postby sign1000 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:55 pm

In that case, why not put in O2, drones, and an empty room (if bought, cloaking should be there)
since both are systems that do not need to be manned in order to work while still keeping systems that are important (especially O2)
Airlocks should not be an issue if all three (or more) of the separated rooms are connected and then you can just provide 1-2 airlocks on both sides of the 3 rooms. (I am thinking of a simple straight-lined room layout that is unconnected to the other rooms on the ship.)
rannl

Postby rannl » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:37 pm

sign1000 wrote:In that case, why not put in O2, drones, and an empty room (if bought, cloaking should be there)
since both are systems that do not need to be manned in order to work while still keeping systems that are important (especially O2)
Airlocks should not be an issue if all three (or more) of the separated rooms are connected and then you can just provide 1-2 airlocks on both sides of the 3 rooms. (I am thinking of a simple straight-lined room layout that is unconnected to the other rooms on the ship.)

Okay. I'll go along with this build idea, and the lanius cruiser seems like a good ship for this build.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:58 pm

I think the disconnected rooms are maybe ok for the Lanius ship, however this mod is meant more to varry up the ships but keep them close to the vanilla loadout/layout, etc...

There are already a bunch of custom ship mods that do crazy things like the disconnected rooms. Look up The Duality. ;)

Some creative layouts and loadouts are ok to add more variety to the ships, but if the idea is too different from vanilla it may not belong in this mod.
rannl

Postby rannl » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:09 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:I think the disconnected rooms are maybe ok for the Lanius ship, however this mod is meant more to varry up the ships but keep them close to the vanilla loadout/layout, etc...

There are already a bunch of custom ship mods that do crazy things like the disconnected rooms. Look up The Duality. ;)

Some creative layouts and loadouts are ok to add more variety to the ships, but if the idea is too different from vanilla it may not belong in this mod.

Agreed. I did add some experimental builds to the other cruisers, but they are less likely to come up then the more vanilla themed builds.
IMHO, it seems right to have a disconnected o2 room on a lanius ship, so it might be nice to give it a go.