[Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
rannl

Re: The Rand[trel/orus/asio/wark/a Monster/prey/of War] v0.

Postby rannl » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:59 pm

:oops:
Well, I'll fix this issue in the next release, today. Too bad about the burst laser though.....
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:39 pm

rannl wrote::oops:
Well, I'll fix this issue in the next release, today. Too bad about the burst laser though.....

At least you could have some heavy missile or laser artilleries that fire only 3 shots and they can fire normally. But really it's not that big of an issue. I too was sad though when I found out you can fire more than 3 shots, because it looks so cool to see it shoot 5 times. :(
rannl

Postby rannl » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:39 pm

As promised :
Released v0.12.1, with a fix to the multiple shot arti weapons, as suggested by RR and Sleepy.

Thanks to Biohazard063 for the bug report.
sign1000

Postby sign1000 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:55 am

Just a thought; if you were to randomize the crystal/lanius ships, you could have a couple of layout options where one ship used a boarding combo of 2 lanius with a crystal lockout weapon, or another where you have a Lanius ship that uses firebombs and Lanius boarders (would make destroying enemy O2 very easy :twisted: )
and so one!
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:35 am

If possible, you could have a Lanius ship with no oxygen, but then you would have to have some way to ensure that you started with 3-4 Lanius/AIs.
rannl

Postby rannl » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:55 pm

sign1000 wrote:Just a thought; if you were to randomize the crystal/lanius ships, you could have a couple of layout options where one ship used a boarding combo of 2 lanius with a crystal lockout weapon, or another where you have a Lanius ship that uses firebombs and Lanius boarders (would make destroying enemy O2 very easy :twisted: )
and so one!

I'm not sure about a lanius ship being equipped with a crystal lockdown bomb (being a crystal weapon) or a fire bomb (being a rock/slug weapon). It would make sense, however, to have lanius ships with boarding have a high breaching chance weapon (AP weapons, breach bombs, etc.), making a breach and board tactic available. So I'm guessing that'll be a configuration pool more compatible with the game lore.

Russian Rockman wrote:If possible, you could have a Lanius ship with no oxygen, but then you would have to have some way to ensure that you started with 3-4 Lanius/AIs.

Yeah, that sort of configuration definatly crossed my mind. As you mentioned, just have to make sure that ships with a starting O2 system at false can buy it later at a shop.
Sky_line125

Postby Sky_line125 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:30 am

Randtrel - very cool mod, but if you can, please add type B and C random loadout.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:35 pm

Sky_line125 wrote:Randtrel - very cool mod, but if you can, please add type B and C random loadout.

What does this post even mean.

B and C loadouts have been in the pool since, I dunno, forever?
Sky_line125

Postby Sky_line125 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:47 pm

NarnKar wrote:What does this post even mean.

Sorry, I don't very good know english.
I mean add random loadout on B and C ship type
rannl

Postby rannl » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Random loadouts will be added to the B/C slots in the future.
I'm still working on adding randomized versions of all the player ships.

In the meantime, any further comments/thoughts/ideas/requests will be more then welcome ;)