[Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Braxbro
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:58 pm
Location: The Pew-pew (Chain Vulcan gunship)

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Postby Braxbro » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:20 pm

I would enjoy seeing random assets created by various modders for their own modded ships.
Kestrel A,B,C - Engi A,B,C - Stealth A - Zoltan A,B

Mantis board your teleporter. "They definitely can't just teleport us back onto our ship... these fleshy meatsacks are too dumb..."

"If we have AI, why not artificial stupidity?"
rannl
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Postby rannl » Thu May 19, 2016 2:57 pm

Hey Guys,
Just looked at the number of downloads on the 1.3.0 version, apparently Randtrel has been downloaded more then 6200 times!
A lot more then I ever imagined when I started working on this project.
Happy to know that so many people enjoyed something that I worked on.
Cheers!
Keep on FTLing and take care,
RannL
IceMaverick
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:50 am

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Postby IceMaverick » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:10 pm

Hey RannL, I have a quick question for you!

I'm playing more and more FTL:CE on Twitch and running the generators each time I do new runs to come up with new ships to pull from. As such, I'm starting to get interested in seeing about designing new things for the randomizer, like weapon loadouts, crew groups, etc. I see the guide for making them and it was very helpful in figuring out how it all works.

The question I have for you: Do you have a list of all of the various weapons and such that can be used in CE? Can your randomizer handle the Assorted Loot variants? If you don't have a list handy, do you know where I might be able to dig to find one?
rannl
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Postby rannl » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:31 pm

IceMaverick wrote:Hey RannL, I have a quick question for you!

I'm playing more and more FTL:CE on Twitch and running the generators each time I do new runs to come up with new ships to pull from. As such, I'm starting to get interested in seeing about designing new things for the randomizer, like weapon loadouts, crew groups, etc. I see the guide for making them and it was very helpful in figuring out how it all works.

The question I have for you: Do you have a list of all of the various weapons and such that can be used in CE? Can your randomizer handle the Assorted Loot variants? If you don't have a list handy, do you know where I might be able to dig to find one?


Great to hear youre having fun with the Randtrel! Post a link of your Twitch runs, I would be happy to take a look.
About your questions : Just about every piece of equipment that can be loaded on a ship can be used with the Randtrel source files.
It's just a matter of adding the equipment names to the proper equipment lists (weapons or augments).
Take care about high powered weapons though, since you might end up with a random ship that can't use them due to a low weapon mount level.
IceMaverick
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:50 am

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Postby IceMaverick » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:02 am

rannl wrote:Post a link of your Twitch runs, I would be happy to take a look.


I stream FTL every Friday over at http://www.twitch.tv/IceMaverick13
Thanks for showing interest in the channel :D I make several silly mistakes from time to time and my viewers like to put me in hazardous situations more than I'd like, so I haven't managed to actually win one yet, but we'll keep trying until we do!

rannl wrote:It's just a matter of adding the equipment names to the proper equipment lists (weapons or augments).

Right... You know where I might be able to source a list of equipment names? Is there a certain file I might be able to dig around in to pull out a complete list of equipment variable names?
rannl
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Postby rannl » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:21 am

IceMaverick wrote:
rannl wrote:Post a link of your Twitch runs, I would be happy to take a look.


rannl wrote:It's just a matter of adding the equipment names to the proper equipment lists (weapons or augments).

Right... You know where I might be able to source a list of equipment names? Is there a certain file I might be able to dig around in to pull out a complete list of equipment variable names?


You can get the weapon lists from the CE mod file itself - extract the contents of the FLT Captains Edition 1.2xx ftl file (like any other zip file), and then open the dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.xml file found in the data directory. This file contains the weapon name lists used by CE, and therefore also by the Rantrel mod generator.
If you need any help, feel free to ask.
Looking forward to see what kind of ships your modded modding tool will generate! Take care ;)
IceMaverick
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:50 am

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Postby IceMaverick » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:28 pm

Hey Rannl, another question for you.

Edit: Figured out my last question, so here's are some others:

I'm trying to be extra random with the mod and create lots of dynamic lists to pull from in order to do things. For example, in your default Kestral, you have some of the setups pull from an AuxWeapon hook to draw a random final weapon from a separate list.

For my test example, I made a hook list called BurstLaserWeapon1 that contains all of the 1-power burst-laser-type weapons. My original test was to make a ship that calls that hook twice to give me two random 1-power weapons, but it instead gave me 2 of the same random weapon.

1. Is there a way to make it draw from the same list twice, or will I have to make every single one of my lists 4 times in order to draw randomly up to 4 times?

2. Does the metaDeta of the hook lists matter? Are they allowed to be duplicates of each other within the same hook? Can they be duplicates within different hooks?

Thanks!
rannl
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Postby rannl » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:42 pm

IceMaverick wrote:Hey Rannl, another question for you.

Edit: Figured out my last question, so here's are some others:

I'm trying to be extra random with the mod and create lots of dynamic lists to pull from in order to do things. For example, in your default Kestral, you have some of the setups pull from an AuxWeapon hook to draw a random final weapon from a separate list.

For my test example, I made a hook list called BurstLaserWeapon1 that contains all of the 1-power burst-laser-type weapons. My original test was to make a ship that calls that hook twice to give me two random 1-power weapons, but it instead gave me 2 of the same random weapon.

1. Is there a way to make it draw from the same list twice, or will I have to make every single one of my lists 4 times in order to draw randomly up to 4 times?

2. Does the metaDeta of the hook lists matter? Are they allowed to be duplicates of each other within the same hook? Can they be duplicates within different hooks?

Thanks!


1. Each hook gets generated only once, which means that you'll have to create a copy of the hook list if you want to generate it twice.
2. The meta data doesn't matter, it serves as debug text explaining the purpose of each hook.
IceMaverick
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:50 am

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Postby IceMaverick » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:34 pm

Alrighty! Fantastic then. Time for miles long files as I generate like 12 different lists per ship, 4 times for each list :D

But thanks for the response. I can get moving on this again :D
Unlimited
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:31 pm

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Postby Unlimited » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:39 pm

I have a small problem with this mod and CE,because when i trying play rendtrel with CE endless addon i have Runtime Error C++ and i dont know why :( .All parts of CE mod are working with Randtrel but not CE endless.Anyone know why? Btw.Sorry for my english.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests