Following the work done on the Flagship randomizing tool, here's another variation of it's randomizing potential :
The Rantrel tool is a generator for randomized player ships - the original ships are modifed based on a random selection from a pool of images, layouts, systems, weapons and crew members.
The generated ships resource pools are based on the A/B/C ship configurations, with a few experimental configurations added in, just to make things a little more interesting (for example : a fast attack stealth ship build without shields or cloaking, a 2 weapon 4 drone slot engi build, a fire starting rock build, a no teleporter with boarding drone mantis build, and a no life support lanius build).
The tool supports randomization of all the player ships : a random ship for each of the ship build slots (3 varients for all ships with the exception of the crystal and the lanius ships which only have 2 varients).
The usage is simple : run the .exe file for windows or .sh for linux.
Mac OS users should make sure the .sh has executable permissions on their system.
The permissions can be changed using the OS terminal, as seen here
The tool requires a java version of 1.7 and above.
You can select via GUI a build type for the randomized ship, and where to store the generated .ftl file.
The tool supports either an AE vanilla FTL build or an AE Captain's Edition build (must have CE installed in order to use).
You can check out Biohazard063's playthroughs with Randtrel ships on youtube here (from episode 84 and onwards).
A review of this mod has been done by 5th Horseman, you can find it here.
Vanguard of Valor has also done a review of this mod, which you can view here.
CabbageJazzFunk's channel has several videos of Randtrel runs, including Captain's Edition, Endless Loot and the Flagship Randomizor. You can view it here.
You are also welcome to try this tool's sister mod : the flagship randomizing tool.
Here are some examples of the random ships you might get (a mix of AE and ACE builds):
Code: Select all
* Added support for CE's arti weapons for all random ships.
* Randomized hulls and layouts will be unique for each ship slot (A/B/C unique builds).
* Fixed bug in save path location, now sace path will be stored and used correctly.
* Fixed duplication in engi layouts (3 and 6 were the same layout, now they are different layouts).
* Fixed bug in fed arti weapons (fed arti weapons will not appear in shops).
* Fed ships no longer share the same random arti weapon (each fed ship randomizes its own arti weapon).
* Reduced number of files in mod (~25% size reduction).
* Fixed missing shields and cloaking images bug for B/C random ships.
* Added creation of randomized ships for the B and C slots of all the ships.
* Added a randomized crystal A cruiser, with assets based on B as well.
* Added some fine tuning to the weapon pools.
* Save path for .ftl generated file is stored and used during future Randtrel activations.
* Changed all ship names to derivatives of the 'Rand' prefix (Randtrel,Randorus, etc..).
* Added a randomized lanius A cruiser, with assets based on B as well.
* Fixed airlocks to some of the zoltan layouts.
* Replaced fed cruiser pink hull images.
* Fixed bug in zoltan layouts.
* Added a randomized zoltan A cruiser, with assets based on B and C as well.
* Fixed jar file name in .sh exec file for linux/mac.
* Fixed bug with fed random arti weapons (multishot weapons changed to burst type).
* Added a randomized slug A cruiser, with assets based on B and C as well.
* Added mini images (found in the hanger ship list and the scoreboard) for the random ships.
* Added specific floor layout images to all ships.
* Reduced size of tool and resources by half.
* Replaced .sh executable with a smaller version with better Mac OS compatability.
* Updated random arti weapons - shooting weapons fire at least twice, added more shots to weapons with fewer shots.
* Added a randomized fed A cruiser, with assets based on B and C as well.
* Fixed non working airlock issues with the kestral builds.
* Updated Randasio weapon pool.
* Added a randomized mantis cruiser, with assets based on B and (semi) C as well.
* Recolored the bright yellow kestral hull.
* Added cloaking images with the kestral 2 stripes (thanks to RR).
* Added a randomized rock A cruiser, with assets based on B and C as well.
* Some bug fixes.
* Added ship image pools for all ships.
* Added more weapon/system pools for the Randasio.
* Some bug fixes.
* Added a randomized stealth A cruiser, with assets based on B and C as well.
* Randomized stealth ship also has a fast attack build without cloaking, based on fast charging weapons.
* Added new layouts for the randtrel and randorus.
* Added supoort for using different images for rooms.
* Minor updates to randorus weapon pool.
* Added more system configurations for the randorus.
* Added a randomized engi A cruiser.
* Generated the .exe file via a better JVM recognizing tool.
* Fixed bug in weapon generation causing crashes.
* Fixed some layout bugs.
* A little rebalancing of weapon configurations.
* Added GUI for simpler usage.
* Added CE build for randomized ship (must have CE installed in order to use).
* Added the lanius to the crew random pool.
* Fixed randomization of starting drones amount.
* Layouts updated to use only 1x2,2x1 and 2x2 rooms.
* Added more ship layouts to the asset pools.
* Added more weapon configurations to the asset pools.
* Added more system configurations to the asset pools.
* Randomizing starting amount of drones, or no drones at all but with an augment.
* Added several random ship layouts to the asset pools.
* Fixed output name to Randtrel.ftl.
* Added more weapon configurations to the random asset pool.
* Added more crew configurations to the random asset pool.
I've included a guide for creating more randomized content for this tool :
Randtrel Asset Creation Guide
If wish to create more content and have it added to the tool, so that more ships can be randomly generated, you are more then welcome to do so
Big thanks to the following :
Sleeper Service for the inspiration, love of modding, magnificent Captain's Edition, and the Randtrel image.
Vhati for the remarkable SMM tool which makes all .ftl mods possible.
KartoFlane for the amazing Superluminal tool which allowed easy layout creation, and his good advice.
Russian Rockman, the Rockman and Gentleman, for his great and detailed comments, and for the kestral cloaking image.
stylesrj for kestral images used in the hull asset pool.
Biohazard063 for doing youtube gameplays of the Randtrel ships and his comments.
5th Horseman for his youtube review of this tool/mod.
VoV for his youtube review of this tool/mod.
So give it a try and have fun