Flagship Randomizer 1.29 for AE, ACE and ACE Infinite

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: [Beta Phase] Flagship Randomizer 0.1 for CE

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:46 am

rannl wrote:The tool has support for enforcing no more then X of a specific weapon type.
Currently there can be no more then 2 of each weapon type, with the exception of beams (no more then 1 beam).
I will add another catagory - NHD (No Hull Damage), and will restrict it to no more then 2 NHD weapons.

That's a good idea. I saw the categories thing, that was smart to allow for the possibility of up to 2 weapons of each type (except beams). It allows for more variety, but also prevents silly things from happening, like an all missiles flagship. :twisted:

I have a question? Is it possible to add a pool of drones for the third phase of the flagship? If the drone room was relocated to somewhere on the middle of the flagship that would allow for drones on phase 3. It looks like there can only be up to 2 drones on phase 1 and up to 3 drones on phase 2. Is that right? Or does that work dynamically? Could you have up to 4 potential drones?
rannl

Postby rannl » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:25 am

Russian Rockman wrote:
I have a question? Is it possible to add a pool of drones for the third phase of the flagship? If the drone room was relocated to somewhere on the middle of the flagship that would allow for drones on phase 3. It looks like there can only be up to 2 drones on phase 1 and up to 3 drones on phase 2. Is that right? Or does that work dynamically? Could you have up to 4 potential drones?

It is possible to add a drone system on the 3rd phase to the random system sets pool. It's a question of popular demand :)
Likewise, the number of drones is also dynamic, and will be decided upon based on the comments and feedbacks posted here.

As you pointed out in an earlier post, the randomizing tool is dynamic, so when the beta is done I'll also post a tutorial for building customized randomized assets. This way you could build your own flagship randomizer (and much more).
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:40 pm

rannl wrote:As you pointed out in an earlier post, the randomizing tool is dynamic, so when the beta is done I'll also post a tutorial for building customized randomized assets. This way you could build your own flagship randomizer (and much more).

I thought it looked dynamic, but I wasn't %100 sure to what extent. That is awesome! Thanks again.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:26 am

Some more thoughts on the Randomizer.

When you get the ability to look at your secret data at the beginning of each sector working, I think that instead of having to go through all the flagship data in a certain order each time, you could choose to check just the flagship's weapons or drones or systems etc...

In addition, I think it would be cool if a couple pieces of the data were still "encrypted." So you may not know for example, the secondary weapons the flagship has and/or the main systems it come equipped with on phase 1, but still be able to check all of the other data. This could probably be randomized as well. The reason for this is I think it would be fun to try and figure out what the encrypted data is throughout the run, you could have a few events that allow you to find out what the encrypted data is. Like the event where you peak at the Federation data and they accuse you of "spying," or maybe you could hire a hacker at a station to try and decrypt it for you, or maybe talking to your Engi or AI crew they are able to break the encryption. :idea:
It could be as simple as saying "The flagship appears to be equipped with %&*#$[Redacted]%#&$%" and then upon talking to your Engi crew at an event they say "In my spare time Captain I was able to break the Rebel's Encryption, it appears that the flagship is equipped with a mind control system and a hacking system."

This may not work for vanilla though. Anyway, just a thought. ;)
Sleeper Service

Re: [Beta Phase] Flagship Randomizer 0.3 for CE

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:11 am

New version is live:

Flagship Randomizer 0.3 for CE (Beta)
-Fixed shifted cloaking images.
-Added fix to 3rd phase event text.
-Added support for multiple predicate keys for each asset.
-Weapon selection now limited to no more then 2 Non Hull Damaging weapons.
-Weapon selection now limited to no more then 1 unique weapon (arti laser, since it has extremly limited shield breaking abilities).
-Augment offensive selection updated - removed auto loader, added explosive replicator and zoltan bypass.
-Added Mod Info asset - adds the mod-appendix directory with a metadata.xml file describing the output .ftl file
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:13 am

Downloaded it and it's not working. Apparently...

"Parameter [-src_file] has a non-existing file name value: assetList.xml"
rannl

Postby rannl » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:44 am

FortunaDraken wrote:Downloaded it and it's not working. Apparently...

"Parameter [-src_file] has a non-existing file name value: assetList.xml"

Thanks FD.
Here's a temporary link for a fixed release, untill Sleepy updates the link in the OP :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e2ym1hlso79l3o2/FlagshipGenerator_0.3.zip

Russian Rockman wrote:Some more thoughts on the Randomizer.

Interesting. Since this involves changing/updating events in CE, I'd like to know what Sleepy thinks. Encription decoding events are certainly doable :)
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:58 am

Smart additions rannl. This just keeps getting more and more potential to be awesome. :o

And thanks for considering the Encryption/Decryption thing. :)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:32 am

Bug report! Or at least a minor nuisance:

Phase 3 didn't give me an option to use my Mind Shield or Subspace Scanner. It just went straight into the action so now my crew is trying to kill me and I can't do a thing about it, except perhaps hack them... but still I bought that augment specifically to counter that system (while I wasted one on a Subspace Scanner despite there being no cloak whatsoever for any phase :D)