Flagship Randomizer 1.29 for AE, ACE and ACE Infinite

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
MaeniAck

Re: [Beta Phase] Flagship Randomizer 0.1 for CE

Postby MaeniAck » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:36 am

Russian Rockman wrote:Image

This reflects my feelings perfectly, can't wait to try it out.
Russian Rockman

Re: [Beta Phase] Flagship Randomizer 0.3 for CE

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:05 pm

stylesrj wrote:Bug report! Or at least a minor nuisance:

Phase 3 didn't give me an option to use my Mind Shield or Subspace Scanner. It just went straight into the action so now my crew is trying to kill me and I can't do a thing about it, except perhaps hack them... but still I bought that augment specifically to counter that system (while I wasted one on a Subspace Scanner despite there being no cloak whatsoever for any phase :D)

I think that's actually just a CE issue since this doesn't touch events, yet.
rannl

Postby rannl » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:40 pm

0.4 will soon be posted
IceMaverick

Postby IceMaverick » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:35 pm

I may have found a bug. The last two or three rolls I've had, the secret files stated that the Engine room was separated from the rest of the ship. On all of the actual fights though, the Engine room was most definitely attached and most definitely had doors to access it. Am I missing something about that what that text is supposed to mean?
Sleeper Service

Re: [Beta Phase] Flagship Randomizer 0.4 for CE

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:21 pm

Either I did mess up that layout or the layout is not properly inserted by the tool. We'll be looking into that.

Flagship Randomizer 0.4 for CE (Beta)
-Update to random generation tool (output file name can be configured by changing the value of the attribute outputName in the assetList.xml file).
-1st augment is now based on the type of random system generated, and will be described as an attribute of the system at the starting event.
-Phase 3 Combat Aug options fixed
-Flagship data can be read at any sector entrance beacon now

Concerning data decryption throughout the game:
While this has some appeal its also very annoying to implement. Further there are some pretty hefty limitations, primarily that there is no way to check which part of the data already has been decrypted. So there is a chance that the player just decrypts the same part of the data again and again, in the end not getting the vital information even after completing all possible decryption quests. It also possible that you never get a chance to decrypt anything, the disadvantage would not be that great but I'd rather make all the information accessible in the first place.

Edit:
If anyone feels like posting screenshots, please do so! I'd love to see how your individual boss battles looked. :)
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:14 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Concerning data decryption throughout the game:
While this has some appeal its also very annoying to implement. Further there are some pretty hefty limitations, primarily that there is no way to check which part of the data already has been decrypted. So there is a chance that the player just decrypts the same part of the data again and again, in the end not getting the vital information even after completing all possible decryption quests. It also possible that you never get a chance to decrypt anything, the disadvantage would not be that great but I'd rather make all the information accessible in the first place.

I was only thinking something along the lines of just 2-3 pieces of missing information, like a weapon and the layout, or a drone and a system, or a weapon and an augment. That way it wouldn't really be a huge disadvantage not knowing everything about the flagship, but would add an element of mystery.

And for the possible decryption events, I was thinking any ONE event would give you ALL of the missing information rather than just more pieces. The idea was for it to just be a small side quest that isn't really too significant if you don't complete it. This way you wouldn't even have to try and decrypt the information more than once.

I suppose the only limitation then would be that you couldn't check the decrypted information at every starting beacon, but I think you can commit two pieces of information to memory. You could even have an explanation in the lore "You congratulate your Engi crew member on cracking the Rebel code, but order it to purge the data. Following security protocols you will commit this information to your own memory."
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:30 am

Sleeper Service wrote:If anyone feels like posting screenshots, please do so! I'd love to see how your individual boss battles looked. :)

Well, since you asked so nicely...

There's an album of boss battles for you. I was using the Hand of Death throughout them. I put my commentary in the filenames because I was lazy.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:56 pm

Neat, thanks a lot. I added in some more varied room layouts and rannl is working on the content separation, so we are getting close to some kind of official release. Please continue letting us know if you notice anything odd.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:20 am

I was playing the worst Engi ship ever during a test run on Normal to see how it could go.
After 2 Happy Birthday events after another (stupid machine thought I was going to sell it... good thing I kept my AP drone. Then after generating a few non-insane avatars I did sell the machine. Then I lost most of them to shield piercing AP guns) I finally got quite a good run and got to the Flagship with a decent arsenal.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x8box ... ictory.rar

The score is that high because I disabled the Rebel Fleet. At some point I will actually play an honest game of CE (Infinite does not count).

I encountered a Flagship quite similar to this one before in another run. Four-man teleporter, Clone Bay. But the weapons were weaker and had no missiles.

Phase 1 was rather easy, although those missiles were annoying, doing two damage each, sometimes setting something on fire.
The teleporter was quickly neutralised by hacking the Clone Bay and smashing it to pieces. And my Zoltans helped I guess with their explosions.

Once the crew was down, my Mantises could mop up.

Phase 2 wasn't that difficult either. My Drone Destroyer would always smash the Combat Drone in a Power Surge so less damage hit the shields. There was a Boarding Drone that instantly smashed into Drone Controls but with my Mantis warriors, it was taken down (although it was midway in the power grid)
They had a Scatter Defense Drone but I never launched a Hacking Module so it was irrelevant.

Phase 3 was a bit worrying as my hull got very low near the end. The Hacking Module would have been a threat if I didn't use my Firewall Plating. Once the shields were down, I hacked Mind Control, had my Mantises hack their missile launcher, followed by shields then forgot to teleport them out once I blew up the Flagship. Oh well, I had a Clone Bay anyway.

It was a fun experience although I do have a few issues:

1) Phase 1 had the Clone Bay, but Phases 2 and 3 did not. Is that possibility randomised or is it always a Medbay?
2) When I cracked the intel open, they said "The secondary weapons are connected to the main body." But unless the Missile Launcher and Lasers were the secondary weapons, they clearly were not connected.
3) The Flak Launcher looked like a high-end Flak Gun but it behaved like 3-shot Flak gun. I don't think I read the intel properly but I think it should be a 7-projectile launcher, so it's actually a threat.

Other than that, I'm going to spin the wheel and see if I can get something else besides "Teleporter and Clones In Phase 1"
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:47 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:I was only thinking something along the lines of just 2-3 pieces of missing information, like a weapon and the layout, or a drone and a system, or a weapon and an augment. That way it wouldn't really be a huge disadvantage not knowing everything about the flagship, but would add an element of mystery.

I think that dividing the info on 3 main parts is good idea. The "repeating" information problem when you get the same info for the second time is some kind of risk (missing data, rumours, pilots that know something from the same place as you - these are the possible reasons). I think this risk would be similar like loosing your crewmember, so there should be some other option to choose. The I idea that I already have is canteen where we can buy some info or talk to pilots.