Flagship Randomizer 1.29 for AE, ACE and ACE Infinite

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
rannl

Re: [Beta Phase] Flagship Randomizer 0.1 for CE

Postby rannl » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:55 pm

Nider_01 wrote:You should also change description for the last phase. It says that enemy crew is leaving the ship while it hasn't teleport system installed :D

Well, I'm sure you'll be happy to help them with the help of you BL2s :twisted:
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:08 pm

Yeah beta testing!!! :lol:

I found out the problem with the cloak images. It's a simple fix, the image canvas just needs to be reduced by a length of 40 and a height of 40. It has an excess "border" of 20 pixels on each size of the image. If I recall this was how it was done pre-AE, but as of AE the cloak image gets reduced by 20 on each side.

I'll let you know if I find anything else! ;)

EDIT: Looking at this, one of the things I like is the fact that it looks like it is pretty simple to add our own stuff. It looks like people may make modules and/or add-ons for this because it's all controlled by the .xml. :) This is so awesome rannl!

EDIT 2: You guys have probably thought about adding events to the Randomizer, like CE did before AE with the hazards. This would also allow the flagship to use combat augs and stuff. Maybe that will come later.

What I wanted to say though before I forget is that it is actually possible to change the events that happen AFTER defeating the Boss on phases 1 and 2, so different things will happen each time instead of the same "Just as you gain the upper hand..." text. You just change <event name="BOSS_ESCAPED"> to <eventList name="BOSS_ESCAPED"> and add different possibilities. So you could have some help come and repair the player's ship for example.
You can also cause what happens after you kill all of the flagships crew to do different things by making BOSS_AUTOMATED into an eventList. Of course with this new tool you could also make it a set thing that just gets randomized.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:21 pm

I wanna see the Flagship with four Chain Vulcan Artilleries.

This is because I am a masochist.
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:58 pm

I am simultaneously terrified and excited. Time to get my ass handed to me by the Flagship >3
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:18 am

Finally got the chance to try out one of these things.

I rolled...Boss Focus Beam, Boss Breach Missile, Boss Hull Missile, and Boss Hull Laser, from left to right.
And I think it had Automated Reloader. With 13 and 16 second cooldowns on the missiles to start with.

I didn't build in advance, and I had a boarding focus....phase 3 steamrolled me with that Zoltan Shield......

I think I'll reroll, thanks. :o
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:44 am

Oh lordy. I rolled Breach Missiles x2, Ion and Beam. Aaaaaaaaaaa time to stock up on ALL THE DRONES (or roll again because that's all fairly normal, so why not)

EDIT: Ahahahaha why. Missiles, Cluster Bomb, Laser, and a shield-piercing Bio-Beam. Note to self, GET CLONING BAY.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:01 am

The second time, I rolled a Swarm Missile Battery, Phase Ion, Ion Flak, and Bio-Beam, from left to right.
It was...it was almost anti-climatically easy, especially compared to the practical hell of the first one. The Helvetica Beam sweeped up all their crew in Phase 1, and the other phases were no threat thanks to my boarding party and its lack of direct damage.
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:33 am

Found a bug for you. The initial opening event to look at the Flagship data seems to overwrite the sector opening event for Infinite, so you don't get the five jump delay on the fleet. Not a major issue, but figured I'd report it anyway.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:56 am

NarnKar wrote:The second time, I rolled a Swarm Missile Battery, Phase Ion, Ion Flak, and Bio-Beam, from left to right.
It was...it was almost anti-climatically easy, especially compared to the practical hell of the first one. The Helvetica Beam sweeped up all their crew in Phase 1, and the other phases were no threat thanks to my boarding party and its lack of direct damage.

To prevent something like this from happening perhaps there can be something that guarantees a minimum number of lethal weapons. Maybe 2 hull damaging weapons at minimum? It is totally possible at the moment to get an ion weapon, a bio beam, and 2 anti-crew lasers, which is really easy to deal with.

I'm thinking that maybe if the minimum number of lethal weapons isn't met then the program could "re-roll" the extra non-lethal weapons until there is a lethal one.
rannl

Postby rannl » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:22 am

Russian Rockman wrote:
NarnKar wrote:The second time, I rolled a Swarm Missile Battery, Phase Ion, Ion Flak, and Bio-Beam, from left to right.

To prevent something like this from happening perhaps there can be something that guarantees a minimum number of lethal weapons. Maybe 2 hull damaging weapons at minimum? It is totally possible at the moment to get an ion weapon, a bio beam, and 2 anti-crew lasers, which is really easy to deal with.

I'm thinking that maybe if the minimum number of lethal weapons isn't met then the program could "re-roll" the extra non-lethal weapons until there is a lethal one.

The tool has support for enforcing no more then X of a specific weapon type.
Currently there can be no more then 2 of each weapon type, with the exception of beams (no more then 1 beam).
I will add another catagory - NHD (No Hull Damage), and will restrict it to no more then 2 NHD weapons.