The Hand of Death et. al. v2.1 [Anti-Bio Cruisers A/B/C]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
NarnKar

Re: [SHIP A+B] The Hand of Death+The Reaper's Scythe

Postby NarnKar » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:58 pm

Oh, that's just cause the cloaking image is white and blue. I didn't have time to do proper blue outlines like the vanilla ships have.

EDIT: Redid these cloaking images. Take a look!

Last edited by NarnKar on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
dmanH4L0

Postby dmanH4L0 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:26 am

every time i load the ship it doesnt have the advanced respirators and the crew always die
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:26 pm

dmanH4L0 wrote:every time i load the ship it doesnt have the advanced respirators and the crew always die

Odd. I assume you're trying to load The Hand of Death.

So if it doesn't have the Advanced Respirators, the O2_MASKS in dlcBlueprints.xml.append is not patching correctly. I'm not sure what could be the cause of that, given that it's worked so far for everyone else in the thread. Check to see if you're playing with things like Captain's Edition, which also rewrite the O2_MASKS; if you're playing with CE on, you'll want to load this mod AFTER CE. If you're playing with AE off, you'll want to turn AE on, because that's where the O2_MASKS data is.

Aside from that, all I can recommend is redownloading the mod and making sure your mod manager is working properly. I'm really sorry I can't be of more help.

If you're trying to load The Reaper's Scythe...that isn't supposed to start with Advanced Respirators. It starts with an Oxygen system, like most ships do. The lore for it is that it's less barbaric, and making your crew serve in an airless environment all the time is too barbaric for the Federation to condone on their official ships.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:13 pm

This ship looks nice however the type B has a bit of a problem with the stripes for my taste.

If you will not be working on it then perhaps I can help? it just kinda bothers me. Especially with the rest of the ship looking so gorgeous :)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:15 pm

Go ahead, R4V3-0N. I'm a terrible artist anyway, so I'd love to see your take on it!

Here's a base .psd, without any markings on the cruiser.
NarnKar

Re: The Hand of Death et. al. v2.0 [Anti-Bio Cruisers A/B/C]

Postby NarnKar » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:41 am

New Type C added: The Hunter's Bow!

The civilian militias listened to the Federation, hearing of their strange new ship and its terrifying pilot. Perhaps they could improve upon its design? They needed something to defend themselves...

Through careful communications tapping, the local milita acquired a blueprint of The Hand of Death, but decided to take a more pragmatic route, replacing the flashy anti-bio beams with more traditional anti-crew lasers. However, unable to replicate the stealth system, the militia instead gave the cruiser a drone system and defensive drones. Renamed The Hunter's Bow, this third anti-bio cruiser launches into battle alongside its two brothers.

The Hunter's Bow
Ship Class: Anti-Bio Cruiser Type C
Mission Codename: Artemis
Mission Priority: Aleph-1-Gamma

This cruiser is the anti-bio variant of the Simo-H, the Stealth Cruiser type C. It features an emphasis on fast weapons and quick fights, using its Artemis to disable systems and lure crew to repair them, then quickly knocking out crew with its Light Auto Lasers.

The Light Auto Laser

Download v2.0 (the most recent version) here.
Replaces the Engi C.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:06 am

Looking good. :D

I like the new look of the ships and stuff. Also the wall of text sure did take quite a bit of effort.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:26 am

I'm thinking about making some more changes to these ships, based on what little I've played, but before I do I want to make sure I'm making the right decision. If someone else has played these ships, please let me know how those runs went! Playtesting would be greatly appreciated.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Huh. The Type C has more downloads than the Type B. I wonder why that is.
NarnKar

Re: The Hand of Death et. al. v2.1 [Anti-Bio Cruisers A/B/C]

Postby NarnKar » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:09 am

Another update! The Anti-Bio Cruisers are now at version 2.1.

I didn't make too many changes. For The Hand Of Death, I didn't make any changes at all, besides changing the version number to keep consistency with the other ships.

For The Reaper's Scythe and The Hunter's Bow, I fixed a little art thing that was bothering me. Here's a diagram.
There's a little bit of machinery that wasn't copied properly onto the other side. Now it is, though. Cloaking + gibs have also been changed to match. If it doesn't bother you too much, then that's all right! You can keep version 2.0 of the Reaper's Scythe, since the art was its only change. On The Hunter's Bow, I brightened up the Militia emblem a little bit too.

The most significant change comes to The Hunter's Bow--its 2 Light Auto Lasers have been combined into one weapon! Its Light Auto Laser is now a 2 power weapon that fires 2 bolts every 4.5 seconds. When I was playing version 2.0 of the Bow, I realized that keeping two signature weapons just wasn't very fun on a 3-slot ship. It didn't scale well to the late-game, because there was effectively only 1 free weapon slot. I didn't want to make the Bow a 4-weapon ship, since that seemed against the spirit of Stealth cruisers; instead, I combined its two weapons into one, making its loadout less restrictive. In the third slot, I put a Burst Laser 1 to help deal with automated ships. Dual Lasers seemed too OP, and I wanted the player to have to choose between Artemis and BLI or Artemis and AutoLaser, since the cruiser only starts with 3 weapons system power.