The Hand of Death et. al. v2.1 [Anti-Bio Cruisers A/B/C]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
el Rago

Re: [SHIP] The Hand of Death

Postby el Rago » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:36 pm

seems like gosts to me. I got boarded a few times, and I did not need to do much, except with ghosts, of course. I found many autoships with micro teleporters that put me though my paces.

I did finish some more runs (BTW, I am using the "standard room" model). Starting is difficult, and I have to let many autoships alive. The Helvetica beam is great, it does increase your loot, which in turn makes upgrades a bit easier. Mind you, not that easy though, at times I found out, at time, I was the richest of the cemetery. The weapons preigniter makes it even more deadly. For later sectors, you need to find a way to disable the shields, fast. Running ships needs to be disable by killing the pilots. unless there is a fire or a breach, the AI will always run to the helm. just keep your gun pointed and kill the guys one by one.

the effectiveness of the beam does wane the closer you get to the last stand. in my opinion it is useless in the final stage and even more so against the flagship.

running wihout O2 is fun!!! I started now a run with the Bravais and when I found respirators at a store, I did not think twice. far more efficient than mantis or AP drones in warding off boarders. you still have to kill the ghosts and the occasional enemy AP drone, but it is worth the price of admission.

this one is a keeper in my book
Sovereighn2280

Postby Sovereighn2280 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:08 pm

dalolorn wrote:Are you sure they weren't ghosts?

I don't have any ghost mods, and I'm unaware of ghosts being added into Lanius Sectors...
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:30 am

Theoretically it could be possible that that particular ship had the same Emergency Respirators augment, causing no suffocation to happen, isn't it? That might have been what happened.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:55 pm

Just finished tweaking some things on this ship; v1.02 should be in the description soon!

EDIT: v1.02 is live and ready to go!

The most important thing to note is that in v1.02, the alternate layout is a "patch" onto the base mod. As such, the base mod must be downloaded, and has to be run after the base ship mod.

This does not apply to v1.01, where the alternate layout can be run separately from the base mod.

Code: Select all

Other Changes:
-Fixed a battery image that intersected with a door
-Changed the Advanced Respirators description to be more explicit that it blocks O2 damage
-Changed the Advanced Respirators price to 110 scrap. It's really good defensively, defending your ship from fire and boarders, so I figured the price should reflect that.
-Changed the hull image to MaeniAck's awesome hull image
-Added more gibs, animations for gibs. However they still use the bright orange paint from v1.01's hull.
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:12 am

In regards to the earlier issue of people not dying to lack of oxygen, I myself actually have had a few events end up like this (including boarders without a ship, so no augments available to them), so that's kind of interesting! And it was with CE, and they were definitely humans, not AI.

It's an interesting thing that can break things a bit with this ship, but I think overall it's more of a "just another thing to avoid" issue than anything else.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:06 pm

The boarders who are mysteriously immune to suffocation...consider them a karmic justification, for all the boarders that suffocated on your ship.

Seriously man those advanced respirators. Best boarding defense.
el Rago

Postby el Rago » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:56 pm

oh boy, I second that statement. I have been using that for other ships as well. Very usefull with the mantis events where you get boarded twice during the same event after destroying a convoy
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Most of the Federation feared the lone engi, but base command was fascinated by its deadly cruiser. They carefully replicated the Hand of Death, repainting it with the Federation colors, but scrapped its Helvetica Beam in favor of something less horrific. Although this version of the Anti-Bio cruiser is less deadly than its predecessor, only the most heartless of crew volunteered to run it. They christened this version The Reaper's Scythe, and sent it off in desperate hopes that it would save the Federation.

The Reaper's Scythe
Ship Class: Anti-Bio Cruiser Type B
Mission Codename: Thanatos
Mission Priority: Aleph-1-Beta

This ship is essentially a Nesasio-flavored Anti-Bio Cruiser, similar to how the original Hand of Death was based on the DA-SR 12. It relies on its Basic Lasers to break shields and disrupt systems, while the Neue Beam can cause breaches that impede enemy repairs.

The Neue Beam

Download v2.0 (the most recent version) here.
Replaces the Engi B.
Last edited by NarnKar on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
FortunaDraken

Re: [SHIP A+B] The Hand of Death+The Reaper's Scythe

Postby FortunaDraken » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:03 am

The orange looks a little flat on the Reaper, but ooooo shiny. I do like~

EDIT: Oh, also. The cloaking seems to be bugged on the Hand of Death? Rather than the fading out the other ships do, the whole ship turns white and blue. It's odd.
NarnKar

Re: [SHIP A+B] The Hand of Death+The Reaper's Scythe

Postby NarnKar » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:58 pm

Oh, that's just cause the cloaking image is white and blue. I didn't have time to do proper blue outlines like the vanilla ships have.

EDIT: Redid these cloaking images. Take a look!

Last edited by NarnKar on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.