The Hand of Death et. al. v2.1 [Anti-Bio Cruisers A/B/C]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
NarnKar

Re: [SHIP] The Hand of Death

Postby NarnKar » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:21 pm

el Rago wrote:so, I give it a spin, and got a weapons preigniter. This makes the ship reeeally OP.

Yep. Sounds about right. The same goes for the Glaive, tbh. Weapon Pre-Igniter makes a LOT of things really OP.

el Rago wrote:second round, found shields, but I noticed it is not manned, even with full crew. seems like the shields are on an empty room, and even if the console is there, it is not active.

Patched in v1.01. In v1.00 I forgot to add a station there.

el Rago wrote:EDIT: found myself boarded. After I killed all the guys, the intruder alert got stuck. This kept the danger activated and I could not go into the system screen

Another door-linking issue. It's best if you downloaded FTL Profile Editor v24, opened up your save, and deleted all intruders.

The door-linking seems to be a bit of a problem, hmm...might be best to upload an alternate version with regular rooms.
el Rago

Postby el Rago » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:26 pm

I was editing my post when you replied.

see how it got fixed

EDIT: Ithink you should change the layout. The crew gets constantly stuck in limbo. last I had 2 guys between the clone bay and the helm. Although it can be fixed with profile editor, It gest tedious ( I had to fix 2 times previous already).

too bad...
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:22 pm

All right, I've added an alternate layout. This one doesn't use any fancy door-linking tricks, so your crew shouldn't get stuck any more.
MaeniAck

Postby MaeniAck » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:02 pm

Holy crap dude, awesome introduction, description and artwork. The weapon looks really cool too, but seems to be very overpowered initially.

One thing with the artwork that seems a bit weird to me is the high contrast between the black of the ship and the very saturated orange. The orange to me it don't quite seem to actually be on the ship, but at the same time it looks like it's almost self-illuminating.

Here a small change to the paint job that, to me at least, would seem more like it was painted on top of the black.

I don't want to intrude, so feel free to ignore my post if I'm suggesting something that isn't along with your vision.
Hope to see more of that quality work of yours. No more flagships ;).
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:10 pm

MaeniAck what are you talking about my flagships are impeccable

MaeniAck wrote:The weapon looks really cool too, but seems to be very overpowered initially.

Maybe it's cause I suck at FTL, but I took serious damage first sector by an automated ship. I had no way to hurt it, because it's crewless, and the engine power is low enough that it takes more than two firing cycles to charge for a jump...cloaked out of the first volley, but the 25 second cooldown on cloaking let the enemy get two more volleys in, and one happened to take out my cloaking, the other my piloting, disrupting evasion and FTL charging. The fact that I only had 1 engi as crew didn't help, and by the time he got both repaired I'd taken another volley.

Again, like the Glaive, it can be OP in the right situations, but it's got some downsides and caveats because of the cruiser it's attached to.

MaeniAck wrote:*discussing the paintjob*

But yeah, one of the things about the orange paintjob was that I directly colorpicked the orange from Rebel ships. It certainly does pop, yes, and I'm debating on whether I like the huge contrast better (BRIGHT COLORS, TAKE WARNING/THE GLOW FORETELLS YOUR DOOM) or the more realistic paintjob you've included.

If I do decide to follow your advice, is it okay if I use the paintjob you've provided?
MaeniAck

Postby MaeniAck » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:45 pm

NarnKar wrote:MaeniAck what are you talking about my flagships are impeccable

MaeniAck wrote:The weapon looks really cool too, but seems to be very overpowered initially.

I took serious damage first sector by an automated ship. I had no way to hurt it, because it's crewless, and the engine power is low enough that it takes more than two firing cycles to charge for a jump...

MaeniAck wrote:*discussing the paintjob*

But yeah, one of the things about the orange paintjob was that I directly colorpicked the orange from Rebel ships. It certainly does pop, yes, and I'm debating on whether I like the huge contrast better (BRIGHT COLORS, TAKE WARNING/THE GLOW FORETELLS YOUR DOOM) or the more realistic paintjob you've included.

If I do decide to follow your advice, is it okay if I use the paintjob you've provided?

Yeah, that's why I said initially as well, because as the game progresses I think the beam becomes less viable, but you do have a fair point towards automated ships as well.

Sure you can use the artwork if you want to. Though I personally like the version I posted previously over this, you could also keep the bright orange and still have it shaded like this:

NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:17 pm

I do like that second hull quite a lot--I think, perhaps, I'll use it in the next patch. Thank you!
Sovereighn2280

Postby Sovereighn2280 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:44 pm

Really upset, I was in the second sector, about 2 jumps in, when I received a boarding event in the lanius sector. It was something about "Damn Lanius think they can absorb half our engines and leave us here," so they were all humans... THEY WEREN'T SUFFOCATING! Killed my sole Engi and destroyed the clone bay. I had managed to get an Ion bomb earlier... Talk about glitches in the matrix...
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:37 am

They weren't suffocating? That's weird. Nothing I can do about it though, sorry to say.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:05 pm

Are you sure they weren't ghosts?