[SHIP] [AE] The Liberator

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
superarmandbros

[SHIP] [AE] The Liberator

Postby superarmandbros » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:26 pm

This ship is called The Liberator. It replaces the Red Tail and is a colour variant of the Zoltan Bomber.

It is a heavily modified Luxury Aircraft from Belvedeer Fleet Systems, designed to bring an end to the rebellion. All of the original components of the ship have been fully upgraded with military equipment.

It is currently in development and feedback is appreciated for balance and weapons.

WARNING: The ship IS compatible with Advanced Edition, and you can buy Advanced Edition WEAPONS, but there is not enough space in the ship for Advanced Edition SYSTEMS. So whatever you do, don't buy these systems in the shop because it will be a waste of your scrap.

That being said, the clone bay is available because it replaces the medbay.

The liberator is compatible regular systems (Teleporter, Drone Control, Cloaking) without any problem.

Here are some of the features:
-9 reactor power at the start.
-3 weapon slots.
-3 drone slots.
-3 human crew.
-Burst Laser Mark II and a Firebeam.
-Zoltan Shield upgrade.
-Titanium System Casing upgrade.

Here is a picture of the ship in game:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/06t9spegwi0df ... 0.png?dl=0

Here is the Download Link:
The Liberator v1.1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r04uhcn3x7rczvm/The%20Liberator.ftl?dl=0

CHANGELIST:
-1.1 Minor bug fixes and tweaking
-1.0 Initial release
Last edited by superarmandbros on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
MaxMillionare

Re: Ship Mod: The Liberator [WIP]

Postby MaxMillionare » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:38 pm

not bad, I like the color scheme :D
zeloft

Re: [SHIP] [AE] The Liberator

Postby zeloft » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:23 pm

I really like it, but there's one problem. The person in the captain seat can't walk out, and people can't go in. When you open the door leading out, his air drains. I really want to use this ship, so I really hope that you can fix it! :?
superarmandbros

Postby superarmandbros » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:47 pm

I'm working on a fix, and possibly a few more tweaks for this ship. It's been quite a while since I made this ship and frankly I'm quite surprised it made it on the Master Mod List :D
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:13 pm

As part of the "fix" could you make it compatible with AE Systems (or add space for them somehow. Or stack them?) As in, don't force me to use Drone Control :P
superarmandbros

Postby superarmandbros » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:46 pm

The Liberator v1.1 is here! Bugs are fixed, but let me know if they are still there as I only tested this on one computer.
As for AE systems compatibility, I would love to, but adding 3 extra rooms to this design would make the ship look hideously ugly. Adding 1x1 rooms might fix the aesthetics of the ship, but then space vacuum would look buggy.
I'll keep working on it and try to make AE systems compatible in a future update.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:38 pm

superarmandbros wrote:The Liberator v1.1 is here! Bugs are fixed, but let me know if they are still there as I only tested this on one computer.
As for AE systems compatibility, I would love to, but adding 3 extra rooms to this design would make the ship look hideously ugly. Adding 1x1 rooms might fix the aesthetics of the ship, but then space vacuum would look buggy.
I'll keep working on it and try to make AE systems compatible in a future update.

Well, clonebay should be easy enough to add since you can make it use the same room as medbay.
If you really don't want to add an extra room, it might be wise to set the price for the other systems to like 500 scrap or something, wouldn't be the first time I had that happen. And yes, not seeing the upgrade prices when buying is a clear indicator that it won't work but still.
And you can always resort to 1x1 rooms. They look ugly as hell when they get run out of O2 but you can always incorporate the low oxygen warnings mod to circumvent it.
People like options...
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.