[MOD] Disable Fleet (FTL file)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
el Rago

Re: [MOD] Disable Fleet (FTL file)

Postby el Rago » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi

I have been using this with CE, and for some reason I cannot change the amount of turns the fleet is delayed. as per default, the mod puts 10.000 turns (efectively disabeling). I have tried to alter it to less (say 30) but then CE defaults it to 5 every jump. after that, I cannot disable the 5 turn anymore, unless I delete the profile.

what I am doing wrong? I wood like to delay the fleet more than CE but less than the mod does.

tnx
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:43 pm

Have you tried putting the file after CE: Infinite? Because one will override the other.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:02 am

This mod only delays at the start of the game and the start of civilian* sectors.

*vanilla civilian, not CE civilian

If you want to delay more than the 5 jumps that CE Infinite provides, then you need to edit the CE Infinite addon.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
el Rago

Postby el Rago » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:45 am

Thanks Stylerj. I will see if that is it.

Rad-82, I do not think that is it. As you can see, I do use CE infinite, not vanilla. This will cause at the start the big delay, and then CE inf takes over providing 5 every sector jump

I did edit this mod but, then CE inf takes over completely
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:56 pm

You seem to have misunderstood what I was saying, but that doesn't really matter.

Here is how someone else states it:
Metzelmax wrote:Disable fleet mod doesnt work correctly anyway. Since Every time a event changes the pursuit (+or-) it simply overwrites the previous one, you would loose the delay he made on the start beacon anyway.

To make this mod work correctly you'd need to remove all appearances of "modifyPursuit" within all events.

My solution of editing the CE Infinite files still stand, because that is where your problem is occurring. You have to go through all the event files to find all of the events used at the start of each sector and replace that 5 jump delay with what you want.

Late edit that won't actually be seen since the issue has passed:
It sounds like what Metzelmax says here is wrong. The actual issue may be related to what el Rago said:
"I have tried to alter it to less (say 30)"
This pretty much goes with what I said earlier:
"This mod only delays at the start of the game and the start of civilian sectors."
Last edited by RAD-82 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
el Rago

Postby el Rago » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:06 pm

thanks, I understand now
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:59 pm

Wait, so if I disable the fleet for 10000 jumps and then a new event pops up later on that delays it for 5, wouldn't it just add an extra 5 jump delay and not get rid of my 10000 jump advantage?

Because I've been victim to letting Rebel forward scouts escape during my time with the 10000 jump advantage and nothing seems to happen. Then I encounter those events where I gain time and nothing seems to happen to my advantage.
WildWolfofDark

Postby WildWolfofDark » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:44 pm

stylesrj wrote:Wait, so if I disable the fleet for 10000 jumps and then a new event pops up later on that delays it for 5, wouldn't it just add an extra 5 jump delay and not get rid of my 10000 jump advantage?

Because I've been victim to letting Rebel forward scouts escape during my time with the 10000 jump advantage and nothing seems to happen. Then I encounter those events where I gain time and nothing seems to happen to my advantage.

It's an addition to the starting 10,000 jumps. So in otherwords 10,005
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:14 pm

WildWolfofDark wrote:
It's an addition to the starting 10,000 jumps. So in otherwords 10,005

That's what I figured. So wouldn't it mean every new sector is an additional 5 jumps? So as long as the delay fleet mod is put after CE: Infinite, it should be fine.
DrF3lix

Postby DrF3lix » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:21 pm

No fleet means you can get A LOT more done. I just did a Kestrel B run and I unlocked 4 ships! (Mantis, Lanius, Stealth, and Federation)

Ps: Yeah I know the lanius show up automatically when you have 4 ships but 4 new ships in a run sounds more impressive.
:ugeek: