**FIXED** Patching Failure Slipstream Mod Manager (v1.4)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
LazyChocolate

**FIXED** Patching Failure Slipstream Mod Manager (v1.4)

Postby LazyChocolate » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:54 pm

Hello,
I wanted to install the Infinite Space mod, so I downloaded the mod manager and the .ftl file for the mod. I ran the mod manager as an administrator (just to make sure nothing like this would happen), selected the mod and clicked "Patch". It did it's thing for a minute or two, but then an error message came up saying: "Patching failed: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream".
I have no idea what this means, I'm not a programmer.
Can someone help?
P.S: I apologise if this was posted in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where to put it.
Last edited by LazyChocolate on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamer52599

Re: ERROR: Patching Failure Slipstream Mod Manager (v1.4)

Postby gamer52599 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:29 am

didn't you know infinite space isn't updated to ae until it is try ce infinite its the closest thing we have
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:01 am

gamer52599 wrote:didn't you know infinite space isn't updated to ae

There is an AE-compatible version available. It tries to stay close to the pre-AE version, so you shouldn't ever see an enemy with an AE system, although they can have the new AE weapons.

As for LazyChocolate's ERROR, I have no idea... :?
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Apotheosis

Postby Apotheosis » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:57 am

I would update your Java drivers and relocate all your ftl files to the desktop, not your save files though. That way if any read only problems are occurring you can get around them. I would update your graphics card as well. When you update don't just look for a new update, a lot of times people press search online, find nothing, and then not follow up by resetting the driver. You can do this by looking for new drivers, but instead choose a driver you already have and repatch it. If you don't know how to update a driver, search device manager and choose a system to update. Are you on a MAC? It might be something to do with permissions or a problem with your registry or system possessing a line of code.
LazyChocolate

Postby LazyChocolate » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:57 am

I would update your graphics card as well.

I have been told to do this for fixing every problem that has occurred when playing a game (actually, maybe not quite every). While I know this is a major problem with both my desktop and my laptop, I cannot fix it. I really don't know how to. My laptop runs on Windows Vista, so... yeah. The graphics card I have (on the desktop) is an Intel G41 Express Chipset. I would post my full dxdiag, but I don't know how to insert a spoiler.
As for moving my FTL files to the desktop, I don't actually know where the files are. I'll search my entire computer in a moment, though.
I'll also check the AE thingy-bob and see if that works.
LazyChocolate

Re: **FIXED** Patching Failure Slipstream Mod Manager (v1.4)

Postby LazyChocolate » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:10 am

Okay, I tried the AE thing - and it works! The sound won't come on, though :'( Sound is the most important thing in a game for me.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:19 am

gamer52599 wrote:didn't you know infinite space isn't updated to ae until it is try ce infinite its the closest thing we have

Not everyone is aware of everything that's going on at the forums all the time, and LazyChocolate happens to have registered only yesterday... There's no need to be rude ;)

As for the problem itself...
LazyChocolate wrote:Patching failed: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

...This means that the file was shorter than the manager thought it was. Could mean that the file you've downloaded is damaged somehow, or is not actually a zip file. Either redownload it, or give CE+EL a shot, as has been suggested

LazyChocolate wrote:Okay, I tried the AE thing - and it works! The sound won't come on, though :'( Sound is the most important thing in a game for me.

Check options to make sure that sound sliders aren't at 0 (happened to me all too often) / restart FTL / restart your computer
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
LazyChocolate

Postby LazyChocolate » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:47 pm

kartoFlane wrote:Check options to make sure that sound sliders aren't at 0 (happened to me all too often) / restart FTL / restart your computer

I tried that as soon as I realised the sound was broken - it didn't work!
And yes, I also tried checking my sound hardware devices to make sure the volume wasn't turned down on them - it was at max.
The volume slider on the actual computer was maxed, and it still didn't work.

Also, why do pirate ships appear as giant yellow exclamation mark warning signs?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:06 pm

LazyChocolate wrote:Also, why do pirate ships appear as giant yellow exclamation mark warning signs?

Huh. That means that the game archives got corrupt somehow. Which might also explain why there's no sound (sound files are broken, as well)
Check this post for solution.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL