[SHIP] Obsidian Cruiser v1.3

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
English Narwhal

Re: [MOD] Obsidian Cruiser v1.3

Postby English Narwhal » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:56 pm

RAD-82 wrote:I think I'll play this ship tomorrow. I was going to play the banana ship. :P .

I have successfully spread the use of the name "bananaship"! Yay!
Kieve

Re: [SHIP] Obsidian Cruiser v1.3

Postby Kieve » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:45 am

rapdactyl wrote:Are there any plans to update this for AE?

Plans, yes. Progress, not so much.
rapdactyl

Postby rapdactyl » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:58 am

Kieve wrote:
rapdactyl wrote:Are there any plans to update this for AE?

Plans, yes. Progress, not so much.

Okay, thank you. I don't have a lot of time to game, so as much as I love FTL, dumping hours into runs just to die pointlessly is really frustrating. Always appreciated the Obsidian Cruiser because I don't seem to get fucked over as hard when I'm flying it vs other ships. :3
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Figured I could at least share the current AE-update plans:
  • Singularity Projector converted to artillery. Now that we can do custom artillery per ship, without botching the Fed Cruiser, I can revisit the decision to make the SP a weapon. I'd initially wanted to do it as artillery and scrapped the idea because of the above limitation. The hull will get a slight tweak, to convert the cannon-looking assembly on the starboard (lower) pylon into the SP itself, rather than decorative greeble.
  • Drone/Hacking facilities will share room ID. Both systems use drone parts, so making this an either/or choice feels right to me. Have not fully tested this yet, but as with the Clone/Med bay, I expect them to overwrite each other.
  • Custom Crystal crew layers. For anyone who's read the story behind the Retribution, the two Crystals are Quartz and Eliza. Quartz is described as having a sort of crystal "mohawk." Thanks to the crew layers, I can actually do that now. Yay for unique crew! Also, "Obsidian" crew were a requested feature previously, but again not one I could manage without overwriting the original Crystals. Now I can.
  • Pulse Disruptor will fire AOE. In its current form it's just a BL2 with 1-layer shield-piercing, that costs an extra energy bar to use. The AOE option you get from Flak mean I can also make it "less accurate" and finally set it apart from the BL2. *Note: for those who like it just fine as-is, the "AE Content Disabled" version will retain the current Disruptor blueprints.

No ETA as I'm not working actively on this for the moment, but that's most of what you can expect for the AE upgrade to this old beast.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:08 pm

Kieve wrote:Drone/Hacking facilities will share room ID. Both systems use drone parts, so making this an either/or choice feels right to me. Have not fully tested this yet, but as with the Clone/Med bay, I expect them to overwrite each other.

Sorry to disappoint. :(

Clone/Med bay are hard-coded to overwrite each other, even when assigned to different rooms. Other systems will just stack on each other. The only time I would recommend using the same room ID for systems is when the ship starts with 7 systems, so there is no chance for the missing systems to overlap when using the same room.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:18 pm

Damn it. Then again, I should know better than to expect FTL to behave in logical ways.
Honestly, was trying to avoid a scenario in which every single room ends up with a system in it, but at least it's not critical to my update plans.
captaincannibal

Postby captaincannibal » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:10 pm

Great to hear about some progress. This was my favorite ship back when it was released. Keep up the great work!
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:33 am

Why have I not done anything with this yet? AE came out eons ago! :(
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:36 am

Kieve wrote:Why have I not done anything with this yet? AE came out eons ago! :(

Yeah I'd like to replay this, it was one of the ships that got me big on Youtube ^_^
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
el Rago

Postby el Rago » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:36 am

me too. this was one of my favorites as well.

come on Kieve, need a new ship :)