[Ship][AE] No Oxygen in Lanius B, CE compatible version

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Jopyth
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 5:15 am

[Ship][AE] No Oxygen in Lanius B, CE compatible version

Postby Jopyth » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:03 am

Removes the oxygen system from the starting lineup of the lanius cruiser layout B. This should make it even more unique, although it is possible to purchase an oxygen system, if you find one.

I made two versions one for players who use CE like me, and one for players who play the vanilla version of the game. The removal of the oxygen system is balanced differently for both versions, see details below.

I tried to make this mod highly compatible with any other mods by using the advanced tag modifying system from Slipstream manager. It replaces the crew, modifies the oxygen system start value, and adds/removes augments.

Vanilla version
Download: No Oxygen in Lanius B 1.0.ftl
To compensate the cruiser gets a 3rd and 4th Lanius crew member, instead of the human crew member, but the Emergenc Respirators augment is removed.

Details:
- Oxygen System removed
- Human Crew member replaced with two Lanius crew members
- Removed Emergency Respirators

Image

Captain's Edition version
Download: CE No Oxygen in Lanius B 1.0.ftl
Base mod: Captains Edition needed (it's a great mod!), place in the load order below CE

To compensate the cruiser gets a 3rd Lanius crew member, instead of the AI avatar, and an AI avatar generator as an additional augment.

Details:
- Oxygen System removed
- AI Avatar Crew member replaced with Lanius crew member
- Added starting augment AI Avatar Generator

Image
Vortex Modworks
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 7:49 pm

Re: [Ship][AE] No Oxygen in Lanius B, CE compatible version

Postby Vortex Modworks » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:05 am

Is this ship mod really necessary? :?

If players wanted to remove the oxygen system they could've just set the 'true' in '<oxygen power="1" room="1" start="true" img="room_oxygen_2" />' and set it to 'false'. Same goes for the Lanius crew, just change the 2 anaerobic crew to 4.

Doing that would be faster than downloading and installing this mod... This just seems kind of, pointless. :|
Image
Russian Rockman
Posts: 819
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Re: [Ship][AE] No Oxygen in Lanius B, CE compatible version

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:42 pm

Vortex Modworks wrote:Is this ship mod really necessary? :?

If players wanted to remove the oxygen system they could've just set the 'true' in '<oxygen power="1" room="1" start="true" img="room_oxygen_2" />' and set it to 'false'. Same goes for the Lanius crew, just change the 2 anaerobic crew to 4.

Doing that would be faster than downloading and installing this mod... This just seems kind of, pointless. :|


No mod is "pointless". Not everyone is as fortunate as us to know how to mod. The majority of people would have no idea how to go about removing oxygen on a ship or adding crew members. In fact a lot of ship modders only ever use superluminal and never touch the .xml. :ugeek:
Jopyth
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 5:15 am

Re: [Ship][AE] No Oxygen in Lanius B, CE compatible version

Postby Jopyth » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:53 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:
Vortex Modworks wrote:Is this ship mod really necessary? :?

If players wanted to remove the oxygen system they could've just set the 'true' in '<oxygen power="1" room="1" start="true" img="room_oxygen_2" />' and set it to 'false'. Same goes for the Lanius crew, just change the 2 anaerobic crew to 4.

Doing that would be faster than downloading and installing this mod... This just seems kind of, pointless. :|


No mod is "pointless". Not everyone is as fortunate as us to know how to mod. The majority of people would have no idea how to go about removing oxygen on a ship or adding crew members. In fact a lot of ship modders only ever use superluminal and never touch the .xml. :ugeek:
Exactly my thought.

@Vortext Modworks: And I even disagree that you would be faster, for me downloading 2 Kb and putting an .ftl file in the right folder takes 10 seconds (one time!), and then with one click in Slipstream I can switch it on and off, and also switch between the CE version of the game and the non-CE version. I like both versions of the game (CE and without CE), I would like you seeing editing the xml file each time.

Its convenient, and thanks to the advanced tags from Slipstream it basically does exactly what you would do by hand, just faster. If you have any constructive criticism please post that instead.
Last edited by Jopyth on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Estel
Posts: 464
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:03 am

Re: [Ship][AE] No Oxygen in Lanius B, CE compatible version

Postby Estel » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:44 am

Off-topic request - please refrain from abusing word "troll" (in any form) in dubious circumstances. While I also completely disagree with Vortex, I think that hitting the T word every second corner is not funny, IMO. He made his point and reinforced it with some arguments, without calling names. Agree or (like me) disagree, but accept that he had right to say/view it this way.

/Estel
Jopyth
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 5:15 am

Re: [Ship][AE] No Oxygen in Lanius B, CE compatible version

Postby Jopyth » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:01 am

Estel wrote:Off-topic request - please refrain from abusing word "troll" (in any form) in dubious circumstances. While I also completely disagree with Vortex, I think that hitting the T word every second corner is not funny, IMO. He made his point and reinforced it with some arguments, without calling names. Agree or (like me) disagree, but accept that he had right to say/view it this way.

/Estel

Yes, sir.
Vortex Modworks
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 7:49 pm

Re: [Ship][AE] No Oxygen in Lanius B, CE compatible version

Postby Vortex Modworks » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:50 pm

Yeah, sorry, I guess people that don't know how to mod at all could find this useful, and you went through the trouble of making a vanilla and CE version, that's also a nice touch.
Image
aftereight
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:44 pm

Re: [Ship][AE] No Oxygen in Lanius B, CE compatible version

Postby aftereight » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:47 pm

Nice looking :)

Found out about my problem, doing some research pays of :)
R136a1
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:09 am

Re: [Ship][AE] No Oxygen in Lanius B, CE compatible version

Postby R136a1 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:38 pm

I need a Mediafire download link, trying to access dropbox.com gives me a SSL Connection Error. And don't give me that "Try and fix it" bullcrap. I've tried, every single "fix" doesn't work.
Hans_Frischdampf
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:11 pm

Re: [Ship][AE] No Oxygen in Lanius B, CE compatible version

Postby Hans_Frischdampf » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:50 pm

Hey man. I am desperately looking your mod. Any chance you could reupload it? Would be really really appreciated. Thanks!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests