[SHIP][AE] The Acerbus

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Anthonest

[SHIP][AE] The Acerbus

Postby Anthonest » Tue May 27, 2014 9:14 am

This is the Acerbus cruiser. The deal is, is that Rocks captured a Federation ship and turned it into this, adding rare crystals to the armor, etc. It was recaptured by the Federation but there was no time for repainting or repairs because of the rebellion and was immediately put into service. It was damaged in the recapture so that's why it has low reactor power and low system power. Its weapons include the Glaive Beams big brother the Matter Eraser Beam and the Diablo Railgun. Both with custom sounds. Due to the crystal armor in some places, it has a strong hull.

Description:
Advanced Federation Ship captured by Rock cultists and modified with rare super-hard glowing crystals. Recaptured but with no time for recoloring or repairs with coming rebellion.

This ship may be lacking in other systems, but it has some seriously crazy weaponry. The Matter Eraser Beam can does 3 damage and has a 5 chance for breeches because well... it cuts through matter. Also it pretty deadly on flesh, humans are matter too. The Diablo pierces all shields as well.

Systems
•Pilot: I
•Sensors: I
•Doors: I
•Weapons: IV
•Engines: I
•Shields: II
•Life Support: I
•Medbay: I

Weapons

Matter Eraser Beam: Horrifying weapon feared throughout the galaxy, created by madmen. Erases pure solid matter on contact with the beam. A powerful but slow beam that deals 3 damage in a short line with a high chance of breaches and crew kills. Requires 4 power.

Diablo Railgun: Powers a projectile forward with magnetic energy at amazing speeds. Fires a single shot, heavy projectile that does 2 damage and causes breaches in the target's hull, pierces all shields. Requires 2 power.

Crew

•Human x2
•Mantis x1
•Zoltan x1

Augments

•None

Download Version 1.2

Code: Select all

Changelog

1.1 Added Gibs, Updated Weapons

1.0 Initial Release

Youtube

•None Yet

Additional Info

Check out the Arcadian War mod collaboration with me R4V0-0N and Ginger Dragon! Its a complete game overhaul and we have already made a ton of progress. Check it out

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozm38c5ksxzvt77/The%20Acerbus.ftl?dl=0
Last edited by Anthonest on Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Mranth0ny62

Re: [AE][SHIP] The Acerbus

Postby Mranth0ny62 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:08 pm

This hull is sexy!
Plague Courier Six

Re: [SHIP][AE] The Acerbus

Postby Plague Courier Six » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:43 pm

It's extremely satisfying when one can be lucky enough to arm their ship with two or four diablos though I never seem to run into a matter eraser when I run into a Diablo.
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:47 am

Plague Courier Six wrote:It's extremely satisfying when one can be lucky enough to arm their ship with two or four diablos though I never seem to run into a matter eraser when I run into a Diablo.

Its because it has the same rarity as a glaive. Besides, it costs 150 scrap.
MaxMillionare

Postby MaxMillionare » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:27 am

well i had the matter ereaser and then i found a pre igniter and a scatter flak and then i bent the flagship over and had my way with him :lol:
Estel

Postby Estel » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Nice looking ship hull, but I strongly dislike how overpowered it is :( Also, whats the matter with all custom ships having unique weapons? It's likely getting old to always fire the amazing, only-one-in-galaxy stuff. Even the OP thing aside.

/Estel
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:32 pm

Estel wrote:Nice looking ship hull, but I strongly dislike how overpowered it is :( Also, whats the matter with all custom ships having unique weapons? It's likely getting old to always fire the amazing, only-one-in-galaxy stuff. Even the OP thing aside.

/Estel

It actually not overpowered at all, perhaps your just a good player. I've had multiple people beta this for me and told me its not OP, I've play tested this myself several times, it played like a regular ship for me.
Electrolf

Postby Electrolf » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:22 pm

I would love to download it.. but the Link is broken! but it looks awesome. <3
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:59 am

Estel wrote:Nice looking ship hull, but I strongly dislike how overpowered it is :( Also, whats the matter with all custom ships having unique weapons? It's likely getting old to always fire the amazing, only-one-in-galaxy stuff. Even the OP thing aside.

/Estel

Because using vanilla weapons gets older fast. The normal vanilla ships already uses nearly every combination possible
and if it uses better weapons then how could you balance that?

Tell me how to balance a ship with a vulcan and a firebeam without it being OP or to UP to even get past sector 1 on easy?

Mostly seen by download counts the ships that are new in graphics and have some systems differently then normal ships they often have the least downloads compared to a ship that is just a vanilla ship with different weapons.
(only time where this isn't the case is when the ship is themed on a enemy ship that isn't for player use ie mantis fighter, engi bomber, etc.)

I personally ever release custom weapon ships these days as a way to force people to test out my weapons for my overhaul mod without them knowing as well as test the limitations of modding in preparation :D
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:02 am

Electrolf wrote:I would love to download it.. but the Link is broken! but it looks awesome. <3

I'll forward the message to him to fix it.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.