[AE] InventorRaccoon's Shipyard

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
BrenTenkage

Re: [AE] InventorRaccoon's Shipyard

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon May 26, 2014 7:28 pm

hey dude, both downloads are the lanius miner, I wnted to download the updated Barrager
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 26, 2014 7:38 pm

InventorRaccoon wrote:1. I am currently removing the sticky-outy back parts, where O2, Engines and Battery were. O2 is moving to the front, so is Battery, and engines is now where Drones used to be, and Drones is underneath Artillery. Also, where artillery used to be is removed, and the other part on the other side of the ship, where Cloaking used to be are being removed, and those are being put next to Piloting.

2. I am nerfing it to level 2. This ship was designed to be used drones and artillery together. I will change the beam to be different once Superluminal adds that in. Don't worry about that part.

3. I'm not really sure, I want to make a giant auto-ship that is designed to not use crew (like the Auto-Cruiser but with Slug-Repair Gel) and use drones, and I want to make a ship that has two auto-scouts/assaults as part of the hull, each with their own systems. I also want to try and make a group of auto-things as a ship. First idea is not going to work right now because I can't splice at all to make the hull, and second idea and third won't work because it's hard to get the drone sizes right so I can put rooms in them.

I could just get someone else to do the hull images though.

Good Job!!! I hope you are happy with those changes though. You shouldn't change anything just cuz I said so...

Only other suggestion I have would be remove the airlock rooms connected to the engines and shields and move the AirLocks somewhere else. Here is why... The back rooms would then be even more isolated from the rest of the ship. They would only have one entrance and exit, the remaining rooms connected to the engines and shields room. I like how the weapons room isn't connected to the engines and shields and so that is what gave me that idea. ;)

As far as the Beam weapon on the Lanius ship I could make a special artillery weapon for you! Just tell me what you want. I'm not sure if Superluminal will ever support creating your own artillery.
InventorRaccoon

Postby InventorRaccoon » Mon May 26, 2014 7:49 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:
InventorRaccoon wrote:1. I am currently removing the sticky-outy back parts, where O2, Engines and Battery were. O2 is moving to the front, so is Battery, and engines is now where Drones used to be, and Drones is underneath Artillery. Also, where artillery used to be is removed, and the other part on the other side of the ship, where Cloaking used to be are being removed, and those are being put next to Piloting.

2. I am nerfing it to level 2. This ship was designed to be used drones and artillery together. I will change the beam to be different once Superluminal adds that in. Don't worry about that part.

3. I'm not really sure, I want to make a giant auto-ship that is designed to not use crew (like the Auto-Cruiser but with Slug-Repair Gel) and use drones, and I want to make a ship that has two auto-scouts/assaults as part of the hull, each with their own systems. I also want to try and make a group of auto-things as a ship. First idea is not going to work right now because I can't splice at all to make the hull, and second idea and third won't work because it's hard to get the drone sizes right so I can put rooms in them.

I could just get someone else to do the hull images though.

Good Job!!! I hope you are happy with those changes though. You shouldn't change anything just cuz I said so...

As far as the Beam weapon on the Lanius ship I could make a special artillery weapon for you! Just tell me what you want. I'm not sure if Superluminal will ever support creating your own artillery.

Oh, great. Thanks a lot!

I'm actually pretty happy with those changes. I thought 'eh, I don't have any real weapon stuffs, so I'll just put this beam on', while forgetting how much pain the Vindicator Beam brings.

Superluminal2 has a section for artillery, so I presume that will be added, but in the meantime I'll love one from you.

How about a beam that has 2 hull breach chance, deals 1 damage, is slower than the Vindicator, but goes further? Give it the same charge and cost and everything else, just change the effects of the beam.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue May 27, 2014 12:23 pm

[quote="InventorRaccoon"How about a beam that has 2 hull breach chance, deals 1 damage, is slower than the Vindicator, but goes further? Give it the same charge and cost and everything else, just change the effects of the beam.[/quote]

Alright I'll do that when I get a chance. I'll make it slower than the Vindicator and replace the fire chance with a breach chance. Are you sure you want it to go even farther though? The two beam drones are pretty powerful already. I thought making it a bit shorter and giving it a breach chance of about %30 would be fun. Whatever you want though. You have to come up with a name too! ;). And would you like the beam to be a different color to match the ship?
InventorRaccoon

Postby InventorRaccoon » Tue May 27, 2014 3:32 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:[quote="InventorRaccoon"How about a beam that has 2 hull breach chance, deals 1 damage, is slower than the Vindicator, but goes further? Give it the same charge and cost and everything else, just change the effects of the beam.

Alright I'll do that when I get a chance. I'll make it slower than the Vindicator and replace the fire chance with a breach chance. Are you sure you want it to go even farther though? The two beam drones are pretty powerful already. I thought making it a bit shorter and giving it a breach chance of about %30 would be fun. Whatever you want though. You have to come up with a name too! ;). And would you like the beam to be a different color to match the ship?[/quote]
Just make it slightly longer, like 10% or something. Just so it would be more likely to span bigger ships, and make it orange if you could, to match the colour of the ship itself.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed May 28, 2014 3:16 am

InventorRaccoon wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:[quote="InventorRaccoon"How about a beam that has 2 hull breach chance, deals 1 damage, is slower than the Vindicator, but goes further? Give it the same charge and cost and everything else, just change the effects of the beam.

Alright I'll do that when I get a chance. I'll make it slower than the Vindicator and replace the fire chance with a breach chance. Are you sure you want it to go even farther though? The two beam drones are pretty powerful already. I thought making it a bit shorter and giving it a breach chance of about %30 would be fun. Whatever you want though. You have to come up with a name too! ;). And would you like the beam to be a different color to match the ship?

Just make it slightly longer, like 10% or something. Just so it would be more likely to span bigger ships, and make it orange if you could, to match the colour of the ship itself.[/quote]

Let me know when it is done and the download is up, I'l like to play it when it is ^_^
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
InventorRaccoon

Postby InventorRaccoon » Wed May 28, 2014 2:39 pm

BrenTenkage wrote:
InventorRaccoon wrote:

Just make it slightly longer, like 10% or something. Just so it would be more likely to span bigger ships, and make it orange if you could, to match the colour of the ship itself.

Let me know when it is done and the download is up, I'l like to play it when it is ^_^[/quote]
Okay, I'll just be waiting until Russian Rockman gives me the code and files and other stuff, then I'll add it in.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSpkqwK8ZCY nice to go back with some classics
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwOrNwvy9oM also decided to play the other one, seriously make more mods