[MOD]Detailed Crew Portrait Graphics

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
LordTrilobite

[MOD]Detailed Crew Portrait Graphics

Postby LordTrilobite » Sat May 10, 2014 11:20 pm

Detailed Crew Portrait Graphics Version 1.1

This is a small graphics mod that changes the icons of the crew in the crew menu and the hangar menu. It replaces the topdown icons with portraits. The actual ingame sprites of the crew on the ships is unchanged though.

Note that even though much of the crew sprites remains the same, it replaces all the files of the crew sprites and is thus not compatible with other mods that change crew sprites.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/75251s7zd5o4doa/Detailed_Crew_Portrait_Graphics_1.1.ftl

Screenshot:

Last edited by LordTrilobite on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image - Image
FtDLulz

Re: [MOD]Detailed Crew Portrait Graphics

Postby FtDLulz » Sun May 11, 2014 12:01 am

I saw this in Mod Development, glad it's out! You can be sure I'll be using this.

Also, does this have a Crystal portrait?
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun May 11, 2014 2:34 am

This is freaking awesome!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: What a great idea. :)

And it seems like this works dynamically so that the portraits match the crew. Very nice work!
I would love it if you got this working with other mods like CE which adds additional color variants.

The only nit pick I have is that the female human's face seems to be so much smaller than the male variant, which i understand, but it seems like it could be a little more detailed if it were a few pixels larger.

Also, i know you modeled the male one after Nathan Filion, which explains the smug look. ;) Did you model the female variant after someone?
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Sun May 11, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Sun May 11, 2014 9:04 am

Yes, it includes a crystal portrait, and yes, the portraits match the the crew colours.
Image - Image
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun May 11, 2014 10:59 am

Awesome, even though I would like the mantis to have a bit bigger eyes or have mandibles. etc.

BUT enough nit picking, it's awesome!
I wounder if it is possible to do one for ghosts? I think it shares the same one with human sadly =C
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun May 11, 2014 11:49 am

Russian Rockman wrote:And it seems like this works dynamically so that the portraits match the crew. Very nice work!
I would love it if you got this working with other mods like CE which adds additional color variants.

It actually does work already, cause the crew portraits made here have the required layers. Some other stuff that CE changed is interfering though. Further the human portray skin layer is semi transparent, so changes don't take so much effect there.

As you might expect I love the hell out of this mod, very well done so far. And I would very much aim to get CE to be compatible with it, probably by making a compatibility patch myself at some point.

Further it would also be possible to integrate your mod directly into CE, of course only if you agree to that. You would receive full credit for your work and it would probably reach many more people this way, but its completely up to you. A compatibility patch will do pretty much do the same trick, integration will just be slightly more convenient for the CE player, and no longer leaves them a choice but to glance at you beautiful portraits. ;)
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Sun May 11, 2014 2:44 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:As you might expect I love the hell out of this mod, very well done so far. And I would very much aim to get CE to be compatible with it, probably by making a compatibility patch myself at some point.

Further it would also be possible to integrate your mod directly into CE, of course only if you agree to that. You would receive full credit for your work and it would probably reach many more people this way, but its completely up to you. A compatibility patch will do pretty much do the same trick, integration will just be slightly more convenient for the CE player, and no longer leaves them a choice but to glance at you beautiful portraits. ;)

Hm, it would reach a lot more people that way, which is good. But most people won't actually read the discriptions.
I guess that if you credit me and link to this thread it would be okay to properly integrate it into CE. So go ahead, you have my permission.
Image - Image
Blackbow

Postby Blackbow » Sun May 11, 2014 8:50 pm

rly great job it give a bit more life in the game
just small detail i'm not a big fan of rockman design, if it could look a bit more like a rock with sharper edge maybe...
just question of taste ... anyway good job bro
Sark

Postby Sark » Sun May 11, 2014 10:23 pm

I love it, excellent work!