[MOD] Stations Job 1.21

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu May 08, 2014 1:03 am

Sleeper Service wrote:
stargateprovider wrote:Wow, I didn't know that. I had no idea on the enemies either so thanks for the tip, but how exactly do I make the blue options so that no matter how many system power I have, only one choice appears? Because if I have 9 system power, won't the optons for 1 ,3 and 5 power bars also appear?

You can check some vanilla events to see how that works. Some events have different blue options for each level of cloaking or hacking for example, but there is a tag that makes only one of the option appear. If you do not control enemy scaling somehow yourself, then enemies won't get stronger at all. The player would be forced to continuously fight sector one enemies.

I didn't know that either, about the forcing of blue options, it was technically possible before AE, but not in the same way. That could be very useful! Now you could implement those 3 way crew conversations in CE people were requesting a long time ago, that would be just freaking awesome.

Blue options seems like the best way to go for scaling but I'm not sure what I could be connected too... Perhaps it could be connected to engines! You could just upgrade that for a minimal amount when you're ready to fight stronger enemies and thus get higher rewards. :D

I didn't know you actually needed engines and piloting to press the Wait button, but it makes sense. I would say you should just have every event disable engines and give the ship only 1 starting engine power. After the event is over they will come back online and you can press wait, but that will keep your station from "dodging" since that doesn't quite make sense on a station. (Stealth makes you go into another dimension partly so thats why you can evade, seriously read the tooltip in vanilla ;) it says that). You can also remove all fuel after each event.

So rerolling stores does work? When I did that it crashed, but maybe it works differently if you're waiting. :) Creating a store twice in the same event doesn't work.

For "trading" are you planning on having a system like CE? That would be pretty interesting. Actually it would be funny if you bought something from them and they didn't actually give it to you :lol: There fore "upsetting the balance of the universe" and forcing you to have to attack them before they charge their FTL. Oh the irony...

You know... You don't have to delay the Rebel fleet for 10000 jumps. If you delayed them for only say... 60-80 jumps you could actually fight a "Boss" and "win" (morally) when the Rebel fleet catches up!!!
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Thu May 08, 2014 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Thu May 08, 2014 1:07 am

This idea. This idea right here. Its genius. I've always liked the few games where I can actually BECOME the shop owner for all those adventurers.

I am hype. :ugeek:
META_mahn

Postby META_mahn » Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

Sounds like the game Recettear to me... Can't wait for the mod.
Back from the dead. After a two year hiatus.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu May 08, 2014 2:11 am

You better have a freaking event where you are attacked by Giant Alien spiders and have to ask someone for help. :lol: %90 probability of them saying sorry alien spiders are no joke. Again... Oh the irony.

Speaking of that though, how will you utilize the distress beacon?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu May 08, 2014 10:40 am

oh my, giant alien spider attack....

Maybe you should have stuff like crates of ammo, fuel, drone parts, etc as augments (Goods for trade).

As I know you are not meant to have fuel in game for this mod and stuff.
Packs in varrying sizes, eg 5 fuel/drone/ ammo. 10, 15, 20, 50, 100 (late game).

Oh and when I said last stand, I didn't mean literally have it in the last stand, I meant like have it in a 'fake' last stand with rebel fighters, riggers, auto ships, etc everywhere and fighting while federation ships come to you for more resources and stuff.

Maybe making the peak of the game will be a fight with a rebel flagship ('fake'). etc.

my random idea.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Thu May 08, 2014 12:44 pm

I'm not going to qoute everything again so I will just answer everything in order:

About the rebel fleet and the boss:
Yes, i'm thinking about delaying them 60 jumps and then when the fleet reaches you, you will fight the Flagship, the 4 artilleries could become a problem, incase AE hasn't changed that.
Perhaps i will make two versions to test and you will tell me which you like better, with a boss or without (that's infinte play then)

Distress beacon:
I renamed it to the station beacon or so it's now referenced in every event.

Engines and evasion:
Ok, I'll change the max engine power to 1 then, but i think they should not be disabled, because otherwise the enemy will never miss and it's only natural that they miss sometimes even if attacking a station and that will be their fault then.

Trading system:
You can trade simple resources, like a few missiles for 10 scrap or so and I shall add trading augments similar to the ones in CE and some taken from Galaxy on Fire 2.
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu May 08, 2014 8:08 pm

Technically speaking the enemy can still miss you with disabled engines, The Flak (SHOTGUN) weapons have an added chance of missing, people reported to miss targets with crippled engines and stuff dozens of times now with that weapon.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu May 08, 2014 9:01 pm

stargateprovider wrote:I'm not going to qoute everything again so I will just answer everything in order:

About the rebel fleet and the boss:
Since we're going to be copying the boss into a normal event a lot of things will have to be changed and also we will be able to change more things. It won't be a 3 stage boss fight most likely because there's no way of setting up 3 different events in a row.
I sort of like R4V3-ON's idea of your station being in the Last Stand, heck you know what would be just awesome!?! What if YOU are the Federation BASE! In the boss fight to balance it you could have friendly ASB fire and the text can say something like "You receive an urgent transmission from Admiral Tully. "The Rebel's main assault has begun! Try to hold out as long as you can, the Kestrel will be there any minute to assist you!"

Distress beacon:
Just in case you didn't know, you have to change the name of the Distress Beacon in the iPad folder's images, not the map images...

Engines and evasion:
Ehh, I would buy having a %5 evade chance or something, but I thought it might add an interesting dynamic having no evade. In CE you can't miss a station unless it cloaks, which I already explained... :lol: You can buy cloaking at the store and don't forget that you're going to be able to repair your station after every fight because you will always have a store so that makes things much easier. Repairs will only cost 2 since your in the first sector!
Also, I can't think of any other way to scale enemies other than what I already said. I think you should be able to upgrade your "engines" when you are ready to face some harder enemies, and thus get more scrap. Then they would just be limited whenever the fight starts. By the way, you won't be able to scale scrap rewards either so you have 2 options: 1.)Get rid of exponentially increasing scrap cost and give each system upgrade a flat upgrade rate for each level or 2.) get rid of all "dynamic" rewards and manually insert how much of each resource you can get from each fight using the add missiles, drones, scrap, etc... Functions.

Trading system:
Can't wait to see how that turns out, I think it will be really fun.
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Fri May 09, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu May 08, 2014 9:28 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:I sort of like RAD-82's idea of your station being in the Last Stand

I was never here; never made a suggestion. I guess there is too many people on this forum to keep them straight. :lol:
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri May 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Just a though: It might be worth to check if req="reactor" lvl="x" works. That would be awesome, cause this way you could gauge the players upgrade progress very directly, which in return would allow you to simulate dynamic enemy progression.