[MOD] Stations Job 1.21

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stargateprovider

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job (Download available!)

Postby stargateprovider » Sat May 02, 2015 9:43 am

Zorin419 wrote:But, could you make a version of the mod with no rebels? At least for me, I would LOVE an FTL shop-owning simulator-esq. type of mod.

Yes, I'll make that version when the mod is complete.
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
Zorin419

Postby Zorin419 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:11 am

stargateprovider wrote:
Zorin419 wrote:But, could you make a version of the mod with no rebels? At least for me, I would LOVE an FTL shop-owning simulator-esq. type of mod.

Yes, I'll make that version when the mod is complete.

Thank you
Zorin419

Postby Zorin419 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:46 am

stylesrj wrote:
Zorin419 wrote:
One more thing, How does the crafting work??

You have the "system parts" augment, then another augment of let's say, Cloaking Parts. You wait for some idle time to show up (don't use your beacon) and I think it should be a blue option. It shouldn't cost you any scrap to do and the parts won't be used up because you can't get rid of augments via events, unless it's the Stasis Pod.

That's all I know. I have no idea how the Asteroid Extractor works (the one that doesn't give you extra scrap per collection). I thought it would be a blue event for idle periods but nope...

Thanks.
Fergulous

Postby Fergulous » Sun May 03, 2015 3:40 pm

Perhaps you could make boarding events less common, and increase scrap rewards? Since you don't get any missiles from killing enemies, just scrap, and it is the same amount of scrap you would get if they had dropped missiles and fuel, shouldn't the amount of scrap be raised from rewards?

Also, the boarding events are really killing me. Most games I lose because 8 boarders get on my station and blow everything up and kill all of my crew. Usually these events are extremely common, for instance, once I got an event with 4 boarders that wrecked my station, then I got one with 6, then one with 2. I had really good weapons, shields 3, and a Level 3 medbay, but the boarder events killed me because I couldn't prepare for them. I had weapon pre-igniter, and a lot of other stuff. It would have been easy to kill a ship that stopped by, but not boarders. I just had 6 humans and 2 slugs. Also, could you make the medbay larger for the Federation Station? It would make sense because you are a space station, you should have a large medbay since so many people stop by.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun May 03, 2015 11:57 pm

I always thought boarding events were a problem. I'd complain about them a lot but only because they're the most annoying encounter. When playing Captain's Edition Infinite, a Teleporter Disruptor was my top priority purchase because I could handle everything but those bloody boarding events which seemed to be everywhere (when in reality it was probably once every five jumps on average).

Also, you're complaining about intruders yet you have 6 Humans and two Slugs? That's actually a pretty solid defence. 6 intruders can be easily managed if you asphyxiate them first before engaging. Plus, you can cycle people in and out of the medbay.

You try doing that with an Engi crew then you can complain about how unfair boarders are. I haven't had it happen myself but I've flown regular ships with an Engi majority and it's not very pleasant, especially if you can't buy new crew (Damn you automated ships!)
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Mon May 04, 2015 3:54 pm

Version 0.b available!
To summarize what's new, here's the changelog (which you can now also see on the front page):
- Made Lanius and Slug crew available in stores
- Updated and added events
- Corrected tooltips
- Corrected a few augments
- Adjusted scrap rewards
- Added civilian station
- Resized shield images

Could also point out that one of the automated ship events now has more blue choices that help to avoid a battle and the stalemate event now provides you with a choice.

I hope this turned out well and continue posting feedback (or some good textlists), that really helps.
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
Fergulous

Postby Fergulous » Mon May 04, 2015 10:07 pm

stylesrj wrote:I always thought boarding events were a problem. I'd complain about them a lot but only because they're the most annoying encounter. When playing Captain's Edition Infinite, a Teleporter Disruptor was my top priority purchase because I could handle everything but those bloody boarding events which seemed to be everywhere (when in reality it was probably once every five jumps on average).

Also, you're complaining about intruders yet you have 6 Humans and two Slugs? That's actually a pretty solid defence. 6 intruders can be easily managed if you asphyxiate them first before engaging. Plus, you can cycle people in and out of the medbay.

You try doing that with an Engi crew then you can complain about how unfair boarders are. I haven't had it happen myself but I've flown regular ships with an Engi majority and it's not very pleasant, especially if you can't buy new crew (Damn you automated ships!)

Well, I know it's a pretty decent crew, but still, it is ridiculous how many boarders there are. I have actually had majority engi crews and got boarded, and it ended horribly.
theDoomBox

Postby theDoomBox » Mon May 04, 2015 11:06 pm

Fergulous wrote:I have actually had majority engi crews and got boarded

There's your problem
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon May 04, 2015 11:28 pm

theDoomBox wrote:
Fergulous wrote:I have actually had majority engi crews and got boarded

There's your problem

You ever tried getting a decent, anti-boarding crew when the store, slavers and random events only keep giving you Engies?

And the player ships that do give you Mantis warriors at the start have another problem - automated ships.
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Sun May 17, 2015 7:46 pm

Buying powerupgrade from a sludge ship doesnt work.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?