Custom Ships

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Neodaemo

Custom Ships

Postby Neodaemo » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:13 am

I've played FTL for a while, and installed some mods, but I'm having issues with custom ships.
I can install other people's ships just fine, but whenever I create my own I'm having some issues.
I use the Slipstream mod manager and superluminal to make ships. I've tried so many different ways of exporting them and making them .ftl, but I always get a crash when I go to a hanger. I have no idea why.
Maybe someone who is experienced in modding and superluminal could help me?
Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks all of you, I figured it out and it was having Artillery System that was causing it to not work. It works fine without artillery, though the sensors and doors do act a little strangely, but not being AE compatible that's to be expected.
Last edited by Neodaemo on Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kartoFlane

Re: Custom Ships

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Superluminal is not up to date yet, so ships exported with it have to be manually edited after exporting to make them AE-compatible.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:49 am

I don't know how many ways a properly built ship made in Superluminal can cause a crash, but the only way that I can think of is if the ship has an artillery system.

edit: I guess 0x0 rooms crash too, but I don't consider that as properly built.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:33 am

0x0 rooms, missing <offset> tag from layout.xml, and I think there's something new in shipBlueprint, but I'm not actually sure about that (haven't checked that thoroughly yet)
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:21 pm

kartoFlane wrote:0x0 rooms, missing <offset> tag from layout.xml, and I think there's something new in shipBlueprint, but I'm not actually sure about that (haven't checked that thoroughly yet)

I think you should just put up in bold and large letters on the Superluminal thread: SUPERLUMINAL IS NOT AE COMPATIBLE.