Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ThePieman

Re: [MOD]Thanatos - Federation Cruiser Alt Replacement

Postby ThePieman » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:12 am

Thanks Karto! :D
Sypher667

Postby Sypher667 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:17 pm

So, all the links are dead for me, and the game crashes when I try to select the ship... Why're the links dead? It would seem that if I had dl'd a new version, I'd be set....
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:15 pm

Looks like I forgot to update the links when I reorganized my Dropbox folder. Here's the updated link.
That said, I haven't updated the mod to AE, so I have no idea whatsoever whether it will work... Likely not.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Sypher667

Postby Sypher667 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:56 am

Yeah, it still crashes the game when I select the ship. But at least I can see the ship in the list now, so I guess it works more than the version I had. Do you plan to update to AE?
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:22 am

Assuming you are using SMM and not the GMM that is mentioned in the first post, then this file might help. I haven't tested it, so I don't know if I made any typos, but it should make the ship playable with all the new AE systems. Just rename the .zip to .ftl and load it after the file kartoFlane provided.

I also saw an unused weapon image, so I also tried to make that work. It looks like the bio beam was copied over the glaive beam. :P

edit: This file is no longer necessary. Just download from kartoFlane's link in the post above. It has been updated to include this content. :mrgreen:

edit (April 25, 2014): Received message, "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." Removed this file which should no longer be needed to see if it helps any.
Last edited by RAD-82 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:22 am

Thanks RAD, I applied your fixes (except the animations.xml one, you messed frame dimensions up :lol:), the ship now works fine with AE :)
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:10 pm

kartoFlane wrote:except the animations.xml one, you messed frame dimensions up :lol:

You'll need to explain this one to me. I see an image of 8 frames on a sheet that is 240 wide and 57 long. What exactly did I do wrong?

*takes a look at new download*

Okay, I see that you did use my new animations.xml. I don't know why you said you didn't. You must've confused the original one with mine. :lol:

I'm not completely sure I chose the right rooms for the battery and cloak. I placed them in the middle rooms, but I think I should've placed them in the rooms to the right of the engines and shields. :|
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:36 pm

RAD-82 wrote:*takes a look at new download*

Okay, I see that you did use my new animations.xml. I don't know why you said you didn't. You must've confused the original one with mine. :lol:

Woot. Well, that's quite likely, seeing as I don't actually remember which one's code I used in the end... I blame that on sleep deprivation >_>

RAD-82 wrote:I'm not completely sure I chose the right rooms for the battery and cloak. I placed them in the middle rooms, but I think I should've placed them in the rooms to the right of the engines and shields. :|

*shrug* they're fine, I guess. For now the important thing is that it's playable :P
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:05 am

Updated OP to include new links.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:26 pm

For some reason I ended up touching this ship up once more...

Code: Select all

- Added metadata
- Changed offset slightly, moved it up a bit
- The ship no longer starts with artiller system installed
- Also starts with 1 less power bar
- Artillery can now be bought in stores, as was said in the ship's description in OP

Download link should remain the same, but to be certain, here's the new version
The old one, without these changes, is available here