[Ship] The Hive - Engi Commercial Cruiser

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
G0ldunDrak0n

[Ship] The Hive - Engi Commercial Cruiser

Postby G0ldunDrak0n » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:56 pm

Hello everyone, I'm G0ldunDrak0n.
This is the first ship mod that I actually released so far, hope you'll like it :).
Don't forget to tell me what you think about it once you've played with it : I'll do anything I can to make it better !
Also, there is a graphical sh*t when O2 is low in a 1x1 room :( . This can be annoying so you should install "Low O2" icons mod.
Image"Glich in 1x1 rooms"

Background :
This vessel was designed by an Engi shopkeeper too protect his wares. Its defense and attack mechanics relies on the powerful drones it contains. It has been requisitioned by the Federation, but still contains a sheer amount of missiles that can be sold or used in battle.
The weapon system is weak, and the missile drone is the only way to damage an enemy ship early in the game.
The missile drone is quite overpowered (it produces its own missiles, so it won't use any of yours), but the ship lacks a good defense : shields only cover up the "drones" part of the ship.

Crew :
3 Engi
1 Zoltan

Weapons :
Small Bomb
Ion Blast
+ one empty slot

Drones :
Anti-personnel
Missile Drone
Defense Mark II

Images : (Sorry, they're a bit small and messy but that's the best I was able to get :? )
The ship in hangar.

Now with rooms. You can also see the missile drone description.

The Hive in combat with an automated ship. The missile drone is firing a missile.

Download !
Engi Hive Cruiser

If anyone wants to make a video playthrought of the ship, you need no permission form me to do it. Just let me know if you want me to put it here.
Last edited by G0ldunDrak0n on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Image G0ldunDrak0nImageImage <-- Click here !
agigabyte

Re: [Ship] The Hive - Engi Commercial Cruiser

Postby agigabyte » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:09 pm

The weapons system is seven days? ;)
G0ldunDrak0n

Postby G0ldunDrak0n » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:03 pm

Oops... :roll:
I correct that immediatly.
Thanks agigabyte. If you spot another error like this, tell me ! :D
Fangz

Postby Fangz » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:41 am

Very nice ship, Drakon. Thanks!

I really liked the idea of having to rely on your Def. Drone II as a makeshift shield. Had a lot of fun playing with it. Got steamrolled by the second stage of the boss :(

Now for a piece of criticism/suggestion:

I think 4 weapon slots would be nice for this ship because otherwise you have to be extremely lucky on weapon drops to achieve victory. Given that this is a no shield ship, you need to destroy the second stage of the flagship really really fast lest you get wrecked in seconds.

Alternatively keep the ship as is but give it stealth weapons so you can make better use of the cloaking device.

Anyhow, at the current state, with only 3 weapon slots, you need some crazy powerful/energy efficient loadout to beat the flagship. Like 2 burst lasers II and a Halberd beam or the former plus a burst laser III. And that takes a lot of luck to get.
G0ldunDrak0n

Postby G0ldunDrak0n » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:05 pm

Thanks, Fangz. I think your critisism is totally justified : I found out myself that the flagship was practically impossible to defeat with my ship.
So, I will release, probably during this week (and this time I mean "the following seven days" ;)), a more balanced version of the ship taking into acount your suggestions.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:40 pm

Any chance for an AE update? Im trying to use it now with AE and so far it works but the systems from AE wont install and is a waste of scrap (understandable due to lack of AE patch).
G0ldunDrak0n

Postby G0ldunDrak0n » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:40 am

Yes, there will be an AE update, but probably not right now. As of now, I don't have time for modding, but I will make an update as soon as possible. So, make sure you check this page from time to time, but don't really expect an update before end of May.
Jellosity

Postby Jellosity » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:22 pm

This is a fun little cruiser :D.
THE HERMES CRUISER
Estel

Postby Estel » Wed May 14, 2014 5:08 pm

Waiting eagerly for the AE update! I really liked this ship, even despite lack of canonical "donut hole" which should be a part of every engi ship ;)
gr33ndog

Postby gr33ndog » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:45 pm

just an idea is to remove the air lock from the drone control and put it in that 1x1 room by the way love the ship