[SHIP]Federation Medical Cruiser -AE compatable

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
PLurking

Re: [SHIP]Federation Medical Cruiser -AE compatable

Postby PLurking » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:41 am

I was looking to play the Captain's Edition recently and wanted to find a good ship to captain. Nothing quite did it for me so I decided to modify one to suit my needs. And so the Odysseus was born. The Odysseus is an older design primarily used for deep-space research and study. Current events find it re-fitted with an experimental beam weapon, a suicide mission, and a whole lot of courage.

This ship is for the Captain's Edition Infinite with Endless Loot. I have no idea if it work will work anywhere else, but I would think not.

Screenshots and the mod link can be found here.

This is a major overhaul of the original design; I did keep the larger-than-regular Medbay because it seemed to tie things together well. The Odysseus is designed as bare-bones as possible. The Artillery Beam I would have excluded, if not for engine limitations, but I find it to increase early-game survival rate significantly. The two weapons equipped are extremely weak--they are, however, slightly better than your average equipment for only two power--but they work well together (with a short cooldown of 10 seconds). I suggest purchasing a missile launcher as soon as possible.

I designed the Odysseus around compatibility and ease of access. You also have an extra blue event at most idle beacons. And I think the layout is plain cool. Let me know what you think.
4DaDiamonds

Postby 4DaDiamonds » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:08 pm

PLurking wrote:I was looking to play the Captain's Edition recently and wanted to find a good ship to captain. Nothing quite did it for me so I decided to modify one to suit my needs. And so the Odysseus was born. The Odysseus is an older design primarily used for deep-space research and study. Current events find it re-fitted with an experimental beam weapon, a suicide mission, and a whole lot of courage.

This ship is for the Captain's Edition Infinite with Endless Loot. I have no idea if it work will work anywhere else, but I would think not.

Screenshots and the mod link can be found here.

This is a major overhaul of the original design; I did keep the larger-than-regular Medbay because it seemed to tie things together well. The Odysseus is designed as bare-bones as possible. The Artillery Beam I would have excluded, if not for engine limitations, but I find it to increase early-game survival rate significantly. The two weapons equipped are extremely weak--they are, however, slightly better than your average equipment for only two power--but they work well together (with a short cooldown of 10 seconds). I suggest purchasing a missile launcher as soon as possible.

I designed the Odysseus around compatibility and ease of access. You also have an extra blue event at most idle beacons. And I think the layout is plain cool. Let me know what you think.

Wow, this looks really good! :D
However, being the OCD person I am, I have made some adjustments to it:

- Made it compatible with CE (Non-endless loot, still uses Hasta and Ion Stunner)
- Made it replace the Federation Cruiser, like the original mod
- Replaced the Slug with a Human
- Swapped the position of the Cloak and Engines to even out of the amount of starting systems in one area
- Changed the room icon for Engines to match its new position
- Changed the room icon for Artillery
- Replaced the Vindicator Beam with the XL Industrial Beam
- Added an additional 2 doors into the Cloaking room

Download:
The Odysseus Research Vessel

Tell me what you think! :D
Possibly more (Minor) Changes to come :)
Last edited by 4DaDiamonds on Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PLurking

Postby PLurking » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:02 am

Good to see you made it more compatible with regular CE. I made it pretty far in the ship, losing my crew to the artillery beam no less than three separate times. I learned my lesson there. But then that one pirate ship jumped away just as my boarding party was slaughtering everyone...good times. Fun design, definitely interesting to play.
4DaDiamonds

Postby 4DaDiamonds » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:21 pm

MOAR UPDATES TO (my version of) THE ODYSSEUS!

- Changed the artillery to a Waveform EMP
- Replaced the Hasta Beam with a Pike Beam
- Upgraded weapon power by 1 to accommodate this
- Added exterior airlocks to the O2 and Battery rooms
- Again, changed the colour of the Artillery room to blue to match the concept of an 'EMP'
- Upgraded engines power by 1
- Tweaked the ship info to replace the 'experimental beam weapon' with an 'experimental EMP weapon'
- Ever so slightly tweaked the gibs to match my updated ones for the Eagle (Makes it look more possible)

Download:
The Odysseus Research Vessel
Medieval_Man

Postby Medieval_Man » Tue May 26, 2015 10:50 am

So this is pretty much the only custom ship i've ever enjoyed playing, and I've never really felt the need to add much beyond that and CE. Was having a pretty fun run after reinstalling and not playing for over a year. Then i got to a store and realized that i didn't have anywhere to put a backup battery, so I ended up downloading superluminal....

Long story short, I made a 'B' type for the Medical Cruiser. I call it the Caladrius, the concept being the standard Medi Cruiser converted for search and rescue duty, thus the three augments and the hardy crew. As I see it, it's a bit over powered on paper, but much like it's predecessor it only takes being unlucky once to end this thing. just enjoyed the idea so thought i'd share.

2015-05-27_00001.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2yd1f4cdqnr7i4l/Medi%20Cruiser%20Caladrius.ftl?dl=0
porcu93

Postby porcu93 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:34 pm

Here I am yet again with another ship resurrection. Thankfully the initial setup and room layout were still available, I used the hull and weapon mounts from PLurking's CE Endless Loot version of the ship, from there I redid the layout. I've removed those 5 long corridors in favour of 3 2x1 rooms plus another 2x1 in an offset (you'll understand when you see the ship in game). I've added the location for the missing systems and set the location for the Clonebay to be in the same room as the Med Bay with the vat located in the top-left corner. The Medbay is obviously the same size. I've changed a few floor images, removed a total of 2 doors from the Oxygen room and updated the Doors and Sensors images to have their consoles. Because I can't find any info about the crew and the number of weapon and drone slots, you start with 4 humans, 4 weapon slots and 2 drone slots, let me know if any of this is wrong and I'll fix it. And with all this being said, here's the download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1boDo5xfTZR4DOq2xZKNVTd7oFwm0BUDX/view?usp=sharing