[Ship] Space Turtles vAE.2

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Slowpoke (Space Turtle)

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:21 pm

MightyKebab wrote:No crew? O_o

I did mention that back in the old development post that is now gone.

RAD-82 wrote:The turtle is ready for the slow trek over to Working Mods. I'm sure someone will carry it over there.

When I said slow trek, I didn't realize it was going to be more than a day. :P
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
UltraMantis

Re: [Ship] Slowpoke (Space Turtle)

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:22 am

Topic moved by Slowpoke moderator ;)

With apologies.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Space Turtles (Slowpoke & Flametoise)

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:54 pm

I had my first run with Slowpoke last week. I died in Sector 5, shortly after I bought a Burst Laser II and found a Halberd Beam. :( Never had a chance to use them.

Update slowly in the works.

edit (April 25, 2014): Received message, "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." Removed this image to see if it helps any. Picture was of baby turtle drones, which can be seen in the hanger images in the first post.

Graphics are poor quality, as usual. There is still a low chance I could change them before release.
The green one shoots a missile. It comes from the right side. I need to experiment to fix that. Perhaps a new missile animation rather than the Leto animation.
The red one shoots a fire beam. The turtle seems to move away while the beam is still firing. I guess that is okay.
The blue one shoots an ion blast. It seems to shoot from the correct spot.

Engine upgrades will now be 8x instead of 10x, so there won't be anymore 4-digit costs.
Type A, Slowpoke, will start with a missile drone.
Type B, Flametoise, is in production. More details when released...

edit (Feb. 4): Slowpoke flew again (this time with baby turtle drones), and won this time. Sold all my missiles weapons early for a Glaive Beam, then bought the new Phoenix Missile that Flametoise starts with. By the end, the Glaive wasn't very useful and it was replaced with two Pegasus weapons. The Glaive and turtle drone allowed me to save up plenty of missiles for the end. Crew-wise, I only had two Crystals, one from the quest, and another from a surrender in the Crystal sector; they never got to use a teleporter. The second crystal died in the medbay (fought a boarding drone) when it got hit by a breach missile. I beat the final phase of the boss with 6 hull points left. Update is still in the works. I may need to give Flametoise a Heated Ion Blast.

I'm going to upgrade the starting shields from 2 to 3. It will save players 20 scrap and maybe prevent extra damage when the shields get damaged early in the game. With the starting augments, I don't feel comfortable enough to provide 2 levels of shields (4) at the start.
Last edited by RAD-82 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Space Turtles (Slowpoke & Flametoise)

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:21 pm

I'm finished, I think... My problem is that I can't test it, and I don't know how long this situation will last.

Actually, I could test it, but I don't want to mess with the snow. Don't bother asking why snow has anything to do with this.
edit: Now it is rain/slush, and I don't want to mess with that.

I will try and mention many details here and someone can say whether or not they want me to upload the untested file. Given that MediaFire says Slowpoke has 6 downloads, I don't actually see anybody asking for an untested release.

General changes and additions:
-Engine upgrades cost 8x the normal amount. It was 10x in the original release of Slowpoke.
-Cloaking can be upgraded to level 4 for a 20 second cloak. This was in the original release.
-Starting shield level increased from 2 to 3.

New to 2.0:
+Type B ship, Flametoise (Graphics already tested after my last Slowpoke run unlocked the Type B.)
-Instead of the Shield Charge Booster that comes with Slowpoke, Flametoise gets a Drone Recovery Arm

+New weapons; all should be available for purchase (Only Phoenix existed during my last Slowpoke run, but I've replaced the weapon graphic. Other weapons are untested.)
-Flare Missile; similar to Leto, but high fire chance (8)
>-Replaces Slowpoke's starting Leto, purely for the extra second of cooldown.
>-Added to Rock weapon list and increased chance of finding in Rock sectors
-Phoenix Missile; double Flare Missile.
>-Possibly inspired by 5thHorseman, but wasn't actively thinking that.
>-Flametoise starting weapon
>-Increased chance of finding in Rock sectors
-Heated Ion Blast; for an extra power, adds burning potential (6)/crew damage (1) to an Ion Blast.
>-Flametoise starting weapon
>-Added to Slug weapon list

+New baby turtle drones; all should be available for purchase (These existed in my last run, but I never saw them in a shop. I don't think I ever saw drones in a shop during that run, but I did receive one after a fight.)
-Anti-Ship Missile Turtle; new, untested projectile. Should be the only drone that needs tested. (Slowpoke starting drone)
-Anti-Ship Fire Beam Turtle; beam burns crew (1) with high fire chance (9) (Flametoise starting drone)
-Anti-Ship Ion Turtle (Flametoise starting drone)
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Space Turtles (Slowpoke & Flametoise) v2.0

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:33 pm

Finally uploaded and updated. Seems there might have been 3 people who were too impatient to wait for this, since the MediaFire download counter increased since my previous announcement of the 2.0 update.

Slowpoke might be a little bit easier now, but Flametoise might be a little slow and painful to get started. It only has one hull-damaging weapon, which is missile-based. Flametoise doesn't start with as many missiles as Slowpoke.

----

I might need to look into imgur. That seems to work well for others.
edit: Nevermind. I seem to have found a solution for the Steam problem so it doesn't download the image anymore. I never needed to do this for my older screenshots, but now I know how to resize them. :)
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Space Turtles vAE.1

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:22 am

Updated for Advanced Edition!

There are a few changes, but I'll only mention three things here.

New Inferno Blast weapon! Once those shields are down, you get a HUGE area to start potential fires.

The position of the Clone Bay on Slowpoke is intentional, I suppose... :| I didn't want it cluttering the actual room.

Flametoise got renamed after a turtle in another game.
Talow

Postby Talow » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:14 pm

It's fun to mess around with. Any plans on making a type C turtle?
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:05 am

Talow wrote:Any plans on making a type C turtle?

There wasn't, but I suppose I could make a blue one sometime in the future. It'll probably go in a different direction, since I can't think of anything else to do along the lines of the turtle drones.

I don't actually like this mod. I think I only made it because the idea got in my head and I needed to get it out.
Talow

Postby Talow » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:45 am

RAD-82 wrote:
Talow wrote:Any plans on making a type C turtle?

There wasn't, but I suppose I could make a blue one sometime in the future. It'll probably go in a different direction, since I can't think of anything else to do along the lines of the turtle drones.

I don't actually like this mod. I think I only made it because the idea got in my head and I needed to get it out.

Ahh. okay then. still fun to mess around with.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:19 am

Just did a YouTube search for FTL mods and was a bit surprised to find this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0zIQpBLHf8

It's a mod overview by ZippyDragon, and he demonstrates the Inferno Blast for one fight. I added the link to the first post.

I think I should get to work on that Type C turtle. Sure, I have other mods that need done, but I'd like to get this out of the way.