[SHIP] The Moke & Firestarter (3.0, for AE)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
TaxiService

Re: [SHIP] The Moke (ver. 1.1)

Postby TaxiService » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:19 am

Oh welp! : ) Here's what i'm working on for the B layout anyway:

I'm thinking about giving it some sort of high fire chance beam weapon. I'll have to find a way to make it not OP and to look into how to animate it. I've seen that it is possible to add lighting effects to an artillery beam, just gotta figure out how to make everything fit together.

also yo, criticism is welcome as always.
ImageImageImageImageImage
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:53 am

One small sentence...

HOLY [censored, we are sorry to interrupt your reading, please try again later] that looks amazing!
And nice concept... will it be a pirate ship? I assume due to the paint scheme. Rock Fire boarding crew?....
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:38 pm

Excellent looking mod, great job. :)
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:18 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:will it be a pirate ship? I assume due to the paint scheme. Rock Fire boarding crew?....

More or less! It would indeed feature a stolen artillery fire beam of some sorts, but more than built for pirating i consider this ship to be the an illegal creation of some ship-crafting enthusiast, made just because they could. :P
The rock boarding thing isn't a bad idea at all! I could give it a 2x2 teleporter maybe? We'll see.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:39 pm

TaxiService wrote:Danke! I'm considering doing a B layout that would include an artillery weapon of some sort. I'm currently trying to figure out how to make that work, though. Is it possible for my ship to have a different artillery weapon than the fed cruiser without modifying the fed cruiser's artillery beam? Is there any documentation about this that anyone could recommend to me? : )

Also i've updated the .ftl again, it now includes metadata for SSM. (thanks to DryEagle for helping me realize what i was doing wrong in packing the .ftl) (i was trying to compress the img, data and mod-appendix folders within another folder :V )

As Raven said, it's not going to happen. Unless you make an 'artillery' weapon and put it on one of the weapon mounts, of course, but that relies on players a lot more than the artillery system.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:13 am

That's too bad, but not a problem. Also thanks UltraMantis for adding my ship to the mod list. : )

Expect an update within hours. I'm working on it.
TaxiService

Re: [SHIP] The Moke & Firestarter (2.0)

Postby TaxiService » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:45 pm

I released an update. The mod now includes a B layout, the "Firestarter", which features a crappy artillery laser.
It's kind of rushed though, it might need some tweaking to make it neither under- nor over-powered. I fear that right now it might be the former. Please tell me what you think about it if you have the chance to try it out!

Anyway, thanks to everybody for the help and feedback! And happy new year! Image
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:22 am

I really like these ships...

I did a trial run (or three due to some issues with Captain's Edition. :P) with the Firestarter on-stream the other day and had a lot of fun with it. I like that the artillery lasers don't pierce shields so they become less powerful against highly-shielded enemies, not to mention that evasion still works on them. It makes them a nice addition to your arsenal rather than being the key element of your arsenal.

I've also just started posting a run with the Moke using Infinite Space on youtube, and I'm enjoying that as well. Not having that medbay to start with can be killer, though. :P

Anyhow, nicely done. I look forward to seeing what else you come up with.
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
OneRedBlock

Postby OneRedBlock » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:18 am

I might be blind and not see something, but do you need the Federation Cruiser unlocked to play this ship?
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:19 am

Note: Oh crap i just noticed that both the links in the first post linked to the fed-replacing version!! I fixed it now, so you should be able to download the kestrel version normally. Sorry!!!

So yeah, to use both ships you need to have the Federation Cruiser unlocked. I also made a version that replaces the Kestrel A but includes only the Moke. (and the link now works)

I made it this way because basically there's only one artillery beam allowed in the game and, since the Firestarter uses a modified beam, if I released the ships replacing the Kestrels it would've made weird things to the Fed cruiser.

So, you can either download the Kestrel-replacing pack that features only the Moke or the Fed-replacing pack that features both ships.

@VanguardOfValor:
I'm really glad you like my ships!! : ) I feel kinda honored to have 'em featured in your runs! Image
I hope i'll be able to make some more soon. It has been fun doing them and i have some ideas for more ships, i've just got to find the time to work on 'em!