[SHIP] Dragon Cruiser (Made For Gingerdragon87)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
BrenTenkage

Re: [SHIP] Dragon Cruiser (Made For Gingerdragon87)

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:19 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09rTiu1a ... e=youtu.be

Here ya go, thanks for making this, I'm sure Ginger's Let's play will be just as good if not better then mine ^_^
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:03 am

Those are quite nice colours for that ship!
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:46 pm

stargateprovider wrote:Those are quite nice colours for that ship!

Thank You :D
Silver Of Infinity

Postby Silver Of Infinity » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:08 am

Wow, I have been looking for a ship with an interesting play style. This definitely gave that to me! The artillery beam sound gave me quite a start, though it is an awesome sound! Great job!
Lasers, Aliens and Starships.
TheEngiBoarder

Ship request

Postby TheEngiBoarder » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:41 pm

Hey anthonest may you make me a ship i like the repairing speed of engi but i feel like i want to try to board things (i have never used boarding tactics) i like the look of slug ships and i would like to have no weapons (the one time i used a teleporter my guys died :oops: ) i hope you can make this (can it replace kestral please)
agigabyte

Re: Ship request

Postby agigabyte » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:53 pm

[qwetsufsre="TheEngiBoarder"]Hey anthonest may you make me a ship i like the repairing speed of engi but i feel like i want to try to board things (i have never used boarding tactics) i like the look of slug ships and i would like to have no weapons (the one time i used a teleporter my guys died :oops: ) i hope you can make this (can it replace kestral please)[/quote]

Polite response: Mod requests tend to not go well with mod makers here, so you should probably not make them.

Real response: how about you go and learn to make myself instead of asking other people to make them for you.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:14 pm

agigabyte wrote:Polite response: Mod requests tend to not go well with mod makers here, so you should probably not make them.

Real response: how about you go and learn to make myself instead of asking other people to make them for you.

Eh, no need to be hostile. There's nothing wrong with requests, per se - it's all about tone. If you sound demanding, it's more likely to garner a negative reaction, but TEB's is polite enough at least.

@TEB, agigabyte isn't necessarily wrong either - it's not hard to learn ship modding, even if you've never done it before. Making a good ship mod is a bit trickier, but that comes with practice and time. Just keep in mind there's a difference between mods you learn from and mods worth posting. ;)
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:22 pm

TheEngiBoarder wrote:Hey anthonest may you make me a ship i like the repairing speed of engi but i feel like i want to try to board things (i have never used boarding tactics) i like the look of slug ships and i would like to have no weapons (the one time i used a teleporter my guys died :oops: ) i hope you can make this (can it replace kestral please)

I simply do not have the time for it really, school and my Arcadian War mod have pretty much taken over my life. And I normally don't take requests anyways
Pruntyisawesome

Postby Pruntyisawesome » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:05 pm

Can you give me some advices about modding? I have MANY ideas, but when it comes to design and making the ship... I tried do it using cat's guide, via FTLEditor, but despite i could've seen the list, when i tried to double-click the ship it said that the enter line had wrong format. :/ Also i can't draw. At all. What can i do to make a fancy ship without drawing?
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:39 pm

Pruntyisawesome wrote:Can you give me some advices about modding? I have MANY ideas, but when it comes to design and making the ship... I tried do it using cat's guide, via FTLEditor, but despite i could've seen the list, when i tried to double-click the ship it said that the enter line had wrong format. :/ Also i can't draw. At all. What can i do to make a fancy ship without drawing?

Splice stuff for images. Try the Superluminal ship editor.